Abrasive Products & Sandpaper Manufacturing Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Abrasive Products & Sandpaper Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Abrasive Products & Sandpaper Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Abrasive Products & Sandpaper Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Abrasive Products & Sandpaper Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Abrasive Products & Sandpaper Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Abrasive Products & Sandpaper Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Abrasive Products & Sandpaper Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Abrasive Products & Sandpaper Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||3%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||10%|
|Construction and Extraction Occupations||8%|
|Construction Trades Workers||7%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||5%|
|Other Production Occupations||37%|
|Crushing, Grinding, Polishing, Mixing, and Blending Workers||9%|
|Cutting and Slicing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||8%|
|Miscellaneous Production Workers||9%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||9%|
|Material Moving Workers||6%|
Abrasive Products & Sandpaper Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Larry Hess & Associates|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Does your sanding operation make sense? - CHARLOTTE-- "Sanding ... Wood Products – formerly owned by Vance Publishing - and led its expansion into events and other ventures. He has travelled extensively throughout North America and overseas visiting and reporting on major manufacturing ... (01/05/2018)
- Global $50+ Billion Abrasive Materials, Products, Applications and Markets to 2022 - materials used as abrasives, the abrasive manufacturers' most commonly used grains, their production with values, the manufacturers of products using abrasive materials primarily for machine tools, users of abrasive tools and other applications ... (12/12/2017)
- Global Abrasive Materials, Products, Applications and Markets Report 2017: 2016 Data, 2017 Estimates & Projections to 2022 - materials used as abrasives, the abrasive manufacturers' most commonly used grains, their production with values, the manufacturers of products using abrasive materials primarily for machine tools, users of abrasive tools and other applications ... (12/12/2017)
- Abrasives and Abrasive Machines Market : Industry Analysis, Opportunity Assessment and Forecast upto 2025 Acute Market Reports - Abrasives and Abrasive Machines Market (By Abrasive ... fast and precise processes so as to maintain optimum quality of the end-products. Thus, it becomes essential for the manufacturers to adopt viable solutions for specific operations in order to ... (11/27/2017)
- Innovations by Abrasive Manufacturers Will Significantly Propel the Global Abrasives Market Until 2020, Says Technavio - Request sample report: http://bit.ly/1qlaVp4 “The global coated abrasives market is highly competitive. Therefore, manufacturers are focusing on the development of innovative products to gain a competitive edge in the market and increase profit margins. (04/21/2016)
- Polyhose makes foray into abrasives manufacturing - “This manufacturing ... export strategy for abrasive business like Polyhose India, which exports 75 per cent of its production. It is looking to export its abrasive products to Middle East, Europe and the US. It expects abrasives business to clock ... (02/10/2015)
- Abrasive Film Rolls suit powertrain polishing applications. - ... manufacturer to offer a full complement of abrasives products to customers worldwide. The company’s abrasives business has more than 16,000 employees and approximately 100 manufacturing facilities in 26 countries. In the United States and Canada, ... (08/28/2013)
- Duraline Pres-On Abrasives and Future Abrasives Co. form Global Abrasive Products, Inc. - GA — Duraline Pres-On Abrasives Inc., LLC and Future Abrasives Co. recently merged to form Global Abrasive Products Inc. (GAP), a service-driven abrasive supply and manufacturing company. This merger makes Global Abrasive Products Inc. one of the largest ... (04/28/2004)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $6,110,172 on Abrasive Products & Sandpaper Manufacturing. It has awarded 434 contracts to 88 companies, with an average value of $69,434 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Grinding wheels manufacturing, Buffing and polishing wheels, abrasive and nonabrasive, manufacturing, Sandpaper manufacturing, Pumice and pumicite abrasives manufacturing, Grains, abrasive, natural and artificial, Whetstones manufacturing, Aluminum oxide (fused) abrasives manufacturing, Polishing wheels manufacturing, Abrasive products manufacturing, Grinding balls, ceramic, Cloth (e.g., aluminum oxide, garnet, emery, silicon carbide) coated manufacturing, Paper (e.g., silicon carbide), abrasive coated, made from purchased paper, Diamond dressing wheels manufacturing, Silicon carbide abrasives manufacturing, Steel shot abrasives manufacturing, Wheels, polishing and grinding, etc.