|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Asphalt Paving Mixture & Block Manufacturing
Overview of the U.S. Asphalt Paving Mixture & Block Manufacturing IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Asphalt Paving Mixture & Block Manufacturing: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Asphalt Paving Mixture & Block Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Asphalt Paving Mixture And Block Manufacturing
Asphalt Paving Mixtures And Blocks
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Asphalt Paving Mixture & Block Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Asphalt Paving Mixture & Block Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Asphalt Paving Mixture & Block Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Asphalt Paving Mixture & Block Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Asphalt Paving Mixture & Block Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Business and Financial Operations Occupations||5%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||10%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||7%|
|Construction and Extraction Occupations||6%|
|Construction Trades Workers||5%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||8%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||6%|
|Supervisors of Production Workers||7%|
|First-Line Supervisors of Production and Operating Workers||7%|
|First-Line Supervisors of Production and Operating Workers||7%|
|Plant and System Operators||20%|
|Miscellaneous Plant and System Operators||20%|
|Petroleum Pump System Operators, Refinery Operators, and Gaugers||18%|
|Other Production Occupations||12%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||7%|
Asphalt Paving Mixture & Block Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Ergon Asphalt & Emulsions||49|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Lafarge Hosts Major Lower Carbon Fuels Research Project With Academic and NGO Partners - asphalt and paving, cement, precast concrete, ready-mix concrete and road construction. Through LafargeHolcim’s 2030 Plan, Lafarge is committed to providing solutions using sustainable manufacturing practices and improving the environment in and around ... (01/11/2018)
- History Uncovered: 19 Doat Street - Genesee Street, a primary traffic radial in this part of the city, runs northeast to southwest and was once a primary commercial strip on the East Side though it has since declined and is now somewhat sparsely populated with a mix of residences and small ... (12/24/2017)
- Beijing airport runway features novel asphalt solution - Paving and maintaining an airport runway is never easy. The ageing issues of most concern are block cracking and fatigue cracking so Evotherm warm mix asphalt (WMA) technology was selected to help extend the life of the airport’s runway. Chinese ... (12/11/2017)
- North America Asphalt Pavers Road Construction Equipment Markets 2017 - An asphalt paver is a self-propelled machine on wheels or tracks, consisting of a tractor and a floating screed, that is utilized to pave roads with hot mix asphalt ... as profiles of the 13 manufacturers supplying asphalt paving equipment into the ... (08/14/2017)
- Spicewood asphalt plant sparks another lawsuit, resident departure - ... of Texas in road construction and asphalt manufacturing and asphalt paving.” Travis County is set to approve a modification to a contract with Asphalt Inc. on June 7. The latest contract for hot-mix asphalt county road overlays is valued at $3.62 ... (06/07/2016)
- U.S. Asphalt Paving Mixture And Block Market 2016 - Analysis And Forecast to 2020 - Research and Markets - DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "U.S. Asphalt Paving Mixture And Block Market - Analysis And Forecast to 2020" report to their offering. The report provides an in-depth analysis of the U.S. asphalt paving ... (04/04/2016)
- Blacktop turns ‘green’ - The warm mix is a modification to the traditional asphalt manufacturing process that allows workers to use cooler mixture temperatures for paving. Workers add a quart of water for every ton of hot asphalt, creating a foam that reduces the viscosity of the ... (04/09/2010)
- New plant recycles asphalt shingle material - Bend-based Hooker Creek Companies has joined with River Bend Sand and Gravel in Salem to accept asphalt roofing shingles from three manufacturers in Portland ... "It makes the mix stiffer, depending on how much you use. At really cold temperatures or ... (06/14/2009)
- Brick can make a colorful and distinctive driveway - Most people go with concrete or asphalt ... mix. A rich mixture of two parts fine sand to one part cement will insure a strong, long-lasting bond between the base and the bricks. You may also want to think about using interlocking concrete paving bricks. (04/28/2001)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $14,206,294 on Asphalt Paving Mixture & Block Manufacturing. It has awarded 222 contracts to 73 companies, with an average value of $194,607 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Tar and asphalt paving mixtures made from purchased asphaltic materials, Asphalt paving blocks made from purchased asphaltic materials, Blocks, asphalt paving, made from purchased asphaltic materials, Asphalt road compounds made from purchased asphaltic materials, Coal tar paving materials made from purchased coal tar, Asphalt paving mixtures made from purchased asphaltic materials, Paving blocks and mixtures made from purchased asphaltic materials, etc.
Can't find what you're looking for? We have over a thousand market research reports. Ask us and an analyst will help you find what you need.