Textile Bag & Canvas Mills Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Textile Bag & Canvas Mills
Overview: the U.S. Textile Bag & Canvas Mills Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Textile Bag & Canvas Mills:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Textile Bag & Canvas Mills Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Textile Bag & Canvas Mills companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Textile Bag & Canvas Mills company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Textile Bag & Canvas Mills industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Textile Bag & Canvas Mills measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||3%|
|Sales and Related Occupations||5%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||12%|
|Textile, Apparel, and Furnishings Workers||44%|
|Sewing Machine Operators||31%|
|Sewing Machine Operators||31%|
|Textile Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||6%|
|Other Production Occupations||8%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||5%|
Textile Bag & Canvas Mills Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- What would Emily Brontë think? - They lived in Haworth, Yorkshire, and though ‘Wuthering Heights’ is infamous for its setting in the rural wilderness of the moors, their house actually sits at the edge of a manufacturing village which was full of operational textile mills in the 19th ... (01/11/2018)
- In Florence, the David Gets Dressed and Gucci Gets a Garden - The occasion was a video installation created by Felice Limosani, an artist and former D.J., and sponsored by a prominent local milling family to celebrate the somewhat shaky proposition that fabric is ... postcards, canvas bags, maps, custom-printed ... (01/10/2018)
- The 25 best laptop bags for everyone, from students to globetrotters - The fabric is durable ... The company’s apt-titled Messenger Bag includes plenty of internal pockets, an external pocket for your smartphone, and a stylish combination of bridle leather and waxed canvas for added protection. Designed specifically ... (01/09/2018)
- Ricoh unveils new DTG printer at CES expo - Businesses, municipalities and other organisations have long recognised the impact of branded t-shirts, canvas bags, pillows and other fabrics ... intuitive heating system that removes wrinkles from fabric, creating a smooth surface for printing, and ... (01/09/2018)
- Ricoh unveils newest Direct-to-Garment printer to help businesses thrive in today's digital, on-demand world - Businesses, municipalities and other organizations have long recognized the impact of branded t-shirts, canvas bags, pillows and other fabrics ... intuitive heating system that removes wrinkles from fabric, creating a smooth surface for printing, and ... (01/08/2018)
- 19 surprising items you can throw in the washing machine - Reusable canvas ... or fabric softener. Allow it to air dry before using again. Legos, action figures, dog toys and other plastic items get grimy over time, but cleaning them is child’s play, according to HGTV. Place them all in mesh laundry bags and ... (12/29/2017)
- Weaving a way into people’s hearts - A lining of light-weight canvas was added to the piece as protection ... feel a sense of entitlement toward anything to do with fabric as many among them had worked in the now-defunct textile mills of Tsuen Wan. “We reworked our weaving pattern. (12/28/2017)
- This weekend bag makes traveling with a suit so much easier - If you like the style of the bag, but $585 is above your budget, Hook & Albert also sells waxed canvas or melange fabric versions of the bag for less that might be perfect for you and your travel needs. Buy Hook & Albert's Leather Garment Weekender Bag ... (04/13/2017)
- How To: Create Unique Fabric Prints with Veggies - By printing on fabric, tea towels, or even a canvas tote bag, you can express your creativity or make a handmade gift. Read on for a step-by-step guide for this fabulous DIY project: 1.) Prepare your work surface. Lay out a blanket on a table top ... (06/12/2014)
- The Cutting Edge / COMPUTING / TECHNOLOGY / INNOVATION : A New Idea in Trashy Clothes : Textile Mills Are Recycling Garbage Into Quality Fabrics - Outdoor gear maker JanSport has created a family of canvas-style backpacks and tote bags made from the recycled polyester fibers. Wellman, one of a handful of companies that make most of the recycled fibers used by American textile mills, estimates that it ... (04/26/1995)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $36,351,050 on Textile Bag & Canvas Mills. It has awarded 631 contracts to 205 companies, with an average value of $177,322 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Sails made from purchased fabrics, Canvas products made from purchased canvas or canvas substitutes, Bags, textile, made from purchased woven or knitted materials, Feed bags made from purchased woven or knitted materials, Flour bags made from purchased woven or knitted materials, Seed bags made from purchased woven or knitted materials, rubberized fabric, manufacturing, Tarpaulins made from purchased fabrics, Textile bags made from purchased woven or knitted materials, Knapsacks, Tents made from purchased fabrics, Knapsacks (e.g., backpacks, book bags) manufacturing, Covers (e.g., boat, swimming pool, truck) made from purchased fabrics, Awnings and canopies, outdoor, made from purchased fabrics, Garment storage bags manufacturing, Laundry bags made from purchased woven or knitted materials, Blanket bags manufacturing, Canvas bags manufacturing, Shipping bags made from purchased woven or knitted materials, plastics, made from purchased woven plastics, etc.