|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Optical Instrument & Lens Manufacturing
Overview of the U.S. Optical Instrument & Lens Manufacturing IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Optical Instrument & Lens Manufacturing: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Optical Instrument & Lens Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Optical Instrument And Lens Manufacturing
Sighting, Tracking, And Fire-Control Equipment, Optical-Type
All Other Miscellaneous Optical Instruments And Lenses (Including Binoculars And Astronomical Instruments)
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Optical Instrument & Lens Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Optical Instrument & Lens Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Optical Instrument & Lens Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Optical Instrument & Lens Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Optical Instrument & Lens Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Business and Financial Operations Occupations||6%|
|Computer and Mathematical Occupations||5%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||11%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||12%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||17%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||13%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||13%|
|Other Production Occupations||9%|
Optical Instrument & Lens Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Leica Biosystems Imaging||34|
|Optical Coating Laboratory|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Meopta Introduces Their New MeoRed T Reflex Sight - Meopta’s proprietary MeoBright lens multi-coatings eliminate glare and reflections ... Meopta is an international company with a long rich tradition of developing, manufacturing and assembling world-class optical, optomechanical and optoelectronic ... (01/02/2018)
- Global Optical Lens Machine Market by Manufacturers, Types, Regions and Application Research Report - As this will help manufacturers and investors alike, to have a better understanding of the direction in which the Optical Lens Machine Market is headed ... (USA), Dia Optical (Canada), Essilor instruments (USA), Huvitz (Korea), Ez-Fit (Italy), Luneau ... (12/22/2017)
- Optical instrument providers are scrambling to transition to EtherCAT - optical lens producers face the same challenge of how to implement synchronous motion control on the production line to achieve high-performance and high-precision control. Most manufacturers are used to satisfying their production needs by expanding ... (10/18/2017)
- Lens Edger Market Competitive Analysis and 2022 Forecasts - A few top players in the industry are Luneau Technology Group, Nidek, Essilor Instruments, Huvitz Co ltd, Topcon Corporation, MEI, Dia Optical ... are also discussed and manufacturing processes and cost structures analyzed. Lens Edger market import ... (10/09/2017)
- Light Announces Manufacturing Partnership With Sunny Optical Technology - Sunny Optical delivers first-class manufacturing capabilities and the capacity to produce ... Such products include optical components (such as glass spherical and aspherical lenses, plane products, handset lens sets, vehicle lens sets and other various ... (07/02/2015)
- Research and Markets: Optical Instrument and Lens Manufacturing Industry in the U.S. and its International Trade 2011 Edition Projects Industry Trends through to 2015 - LLC's new report "Optical Instrument and Lens Manufacturing Industry in the U.S. and its International Trade [2011 Edition]" to their offering. This latest Optical Instrument and Lens Manufacturing Industry report provides the most updated market research ... (04/12/2011)
- Reflectivity Measurement System aids lens manufacturing. - The system is designed for use with lenses, prisms, flat glass, plastics and electronic components designed and produced by optical manufacturers ... Industrial Measurement and Imaging Instruments and Cameras and Audio Products. Olympus works ... (03/24/2011)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $715,599,921 on Optical Instrument & Lens Manufacturing. It has awarded 2,824 contracts to 607 companies, with an average value of $1,178,913 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Lens grinding (except ophthalmic), Comparators, optical, manufacturing, Microscopes (except electron, proton) manufacturing, Laboratory analytical optical instruments (e.g., microscopes) manufacturing, Optical alignment and display instruments (except photographic) manufacturing, Gauges, machinist's precision tool, Prisms, Loupes (e.g., jewelers) manufacturing, Photographic lenses manufacturing, Reflectors, Sights, telescopic, Camera lenses manufacturing, Interferometers manufacturing, Projection lenses manufacturing, Gratings, diffraction, Theodolites manufacturing, Lens coating (except ophthalmic), Magnifying instruments, Lens mounting (except ophthalmic), Binoculars manufacturing, Instrument lenses manufacturing, Gun sighting and fire control equipment and instruments, Optical gun sighting and fire control equipment and instruments manufacturing, Telescopes manufacturing, Periscopes manufacturing, Night vision optical device manufacturing, Optical test and inspection equipment manufacturing, Mirrors, Lenses (except ophthalmic) manufacturing, Glasses, field or opera, Magnifying glasses (except corrective vision-type) manufacturing, Gun sights, Lens polishing (except ophthalmic), etc.