|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Ground or Treated Mineral & Earth Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Ground or Treated Mineral & Earth Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Ground or Treated Mineral & Earth Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Ground or Treated Mineral & Earth Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Ground Or Treated Mineral And Earth Manufacturing
Treated Minerals And Earths
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Ground or Treated Mineral & Earth Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Ground or Treated Mineral & Earth Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Ground or Treated Mineral & Earth Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Ground or Treated Mineral & Earth Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Ground or Treated Mineral & Earth Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||3%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||10%|
|Construction and Extraction Occupations||8%|
|Construction Trades Workers||7%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||5%|
|Other Production Occupations||37%|
|Crushing, Grinding, Polishing, Mixing, and Blending Workers||9%|
|Cutting and Slicing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||8%|
|Miscellaneous Production Workers||9%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||9%|
|Material Moving Workers||6%|
Ground or Treated Mineral & Earth Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Namibia Rare Earths update on metal properties in Namibia - Ground holdings in Namibia will increase ... sufficient work to classify the historical estimate as current mineral resources or mineral reserves and this historical estimate is not being treated as a current mineral resource or mineral reserve. (01/11/2018)
- Caught in a deluge: 'raw water' pioneers blame 'opportuni-vores' for brouhaha - The Times’ piece showed how raw water, once a fringe product with supposed health benefits from minerals and bacteria ... said he didn’t have Silicon Valley dollars to help him off the ground. He bought the spring with his own money, he said, plus ... (01/10/2018)
- Want Faster Data and a Cleaner Planet? Start Mining Asteroids - Launching water from Earth into space consumes a lot of propellant, which makes the whole concept self-defeating. Fortunately, water is abundant in space, where it is much easier to move around. Water can be readily extracted from clay minerals in a common ... (01/08/2018)
- Tech bros are spending $12 a gallon to drink third-world water - A San Diego store, called Liquid Eden, reportedly sells fluoride-free, chlorine-free, "mineral ... in the earth ("natural") such as arsenic can also poison you. This is why we have government regulations about water. It's why we treat ground water in ... (01/05/2018)
- Nipped by Upstarts, Unilever Decides To Imitate -2- - Manufacturing costs have fallen ... Nestlé's new CEO, Mark Schneider, has been snapping up small, local brands -- such as Sweet Earth, a vegan line of frozen food -- to cushion falling sales of its older brands like Lean Cuisine and Stouffer's. (01/03/2018)
- Outfoxed by Small-Batch Upstarts, Unilever Decides to Imitate Them - Manufacturing costs have fallen ... Nestlé’s new CEO, Mark Schneider, has been snapping up small, local brands—such as Sweet Earth, a vegan line of frozen food—to cushion falling sales of its older brands like Lean Cuisine and Stouffer’s. (01/02/2018)
- India's beach sand-mining industry set to prosper under private sector - For example, the image of mining in the public mind involves massive trucks carrying off earth and large depressions in the ground ... minerals rather than use large, diesel-powered kilns. Furthermore, the water used in the separation process is treated ... (07/19/2016)
- Kenya: Rare Earth Deposits in Kwale Estimated At Sh5trillion - Kenya could turn out to be one of the top global suppliers of Rare Earth minerals with positive lab results showing from the Coast region. Cortec Mining released lab results on Friday citing a potential in-ground ... are vital in manufacturing high-tech ... (07/22/2013)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $1,304,648 on Ground or Treated Mineral & Earth Manufacturing. It has awarded 78 contracts to 30 companies, with an average value of $43,488 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Feldspar processing beyond beneficiation, Shale, expanded, manufacturing, Vermiculite, exfoliated, Kaolin, processing beyond beneficiation, Desiccants, activated clay, Perlite, Pumice (except abrasives) processing beyond beneficiation, Perlite aggregates manufacturing, Barium processing beyond beneficiation, Lead, black (i.e., natural graphite), ground, refined, or blended, Blast furnace slag processing, Barite processing beyond beneficiation, Diatomaceous earth processing beyond beneficiation, Talc processing beyond beneficiation, Mica processing beyond beneficiation, Silicon, ultra high purity, Pyrophyllite processing beyond beneficiation, Flint processing beyond beneficiation, Magnesite, crude (e.g., calcined, dead-burned, ground), Graphite, natural (e.g., pulverized, blended), Fuller's earth processing beyond beneficiating, etc.