|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Spring Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Spring Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Spring Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Spring Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Precision Mechanical Wire Springs
Other Wire Springs
Spring Manufacturing, Not Categorized, Total
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Spring Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Spring Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Spring Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Spring Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Spring Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||3%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||13%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||11%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||9%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||37%|
|Forming Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||6%|
|Machine Tool Cutting Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||12%|
|Cutting, Punching, and Press Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||8%|
|Welding, Soldering, and Brazing Workers||6%|
|Other Production Occupations||8%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||5%|
Spring Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Spring semester kicks off at NCC - During the spring, the college’s infrastructure will continue to grow. Construction continues to move forward on the new buildings for Advanced Manufacturing and Cosmetology. These facilities are scheduled to open this summer, Deal said. (01/12/2018)
- What lies behind the recovery in British manufacturing - An analysis of UK manufacturing by sub-sector shows that growth is concentrated ... supplies small quantities of exotic alloy wire that go into springs for valves, among other uses. Mark Venables, managing director, says returning demand from the oil ... (01/12/2018)
- Timber Automation plant set to expand in Hot Springs - HOT SPRINGS, Ark. (AP) - A company that makes equipment and ... boring mill that will increase the plant's capacity and allow it to create more high-skilled manufacturing jobs. The company was founded more than 25 years ago as Hi-Tech Engineering. (01/11/2018)
- Timber-related manufacturer plans expansion at Hot Springs - The Hot Springs Sentinel-Record reported that capital improvements include a new boring mill that will increase the plant’s capacity and allow it to create more high-skilled manufacturing jobs. The company was founded more than 25 years ago as Hi-Tech ... (01/11/2018)
- Automotive Oil Tempered Spring Steel Wires Market Major Manufacturers, Trends, Demand, Share Analysis to 2025 - 2.4 Manufacturers Automotive Oil Tempered Spring Steel Wires Manufacturing Base Distribution, Sales Area and Product Type 2.5 Automotive Oil Tempered Spring Steel Wires Market Competitive Situation and Trends 2.5.1 Automotive Oil Tempered Spring Steel ... (01/11/2018)
- Berks County's largest employer East Penn Manufacturing names new CEO - East Penn Manufacturing Co. said Monday that Chris Pruitt has been ... The company also leases space in a 650,000-square-foot warehouse at Spring Creek Properties in Lower Macungie Township that it uses as a distribution facility. (01/10/2018)
- Automotive Oil Tempered Spring Steel Wires Market Global Industry Analysis 2018 – 2025 - 2.4 Manufacturers Automotive Oil Tempered Spring Steel Wires Manufacturing Base Distribution, Sales Area and Product Type 2.5 Automotive Oil Tempered Spring Steel Wires Market Competitive Situation and Trends 2.5.1 Automotive Oil Tempered Spring Steel ... (01/10/2018)
- Toyota taps Suggs as next president for Blue Springs plant. - Sean Suggs was recently new president at Toyota’s Blue Springs facility. Suggs, who has been vice president of manufacturing, will be dual capped as president and vice president of administration at the assembly plant that builds the Corolla and employs ... (01/05/2018)
- Nestle Waters considering Centre County for $50 million manufacturing facility - The next significant project in Centre County might be on the horizon if the quality of the Spring Creek Watershed checks out. Nestle will make a decision about a potential $50 million manufacturing facility after it also considers environmental ... (01/03/2018)
- Global Spring Bottled Water Market Forecast to 2021 and Key Companies are studied in a Latest Report Offered by The Market Reports - Global Spring Bottled Water Industry 2017 Market Research Report provides the details about Industry Overview, Manufacturing Cost Structure, Capacity, Growth Rate, Gross Margin, Major Manufacturers, Development Trends and Forecast Analysis. Global Spring ... (12/30/2017)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $2,409,054 on Spring Manufacturing. It has awarded 365 contracts to 148 companies, with an average value of $16,277 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Coiled springs (except clock, watch), light gauge, made from purchased wire or strip, manufacturing, Flat springs (except clock, Springs, light gauge (except clock, precision (except clock, Leaf springs, heavy gauge metal, Mattress springs and spring units, Hairsprings (except clock, Upholstery springs and spring units, Helical springs, Torsion bar, Coiled springs, Sash balance springs, Springs and spring units for seats, Furniture springs, unassembled, Gun springs, Flat springs, hot wound heavy gauge metal, Instrument springs, Disk and ring springs, Automobile suspension springs, etc.