Wood Window & Door Manufacturing Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Wood Window & Door Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Wood Window & Door Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Wood Window & Door Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Wood Window & Door Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Wood Window And Door Manufacturing
Wood Window Units
Wood Window And Door Frames, Including Door Frames Shipped In Door Units, Excluding Window Frames Shipped In Window Units
Wood Panel, Flush, And Molded Face Doors, Interior And Exterior, Including Doors With Glazed Sections
Other Wood Doors, Including Garage, Patio, Bifold, Cabinet, Screen, Storm, And Louver
Wood Window And Door Manufacturing, Not Categorized, Total
Other Millwork (Including Flooring)
Metal Window And Door Manufacturing
Metal Doors (Excluding Storm Doors)
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
Miscellaneous Receipts, Including Receipts For Repair Work, Sales Of Scrap And Refuse.
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Wood Window & Door Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Wood Window & Door Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Wood Window & Door Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Wood Window & Door Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Wood Window & Door Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||8%|
|Construction and Extraction Occupations||7%|
|Construction Trades Workers||7%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||16%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||15%|
|Woodworking Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||20%|
|Sawing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Wood||6%|
|Woodworking Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Except Sawing||14%|
|Other Production Occupations||9%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||14%|
|Material Moving Workers||10%|
|Laborers and Material Movers, Hand||7%|
Wood Window & Door Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Chicago Window Pros Offers Saving Opportunities on Sliding Glass Doors in Arlington Heights and Northbrook - They are also leading supplier of wooden windows and fiberglass house windows. Being in the industry for years, they have earned an excellent reputation for being the reliable supplier of sliding glass doors ... work with the best manufacturers in the ... (01/12/2018)
- Andersen Corporation Named Home Builder Executive 2017 Partner of Choice - Andersen was honored for its performance in the wood and clad-wood windows category ... Andersen Corporation and its subsidiaries manufacture and market window and door products under the Andersen ®, Renewal by Andersen ®, Silver Line ®, American ... (01/12/2018)
- China Wood Optimization Awarded National Science and Technology Progress Award - Customers of the Group mainly include manufacturers of floor planks, furniture, doors and window frames and wholesalers of wooden panels. The Group successfully transferred listing from the GEM to Main Board in September 2016.For details, please refer to ... (01/10/2018)
- Revival Sash Keeps American Manufacturing Local with New Factory - The staff members at Revival have been designing and manufacturing exquisite wood windows and doors for decades, producing hundreds of millions of dollars of the finest product in the market. They hail from all top-tier firms and have exceeded the ... (01/06/2018)
- Trends for doors and windows - With this in mind, various manufacturers have started to produce ... One of the most recent design trends in windows and doors is using found objects and reclaimed wood for entryways and window casings to give a unique, rich look. Choose floor to ceiling ... (01/04/2018)
- Milgard Celebrates 50 Years Manufacturing Quality Patio Doors - Milgard Windows & Doors is celebrating 50 years of manufacturing quality patio doors by offering ... doors in the Western U.S. The patio door line has grown to include vinyl, wood and fiberglass in both sliding and swinging door styles, in addition to ... (01/02/2018)
- The Window and Door Shop Inc. - We manufacture our own custom wood windows and doors in a 10,000 square-foot facility in San Francisco, and we have a second location in Sacramento. In addition to manufacturing custom wood products, we also partner with the top window and door ... (12/31/2017)
- Research and Markets: Wood Window and Door Manufacturing Industry in the U.S. and its International Trade 2013 - LLC's new report "Wood Window and Door Manufacturing Industry in the U.S. and its International Trade [2013 Edition]" to their offering. This latest Wood Window and Door Manufacturing Industry report provides the most updated market research on the industry. (02/15/2013)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $1,703,156 on Wood Window & Door Manufacturing. It has awarded 121 contracts to 36 companies, with an average value of $47,310 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Windows, louver, wood, manufacturing, Frames, door and window, Wood window frames and sash manufacturing, wood and covered wood, Louver windows and doors, made from purchased glass with wood frame, Door frames and sash, Sash, Window units, Door units, prehung, Doors, Storm doors and windows, wood framed, combination screen-storm, Window screens, Window frames and sash, Wood door frames and sash manufacturing, Door jambs, Screens, Garage doors, etc.