|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Phosphatic Fertilizer Manufacturing
Overview of the U.S. Phosphatic Fertilizer Manufacturing IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Phosphatic Fertilizer Manufacturing: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Phosphatic Fertilizer Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Other Basic Inorganic Chemical Manufacturing
Phosphatic Fertilizer Manufacturing
Superphosphates And Other Phosphatic Fertilizer Materials
Mixed Fertilizers, Made In Plants Which Manufacture Fertilizer Materials
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Phosphatic Fertilizer Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Phosphatic Fertilizer Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Phosphatic Fertilizer Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Phosphatic Fertilizer Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Phosphatic Fertilizer Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Life, Physical, and Social Science Occupations||6%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||10%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||9%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||7%|
|Plant and System Operators||12%|
|Miscellaneous Plant and System Operators||12%|
|Chemical Plant and System Operators||12%|
|Other Production Occupations||24%|
|Chemical Processing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||7%|
|Chemical Equipment Operators and Tenders||6%|
|Crushing, Grinding, Polishing, Mixing, and Blending Workers||9%|
|Mixing and Blending Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||9%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||12%|
|Material Moving Workers||8%|
Phosphatic Fertilizer Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Itafos Announces the Closing of the Acquisition of the Conda Phosphate Operations and the Appointment of Ron Wilkinson to Its Board of Directors - Itafos is an integrated producer of phosphate fertilizers with an attractive portfolio of long ... reserves and resources, mine life, production, operating costs, product sales and pricing, capital expenditures, financing sources and use of funds ... (01/12/2018)
- Proper Application of Fertilizers May Lead to More Consistent Olive Harvests - In ‘on’ years, trees produce a higher yield of fruit, which depletes their reserves of nitrogen, phosphate and potassium. Fruit trees then produce less fruit in ‘off’ years in order to expend those same nutrients on seed production and leaf and ... (01/10/2018)
- Middle East and Africa Phosphatic Fertilizers Market | Analysis | Share | Industry Reports - Phosphorous improves the production of grains as well as forage and thus constitute one of the essential components for the growth of a plant along with nitrogen and potassium. Phosphatic fertilizers are used on a diversity of crops such as vegetables ... (01/10/2018)
- The killing of 40 and more companies - Super-Phosphate Fertilizer Co.-Kaduna-100%, North Brewery Ltd.-Kano-50%, National Truces Manufacturing Co. Ltd.-Kano-35%, Nigeria Sugar Company Ltd.-Kwara-19.7%, Ajaokuta Steel Co. Ltd.-Kwara-100%, Nigera Paper Mills Ltd.-Kwara-100%, Lafiagi Sugar ... (01/09/2018)
- GrowMax Resources Announces Phosphate Rock Offtake Agreement With Kisan International Trading - The Company’s vision is to become a leading producer of phosphate and potash fertilizer products in Peru ... assumptions or future events (including future phosphate rock production) should be viewed as forward-looking information. (01/08/2018)
- Wholesale Fertilizer Prices Seen Steady to Slightly Higher in Short Term - International: Ammonia prices continued trending upward in December behind healthy demand from phosphate producers ... values in other fertilizer products such as ammonia are lending strength to urea. With reduced imports, new production coming on later ... (01/06/2018)
- Nutrien Ltd. Stock Price Soars to Kickstart 2018: Time to Buy? - Let’s take a look at the fertilizer giant to see if it deserves to be in ... The new firm is a global powerhouse in the crop nutrients sector, with potash, nitrogen, and phosphate production businesses in addition to a strong retail operation that ... (01/05/2018)
- PotashCorp, Agrium merger complete - Nutrien is the world’s largest provider of crop inputs and services and helps growers increase food production ... nitrogen and phosphate products worldwide. The company also intends to keep fertilizer costs low, which will save approximately $500 ... (01/04/2018)
- The global phosphate rock market is expected to reach 268.0 million tons by 2024 - Therefore, the growing demand for fertilizer is expected to be the primary driving ... grain, and agricultural production. Demand for phosphate rock in Asia Pacific was 127.94 million tons in 2016 and is anticipated to maintain its dominant position ... (01/03/2018)
- Fertilizer giant Nutrien sets out to grow business - The new entity also boasts two phosphate fertilizer facilities in North America and one in Canada, totalling 4.2m tonnes/year of production - plus some 7.7m tonnes of ammonia fertilizer capacity. Married to this production powerhouse is the world’s ... (01/02/2018)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $44,395 on Phosphatic Fertilizer Manufacturing. It has awarded 2 contracts to 2 companies, with an average value of $22,198 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Diammonium phosphates manufacturing, Ammonium phosphates manufacturing, Phosphatic fertilizer materials manufacturing, Fertilizers, mixed, made in plants producing phosphatic fertilizer materials, Superphosphates manufacturing, Phosphoric acid manufacturing, Plant foods, Defluorinated phosphates manufacturing, etc.