Instant Download - Available immediately
Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Rolling Mill Machinery & Equipment Manufacturing
Overview of the U.S. Rolling Mill Machinery & Equipment Manufacturing IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Rolling Mill Machinery & Equipment Manufacturing: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Rolling Mill Machinery & Equipment Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Rolling Mill And Other Metalworking Machinery Manufacturing
Assembly Machines, Including Parts And Attachments For Metalworking Assembly Machines (Sold Separately)
Other Rolling Mill Machinery (Including Tube Mill Machinery) And Parts For All Rolling Mill Machinery
Other Metalworking Machinery And Parts And Attachments For Other Metalworking Machinery (Excluding Handheld And Ultrasonic) (Sol
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
Miscellaneous Receipts, Including Receipts For Repair Work, Sales Of Scrap And Refuse.
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Rolling Mill Machinery & Equipment Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Rolling Mill Machinery & Equipment Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Rolling Mill Machinery & Equipment Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Rolling Mill Machinery & Equipment Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Rolling Mill Machinery & Equipment Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||3%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||9%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||10%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||6%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||46%|
|Computer Control Programmers and Operators||6%|
|Machine Tool Cutting Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||7%|
|Tool and Die Makers||9%|
|Tool and Die Makers||9%|
|Other Production Occupations||5%|
Rolling Mill Machinery & Equipment Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Samsung appliances rock metallic look thanks to INEOS Styrolution - In other Samsung news, Samsung North America President and CEO Tim Baxter announced start-up of the company’s $380 million washing machine plant in Newberry, SC, with the first machines rolling ... and other manufacturing equipment for the washing ... (01/10/2018)
- Editorials from around Oregon - "Backlogs increase the risk that permit holders could be operating equipment and emitting ... Here's a partial list — cement manufacturing, frozen fruit, juice and vegetable manufacturing, iron and steel mills, some plastics manufacturing, glass ... (01/10/2018)
- German firms boost manufacturing comeback in Houston - U.S. consumers and businesses purchased $115 billion worth of machine tools, construction equipment ... their manufacturing," Jehlitschka said. "That is accelerating manufacturing growth in Houston and the U.S." RELATED: BMWs now rolling through Galveston ... (01/09/2018)
- Ternium Further Develops Its Industrial System with Plans to Build New Facilities in Mexico and Colombia - The company plans to install a new hot rolling mill at its Pesquería industrial center in Mexico, and to build a new steel reinforcing bar manufacturing facility ... “This new equipment, once operational, will integrate upstream with Ternium’s high ... (09/28/2017)
- General Mills cereal plant equipment up for auction - office desk or weight-training machine? Those are just a few of the 7,000 or so items to be sold at public auction this week and next from the former General Mills plant in Lodi. RMM Enterprises, owner of Bond Manufacturing Inc., an outdoor equipment maker ... (06/20/2016)
- Uganda: Steel Rolling Mills Assets to Be Sold Over Shs50 Billion Loan - The steel manufacturing ... the bank offered Steel Rolling Mills two amalgamated loan facilities amounting to about Shs18 billion and $10 million respectively. The loans in question were to finance the purchase of machinery and equipment for the Sponge ... (04/21/2016)
- Research and Markets: Other Metalworking Machinery Manufacturing Industry in the U.S. and its International Trade [2012 Q3 Edition] - DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/cvs7cm/other) has announced the addition of Supplier Relations US, LLC's new report "Other Metalworking Machinery Manufacturing ... rolling mill machinery and equipment). (09/25/2012)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $11,725,352 on Rolling Mill Machinery & Equipment Manufacturing. It has awarded 73 contracts to 47 companies, with an average value of $249,476 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Scarfing units, rolling mill machinery, metalworking, manufacturing, Structural rolling mill machinery, Cold rolling mill machinery, Assembly machines manufacturing, Pipe and tube rolling mill machinery, Rolling mill machinery and equipment, Bar mill machinery, Picklers and pickling machinery, Screwdowns and boxes machinery, metal, Propeller straightening presses manufacturing, Hot-rolling mill machinery, Cradle assembly machinery (i.e., wire making equipment) manufacturing, Wiredrawing and fabricating machinery and equipment (except dies) manufacturing, Galvanizing machinery manufacturing, Blooming and slabbing mill machinery, Marking machines, Hot strip mill machinery, Billet mill machinery, Rod rolling mill machinery, Coil winding and cutting machinery, Plate rolling mill machinery, Screwdriving machines manufacturing, Rolling mill roll machines, Tube rolling mill machinery, Draw bench machines manufacturing, etc.