Primary Aluminum Production Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Primary Aluminum Production
Overview: the U.S. Primary Aluminum Production Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Primary Aluminum Production:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Primary Aluminum Production industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Alumina Refining And Primary Aluminum Production
Aluminum Oxide, Excluding Natural Alumina
Aluminum Ingot, Including Billet, Made In Primary Aluminum Reduction Plants
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Primary Aluminum Production Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Primary Aluminum Production companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Primary Aluminum Production company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Primary Aluminum Production industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Primary Aluminum Production measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||1%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||6%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||11%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||9%|
|Supervisors of Production Workers||6%|
|First-Line Supervisors of Production and Operating Workers||6%|
|First-Line Supervisors of Production and Operating Workers||6%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||34%|
|Forming Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||8%|
|Extruding and Drawing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||6%|
|Machine Tool Cutting Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||7%|
|Cutting, Punching, and Press Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||5%|
|Metal Furnace Operators, Tenders, Pourers, and Casters||8%|
|Metal-Refining Furnace Operators and Tenders||7%|
|Other Production Occupations||12%|
|Miscellaneous Production Workers||7%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||14%|
|Material Moving Workers||13%|
|Laborers and Material Movers, Hand||7%|
Primary Aluminum Production Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Noble Group races to secure revamp before coupon due - Remaining debt would be repaid from two separate sources: assets such as Jamaican alumina refinery Jamalco, which would be sold over time or run for cash, and Noble’s rump trading business focused on coal and metals markets in Asia. Noble closed the sale ... (01/13/2018)
- Century Aluminum and USW Call Upon President Trump to Take Action on Aluminum Section 232 Investigation - Century Aluminum and the United Steelworkers Union encourage the ... rubber, chemicals, paper, oil refining and the service and public sectors. For more information: www.usw.org (01/10/2018)
- Roofing company completes Middle East work - with the Fusion Hive business forming part of a team of consultants working on the first alumina refinery in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Aman Chahal, director and co-founder of Tapered Plus, said: "The Al Taweelah project is a big milestone for Tapered ... (01/05/2018)
- First Cargo of Alumina Ships From Jamaica Bauxite Refinery Under Chinese Ownership - KINGSTON, Jamaica, Thursday January 4, 2018 – The first cargo of alumina produced by the Alpart refinery under its new Chinese owners has been shipped from the island. The shipment, which totalled 35,000 tonnes, is destined for China. It is the first ... (01/04/2018)
- U.S. Alumina And Primary Aluminum Market 2018 with Analysis and Forecasts to 2025 - Research and Markets - Alumina refining and primary aluminum production, nsk, total Data Coverage: Reasons to Buy this Report: Companies Mentioned For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/w9k5ct/u_s_alumina_and?w=4 (01/04/2018)
- Bright prospects seen as first shipment of alumina leaves Port Kaiser - Planned projects scheduled to begin in 2018 include upgrade of the current alumina refinery from a 1.65-million tonne capacity to two million tonnes, as well as construction of an additional three-million tonne plant which will bring total alumina ... (01/04/2018)
- NALCO lines up 3 projects, invests Rs 25,000 crore - Union Minister for Mines Narendra Singh Tomar and Union Petroleum Minister Dharmendra Pradhan would inaugurate the South Block Bauxite mines, Panchpatmalli, 18.5 MW power unit at alumina refinery, Damanjodi and "first of its kind" Nanotechnology-based ... (01/03/2018)
- JISCO’s Alpart refinery restart shipping alumina after 8 years - Aluminium Insider reported that Jiuquan Iron and Steel Company Limited shipped the first load of alumina from its newly opened operations at Jamaica’s Alpart facility. According to domestic media the first load from the facility was loaded upon the ... (01/03/2018)
- Alpart Ships First Cargo of Alumina - The first cargo of alumina produced by the Alpart refinery in St. Elizabeth under its new Chinese owners was shipped from Port Kaiser at Alligator Pond on Friday (December 29). Minister of Transport and Mining, Hon. Mike Henry, who was on hand for the ... (01/02/2018)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $864,479 on Primary Aluminum Production. It has awarded 68 contracts to 26 companies, with an average value of $33,249 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Primary aluminum production and manufacturing aluminum alloys, Ingot, primary aluminum, manufacturing, Aluminum alloys made from bauxite or alumina producing primary aluminum and manufacturing, Aluminum oxide refining, Aluminum ingot and other primary aluminum production shapes made from bauxite or alumina, Refining aluminum, primary, Primary smelting of aluminum, Extrusion ingot, Slab, Alumina refining, Primary aluminum production and manufacturing aluminum shapes (e.g., bar, ingot, rod, sheet), Aluminum shapes (e.g., sheet) made by producing primary aluminum and manufacturing, Aluminum producing from alumina, Primary refining of aluminum, etc.