|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Pump & Pumping Equipment Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Pump & Pumping Equipment Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Pump & Pumping Equipment Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Pump & Pumping Equipment Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Pump And Pumping Equipment Manufacturing
Domestic Sump Pumps (1 Hp Or Less), Including Value Of Drivers
Industrial Pumps, Including Value Of Drivers (Excluding Hydraulic Fluid Power Pumps, Automotive Circulating Pumps, And Measuring
Parts And Attachments For Pumps And Pumping Equipment, Excluding Hydraulic Fluid Power, And Air And Gas Compressors (Including L
Pump And Pumping Equipment Manufacturing, Not Categorized, Total
Air And Gas Compressor Manufacturing
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Pump & Pumping Equipment Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Pump & Pumping Equipment Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Pump & Pumping Equipment Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||10%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||12%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||5%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||18%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||13%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||23%|
|Welding, Soldering, and Brazing Workers||7%|
|Welders, Cutters, Solderers, and Brazers||6%|
|Other Production Occupations||5%|
Pump & Pumping Equipment Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Geotech Environmental Equipment||4|
|Solar Power & Pump|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Growing industrialization is likely to drive the growth of slurry pump market in future just published - Slurry pumps are designed to handle high concentration slurry ... detailed overview of the global slurry pump market that will help industry consultants, equipment manufacturers, existing players searching for expansion opportunities, new players searching ... (01/10/2018)
- Turkish investors to pump $6m investments into Turkish industrial zone in Egypt - (MENAFN - Daily News Egypt) A number of Turkish machine manufacturers have welcomed the opening of factories in Egypt, and pumping investments in the ... and a member of the Machinery and Equipment Division at Egyptian Federation of the Chambers of ... (01/10/2018)
- The Top 10 World Pumps business news stories of 2017 - Colfax to acquire Siemens Turbomachinery Equipment GmbH ... provides manufacturing and test lab capabilities and a technically advanced centre for the assembly of the entire Ruhrpumpen product range. 10. Sulzer pumps selected for two major water supply ... (01/09/2018)
- Global Hygienic Pumps Market by Manufacturers, Types, Regions and Application Research Report Forecast to 2022 - Development policies and plans are discussed as well as manufacturing processes and Bill ... report-2017 Companies like Wenzhou Zion Fluid Equipment, Blagdon Pump, Das Engineering Works, Minimax Pumps India and more are profiled in the terms of product ... (01/06/2018)
- QYResearch Medical – Medical Ambulatory Pumps Market 2017 Industry Size, Growth, Insights and Manufacturers Forecast To 2022 - Upstream raw materials, equipment and downstream consumers analysis is also ... Pumps 3.1 Capacity and Commercial Production Date of Global Medical Ambulatory Pumps Major Manufacturers in 2016 3.2 Manufacturing Plants Distribution of Global Medical ... (01/04/2018)
- Blackmer buys Chesterton pumps - and pumps transfer pumps. Although its pump division has been a fast-growing operation, Chesterton would have had to make significant investments in infrastructure, capital equipment, research and development and globalization to prosper on a worldwide basis. (01/02/2018)
- Parker Aerospace Awarded Contract To Provide Emirates’ 777X Hydraulic Pumps - Hydraulic Engine-Driven Pump And AC Motor Pump From Parker Aerospace Chosen As Supplier-Furnished Equipment For ... Parker Aerospace pumps offer a weight advantage, based on a design that utilizes material and manufacturing methods to reduce pump weight. (12/31/2017)
- Global vacuum pumps market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 5.4% during 2017-2022 - ... adoption of vacuum pumps as a low-cost equipment solution in global semiconductor industry is expected to propel demand for vacuum pumps in the coming years. Presence of a strong semiconductor manufacturing base in Asia-Pacific is also anticipated to ... (12/28/2017)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $75,861,691 on Pump & Pumping Equipment Manufacturing. It has awarded 2,469 contracts to 630 companies, with an average value of $120,415 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Pumps (except fluid power), general purpose, manufacturing, Centrifugal pumps manufacturing, Pumps, oil field or well, industrial and commercial-type, Sump pumps, residential-type, sump or water, Pumps for railroad equipment lubrication systems manufacturing, Oil-well and oil-field pumps manufacturing, etc.