Instant Download - Available immediately
Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Saw Blade & Handtool Manufacturing
Overview of the U.S. Saw Blade & Handtool Manufacturing IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Saw Blade & Handtool Manufacturing: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Saw Blade & Handtool Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Saw Blade And Handtool Manufacturing
Mechanics' Hand Service Tools
Edge Tools, Hand-Operated
Dies And Interchangeable Cutting Tools, For Machines And Power-Driven Handtools
All Other Miscellaneous Handtools
Precision Measuring Tools (Inspection, Quality Control, Tool Room, And Machinists')
Other Secondary Products
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Saw Blade & Handtool Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Saw Blade & Handtool Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Saw Blade & Handtool Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Saw Blade & Handtool Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Saw Blade & Handtool Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||13%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||11%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||11%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||36%|
|Machine Tool Cutting Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||12%|
|Grinding, Lapping, Polishing, and Buffing Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||6%|
|Other Production Occupations||7%|
Saw Blade & Handtool Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Irwin Industrial Tool||85|
|Irwin Industrial Tool|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Must-Have Tool for Winter: Fish’s Folding Ice Saw - A few months later, I began working with a local manufacturing company. We had to decide on what saw blade material to use. We used an AR (abrasion resistant) steel material until a couple of years ago when the steel mills cheapened up the quality of the ... (01/03/2018)
- Diamond Circular Saw Blades 2017 Global Market Growth, Opportunities , Industry Applications, Analysis and Forecast To 2022 - ... Circular Saw Blades 1.1.1 Definition of Diamond Circular Saw Blades 1.1.2 Specifications of Diamond Circular Saw Blades 2.3 Manufacturing Process Analysis of Diamond Circular Saw Blades 2.4 Industry Chain Structure of Diamond Circular Saw Blades (12/12/2017)
- European Union Circular Saw Blades Market Outlook 2017-2022 - Research and Markets - INTRODUCTION 1.1. Circular Saw Blades: properties and uses 1.2. Manufacturing process 2. EUROPEAN UNION MARKET FOR CIRCULAR SAW BLADES (2012-2016) 2.1. Market for Circular saw blades with steel working parts in the EU countries (2012-2016) (11/13/2017)
- U.S. Saw Blade And Handtool Market 2017 - Analysis And Forecast to 2025 - Research and Markets - Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "U.S. Saw Blade And Handtool Market - Analysis And Forecast to 2025" report to their offering. The report provides an in-depth analysis of the U.S. saw blade and handtool market. It presents the latest ... (02/14/2017)
- East Longmeadow-based Lenox American Saw sold to Stanley Black & Decker as part of $1.95 billion package - That's out of the 900 people who manufacture and market Lenox saw blades and tools in more than 70 countries. The East Longmeadow factory has 500,000 square feet for designing, testing and manufacturing ... company's position in hand tool and power tool ... (10/12/2016)
- Research and Markets: 2012 Report on the $11 Billion US Handtool, Cutlery & Flatware Manufacturing Industry - DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/j37nrl/handtool_cutlery) has announced the addition of the "Handtool, Cutlery & Flatware Manufacturing ... cutlery, saw blades, and kitchen utensils. (05/08/2012)
- Band Saw Blade cuts tubes and profiles. - Bahco is a world leader in bandsaw blade manufacturing, and was the first tool maker in the world to institute a truly scientific approach to hand tool development. For more information on Bahco and its products, please visit bahco.com/us. (10/10/2006)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $43,704,751 on Saw Blade & Handtool Manufacturing. It has awarded 1,214 contracts to 317 companies, with an average value of $137,870 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Shovels, handheld, manufacturing, Stone cutting saw blades manufacturing, Agricultural handtools (e.g., hay forks, hoes, rakes, spades), nonpowered, Blades, saw, all types, Hoes, garden and mason's handtools, Cutting dies (except metal cutting) manufacturing, Drills, hand held, nonelectric, Post hole diggers, Planes, Screwjacks manufacturing, Machine knives (except metal cutting) manufacturing, Awls manufacturing, Grass mowing equipment, nonpowered lawn and garden, Chisels manufacturing, Pliers, handtools, Pry (i.e., crow) bars manufacturing, Guns, caulking, Leaf skimmers and rakes, nonpowered swimming pool, Lawn edgers, Coordinate and contour measuring machines, machinists' precision tools, Blow torches manufacturing, Engraver's handtools, Counterbores and countersinking bits, woodworking, Files, Gauges, machinists' precision tools (except optical), Rakes, nonpowered handtool, Dies, cutting (except metal cutting), Edge tools, woodworking (e.g., augers, bits, countersinks), Handtool metal blades (e.g., putty knives, scrapers, screw drivers) manufacturing, Gauge blocks, Hooks, handtools (e.g., baling, bush, grass, husking), Wood cutting saw blades manufacturing, Soldering iron tips and tiplets manufacturing, Bearing pullers, Gear pullers, Caulking guns, Saw blades, Lawnmowers, Mallets (e.g., rubber, wood) manufacturing, Handheld edge tools (except scissors-type), Handtools, machinists' precision, Vises (except machine tool attachments) manufacturing, Yardsticks, metal, Jacks (except hydraulic, pneumatic) manufacturing, Hair clippers for animal use, Squares, carpenters', Tape measures, Fish wire (i.e., electrical wiring tool) manufacturing, Dial indicators, Machetes manufacturing, Plumbers' handtools, Hammers, Tools, nonpowered (except kitchen-type), Axes manufacturing, Cutters, glass, Miter boxes manufacturing, Mauls, Metal cutting saw blades manufacturing, Chain saw blades manufacturing, Carpenter's handtools, Sockets and socket sets manufacturing, Scythes manufacturing, Soldering guns and irons, handheld (including electric), Trimmers, hedge, Hedge shears and trimmers, Augers, Micrometers, machinist's precision tools, Trowels manufacturing, Punches (except paper), Drill bits, Spades and shovels, Measuring tools, machinist's (except optical), Mattocks (i.e., handtools) manufacturing, Tinners' snips manufacturing, Dividers, Pruners manufacturing, Hatchets manufacturing, Mechanic's handtools, Rasps, Picks (i.e., Drawknives manufacturing, Forks, garden, hay, manure), Shears, tool-type (e.g., pruners, tinsnip), Sickles manufacturing, Saws, hand, Precision tools, Sledgehammers manufacturing, Levels, carpenter's, Gouges, Ratchets, Knives and bits for woodworking lathes, planers, and shapers manufacturing, woodworking edge (e.g., Putty knives manufacturing, Scoops, metal (except kitchen-type), Can openers (except electric) manufacturing, Wrenches, Wheel pullers, Calipers and dividers, steel rule (except metal cutting), metal blade (e.g., screwdrivers), Stonecutters' handtools, C-clamps manufacturing, Machinists' precision measuring tools (except optical) manufacturing, Clippers for animal use, Cutting dies (e.g., paper, leather, textile) manufacturing, Screw drivers, Mason's handtools manufacturing, Rulers, motor vehicle mechanics', Bits, edge tool, Jeweler's handtools, etc.