Instant Download - Available immediately
Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Cut Stone & Stone Product Manufacturing
Overview of the U.S. Cut Stone & Stone Product Manufacturing IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Cut Stone & Stone Product Manufacturing: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Cut Stone & Stone Product Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Cut Stone And Stone Product Manufacturing
Dressed Dimension Granite (Including Gneiss, Syenite, Diorite, And Cut Granite)
Dressed Dimension Limestone (Including Dolomite, Travertine, Calcareous, Tufa, And Cut Limestone)
Dressed Dimension Marble And Other Stone
Cut Stone And Stone Product Manufacturing, Not Categorized, Total
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Cut Stone & Stone Product Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Cut Stone & Stone Product Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Cut Stone & Stone Product Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Cut Stone & Stone Product Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Cut Stone & Stone Product Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||3%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||10%|
|Construction and Extraction Occupations||8%|
|Construction Trades Workers||7%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||5%|
|Other Production Occupations||37%|
|Crushing, Grinding, Polishing, Mixing, and Blending Workers||9%|
|Cutting and Slicing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||8%|
|Miscellaneous Production Workers||9%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||9%|
|Material Moving Workers||6%|
Cut Stone & Stone Product Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Pro Tools Express|
|Adirondack Natural Stone|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Roadmaster Earns Construction Equipment Magazine’s Top 100 New Products of 2017 Award - Construction Equipment magazine has named the Roadmaster RM332 WB, a heavy duty, wide base commercial tire, as one of the Top 100 New Products of 2017 ... a protective curb bar on both sidewalls, stone protector ledges in all four circumferential grooves ... (01/10/2018)
- Brooke Vincent looks pensive ahead of first performance on Dancing on Ice... after revealing she has dropped a stone in just 12 weeks by ditching junk food and cigarettes - The 25-year-old cut a pensive figure as she left the rink in tight-fitting sports gear - having recently revealed she dropped a stone in just 12 weeks ... This picture is no way the finished product. It's just what happens when you cut out all of the ... (01/09/2018)
- Ply Gem Building Products Introduces its Broadest Selections of Multi-Panel, Multi-Slide Patio Doors - "Ply Gem is applying its 75 years of manufacturing and R&D experience ... engineered slate and cedar roofing products; designer accents; cellular PVC trim and mouldings; vinyl fencing and railing; stone veneer and gutterware; all used in both new ... (01/09/2018)
- 16 Products That Save Time and Labor - Pre-Insulated Wall Components Polymer-manufacturing company Covestro’s ... and apply from the bag when laying block, brick, and stone—no extra tools required. The company says the product’s strength “allows for thinner joint application and higher ... (01/05/2018)
- Inside the Gardena lab where Uniqlo jeans get ripped, hand-sanded and stone-washed for that lived-in look - Within the larger framework of jeans design/manufacturing, the fit ... Another component to washing the denim is stone-washing. The JIC uses eco-friendly stones in the washes. This technique gives the new fabric a worn appearance, texture and tonality. (12/27/2017)
- Emma Stone Says Male Costars Have Taken a Salary Cut So She'd Have Equal Pay: 'They Feel It’s What’s Right and Fair' - Stone revealed that some of her male costars have willingly helped bridge the gap. “In my career so far, I’ve needed my male costars to take a pay cut so that ... 22. All products featured were editorially selected. PEOPLE.com may receive a percentage ... (07/07/2017)
- Electra Stone Ltd :. - Vancouver Jade Commences Jade Product Manufacturing - Slabs will be cut using industry standard stone cutting ... in a cost saving of 80% and that the results of the pilot manufacturing will create a competitive product in the dimensional stone sector. Forward information is subject to significant risks ... (01/18/2017)
- Electra Stone (TSXv:ELT) Vancouver Jade Commences Jade Product Manufacturing - Slabs will be cut ... stone market. About Electra Stone Electra Stone Ltd. is building a vertically integrated public Nephrite Jade mining, manufacturing & marketing company. Electra is focused on the development of Architectural and Dimensional jade ... (01/17/2017)
- U.S. Cut Stone and Stone Product Market 2016 - Analysis and Forecast to 2020 - Research and Markets - DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "U.S. Cut Stone and Stone Product Market - Analysis and Forecast to 2020" report to their offering. The report provides an in-depth analysis of the U.S. cut stone and stone ... (04/01/2016)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $66,545,763 on Cut Stone & Stone Product Manufacturing. It has awarded 308 contracts to 53 companies, with an average value of $1,255,580 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Dimension stone dressing and manufacturing, Ecclesiastical statuary, stone, manufacturing, Curbing, granite and stone, Cut stone products (e.g., blocks, statuary) manufacturing, Garden furniture, Dimension stone for buildings manufacturing, Baptismal fonts, cut stone, Burial vaults, Countertops, Architectural sculptures, Cut stone bases (e.g., desk sets pedestals, lamps, plaques and similar small particles) manufacturing, Table tops, marble, Slate products manufacturing, Flagstones cutting, Blackboards, unframed, slate, Monuments and tombstone, cut stone (except finishing or lettering to order only), Furniture, cut stone (i.e., benches, tables, church), Statuary, etc.