|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Security Systems Services
Overview of the U.S. Security Systems Services IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Security Systems Services: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Security Systems Services industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Number of Companies||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Security Guard And Patrol Services
Security Guard And Patrol Services For Buildings And Grounds
Building Security System Services (With Monitoring)
Residential Security System Services (With Monitoring)
Non-Residential Security System Services (With Monitoring)
Building Security System And Lock Installation, Including Repair Services (Without Monitoring)
Building Security System And Lock Installation, Including Repair Services (Without Monitoring) - Residential
Building Security System And Lock Installation, Including Repair Services (Without Monitoring) - Non-Residential
Key Duplication Services
Resale Of Merchandise
Resale Of Merchandise, Over-The-Counter Or Separate From Services Provided
All Other Receipts
All Other Operating Receipts
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Security Systems Services company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Security Systems Services industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Security Systems Services measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||3%|
|Sales and Related Occupations||13%|
|Sales Representatives, Services||7%|
|Miscellaneous Sales Representatives, Services||7%|
|Sales Representatives, Services, All Other||7%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||27%|
|Information and Record Clerks||7%|
|Customer Service Representatives||6%|
|Customer Service Representatives||6%|
|Material Recording, Scheduling, Dispatching, and Distributing Workers||6%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||44%|
|Electrical and Electronic Equipment Mechanics, Installers, and Repairers||30%|
|Miscellaneous Electrical and Electronic Equipment Mechanics, Installers, and Repairers||30%|
|Security and Fire Alarm Systems Installers||29%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||11%|
|Miscellaneous Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Workers||10%|
|Locksmiths and Safe Repairers||10%|
Security Systems Services Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Bosch Security Systems||112|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Meltdown, Spectre, and Cisco Cloud Collaboration Security - I wanted to provide a few quick answers to questions that we’re being asked about the implications of Meltdown and Spectre on the security of Cisco’s cloud ... As updates for server operating systems are released, we will be patching our servers ... (01/08/2018)
- Tift Regional Health System Technology Services/IT Infrastructure department awarded for superior cyber, IT security - TIFTON — The Technology Services/IT department at Tift Regional Health System (TRHS) was recently awarded by CSO - the premier security media brand providing insight into business risk leadership – as one of 50 winners of the 2018 CSO50 Awards. (11/02/2017)
- NTT Security (UK) Ltd: NTT Security Launches Security Services for Industrial Control Systems - Cyber-defense for critical infrastructure including factories, plants, utilities & hospitals TOKYO, 2017-09-20 10:00 CEST (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- NTT Security Corporation (Head Office: Chiyoda-Ku, Tokyo; CEO: Jun Sawada), the specialized security company of ... (09/20/2017)
- Affordable Security Systems - How do I get my business listed? Our directory features more than 18 million business listings from across the entire US. However, if we're missing your business, just click the button below to request that it be added. (05/24/2017)
- Wilson Legal Solutions Introduces Systems and Information Security Services - NEWTOWN SQUARE, Pa., March 1, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Wilson Legal Solutions, a leading provider of consulting services and analytics software for law firms and professional services organizations, today announced its systems and information security services ... (03/01/2017)
- Cable firms branch out into home-security services - A system that would have cost thousands of dollars to ... ADT, which offers many of the same security and monitoring services as the cable companies, is not worried about new competition from cable. "We focus on customer experience; the cable industry ... (12/06/2011)
- Research and Markets: Security System Services: Industry in the US Includes About 5,000 Companies with Combined Annual Revenue of About $13 Billion - Executive Summary Brief Excerpt from Industry Overview Chapter: The security systems services industry in the US includes about 5,000 companies with combined annual revenue of about $13 billion. Major companies include ADT Security Services, Monitronics ... (11/05/2010)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $642,253,253 on Security Systems Services. It has awarded 8,109 contracts to 1,215 companies, with an average value of $528,604 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|