|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Asphalt Shingle & Coating Materials Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Asphalt Shingle & Coating Materials Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Asphalt Shingle & Coating Materials Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Asphalt Shingle & Coating Materials Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Asphalt Shingle And Coating Materials Manufacturing
Roofing Asphalts And Pitches, Coatings, And Cements
Prepared Asphalt And Tar Roofing And Siding Products, Including Saturated Felts And Boards For Nonbuilding Use
Asphalt Shingle And Coating Materials Manufacturing, Not Categorized, Total
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Asphalt Shingle & Coating Materials Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Asphalt Shingle & Coating Materials Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Asphalt Shingle & Coating Materials Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Asphalt Shingle & Coating Materials Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Asphalt Shingle & Coating Materials Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Business and Financial Operations Occupations||5%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||10%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||7%|
|Construction and Extraction Occupations||6%|
|Construction Trades Workers||5%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||8%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||6%|
|Supervisors of Production Workers||7%|
|First-Line Supervisors of Production and Operating Workers||7%|
|First-Line Supervisors of Production and Operating Workers||7%|
|Plant and System Operators||20%|
|Miscellaneous Plant and System Operators||20%|
|Petroleum Pump System Operators, Refinery Operators, and Gaugers||18%|
|Other Production Occupations||12%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||7%|
Asphalt Shingle & Coating Materials Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Roof Coatings Market Analysis Includes Growth, Trends, Technologies & Opportunities Forecast 2022 - Globally, Roof Coatings is one of the major and necessary application in both residential and non-residential buildings. Almost over 60% of the commercial buildings opt for the Roof Coatings to avoid the leveraging cost of maintenance. The roofing system ... (01/10/2018)
- Tesla Begins Mass Production Of Solar Shingles - Tesla began manufacturing ... to begin installing the shingles in the coming months. “It may actually do well in overseas markets where solar-photovoltaic is cheap and homeowners are used to paying a premium for building materials and cars -- such ... (01/09/2018)
- Tesla's New York Gigafactory Kicks Off Solar Roof Production - Tesla Inc. has kicked off production of its long-awaited electricity-producing shingles that Elon Musk says will transform the rooftop solar industry. Manufacturing of the ... A plain-old asphalt roof with panels would run about $22,000, Bromley said. (01/09/2018)
- How to choose the best roofing materials - Ceramic roofing tiles give a house character and are generally durable. Advances in the manufacturing ... Roof materials There are several roof construction materials on market in Uganda and include plastic polymers, iron sheets, concrete tiles, asphalt ... (12/12/2017)
- U.S. Asphalt Shingle And Coating Materials Market 2017 - Analysis And Forecast to 2025 - Research and Markets - The "U.S. Asphalt Shingle And Coating Materials Market - Analysis And Forecast to 2025" report has been added to Research and Markets' offering. The report provides an in-depth analysis of the U.S. asphalt shingle and coating materials market. It presents ... (09/04/2017)
- Lake Asphalt in deal with Chinese firm - While Hosein said a cost and timeframe would be too early to determine just yet, Li said that once the plant beings manufacturing ... asphalt membranes, compound polymer membranes, sealing materials, solvent rubber asphalt waterproof coatings and water ... (05/31/2013)
- Bottom line on roof coatings - Roof coatings ... for building materials, particularly roofing that's exposed to the elements year-round. Even many shingle manufacturers limit warranties to 20 years -- that's optimistic on some roofs -- when they expect standard asphalt shingles to ... (08/02/2007)
- HOME CLINIC; Blisters, Cracks and Other Problems of Flat Roofs - Most flat and low-sloped roofs are built up with layers of roofing felt and asphalt or coal tar ... and reinstall the cap. Roof coating waterproofs and protects roofing materials, but cannot substitute for patching. Coating comes in five-gallon containers ... (09/12/1993)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $1,378,865 on Asphalt Shingle & Coating Materials Manufacturing. It has awarded 29 contracts to 15 companies, with an average value of $91,924 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Roofing felts made from purchased asphaltic materials, Asphalt roofing coatings made from purchased asphaltic materials, Roofing coatings made from purchased asphaltic materials, Boards, asphalt saturated, made from purchased asphaltic materials, Sheathing, made from refined petroleum, Pitch, roofing, Tar paper, building and roofing, made from purchased paper, Asphalt shingles made from purchased asphaltic materials, Tar roofing cements and coatings made from purchased asphaltic materials, Asphalt saturated mats and felts made from purchased asphaltic materials and paper, Cements, asphalt roofing, Shingles made from purchased asphaltic materials, Tar paper made from purchased asphaltic materials and paper, Asphalt saturated boards made from purchased asphaltic materials, Roofing cements, asphalt, Siding made from purchased asphaltic materials, Coating compounds, tar, Asphalt roofing cements made from purchased asphaltic materials, Saturated felts made from purchased paper, etc.