|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Automobile Body Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Automobile Body Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Automobile Body Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Automobile Body Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Motor Vehicle Body Manufacturing
Other Truck And Vehicle Bodies For Sale Separately (Including Dumptruck Lifting Mechanisms And Kit Cars)
Other Trucks, Complete, Produced On Purchased Chassis
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
Miscellaneous Receipts, Including Receipts For Repair Work, Sales Of Scrap And Refuse.
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Automobile Body Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Automobile Body Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Automobile Body Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Automobile Body Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Automobile Body Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||1%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||7%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||5%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||36%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||34%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||20%|
|Welding, Soldering, and Brazing Workers||14%|
|Welders, Cutters, Solderers, and Brazers||13%|
|Other Production Occupations||8%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||6%|
Automobile Body Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- What lies behind the recovery in British manufacturing - “If you think about some of the things that were weighing on manufacturing, it was what was happening in the rest of the world,” said Lee Hopley, chief economist at the manufacturing trade body EEF ... over the past decade, car production has not ... (01/12/2018)
- Automotive Adhesives and Sealants – Bonding for Betterment of Automobile Industry, to Witness a CAGR of 7.9% during 2017 – 2023 - Key findings of the Global Automotive Adhesive and Sealants Market Automotive Adhesive and Sealants – Penetrating its Application in Motor Vehicles Adhesives and sealants being a crucial element of automotive manufacturing are being used in motor ... (01/11/2018)
- Texas Department of Transportation commissioner billed taxpayers for trips while advocating for auto industry - Because Berkshire Hathaway Automotive’s parent company owns an RV manufacturing company called Forest River ... This was a far more serious problem than the 2015 scrape over body shop ownership, and Berkshire again got an assist from Vandergriff. (01/10/2018)
- Automotive Wiring Harness Market - Global Opportunity Analysis and Industry Forecast, 2014-2022 - There Is A Stiff Competition Among The Car Manufacturers To Design Cars With Various Safety ... The Application Type Segment Is Further Classified Into Body Wiring Harness, Engine Wiring Harness, Chassis Wiring Harness, Hvac Wiring Harness, And Sensors ... (01/10/2018)
- Passenger Car Sensors Global Market Gearing Up To Witness Radical Growth By 2022 - Segmentation By Application : Comprises Powertrain/ Drivetrain, Exhaust, Interior/Comfort, DAS and Body control and others ... Whereas, Europe is encouraging passenger car manufacturers to focus on the emerging parts of the globe where the ... (01/09/2018)
- Tariff cut would give more Australians access to safer cars, new car tech - "Australia’s car manufacturing industry has closed and the tariffs and ... Chief executive of Australia's peak motor industry body, Tony Weber, said the tariff reduction should be seen as an investment in safety and technology. “Currently around ... (01/08/2018)
- Automobile Body Repairing & Painting - ... use specialized materials and manufacturing processes that are difficult to duplicate for many aftermarket manufacturers. Can auto body parts be custom fabricated? Yes, certain auto body shops can custom make parts to meet many customer requests. (01/06/2018)
- Research Analysis on Automotive Body-In-White Components Market 2018-2025 - (EMAILWIRE.COM, January 04, 2018 ) Body-in-white is referred to a stage in the manufacturing and design of automotive vehicles. It is basically the assembly of panels and frames made up of homogenous materials (such as steel, aluminum, and composites). (01/04/2018)
- Global Automotive Refinish Coatings Market 2017-2023: Increasing - KTVN Channel 2 - Reno Tahoe Sparks News, Weather, Video - Automotive coatings is one of the key industries of leading economies that supplies to end-use segments such as original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and refinishing body shops. Cars once sold by OEMs to individual customers may require refinishing ... (01/04/2018)
- Top 5 Vendors in the Global Automotive Body Control Module Market - Technavio - During the forecast period, the auto electronics manufacturers that make automotive ECUs are anticipated ... Delphi BCM uses ASIC and surface mounted devices (SMD) to make the body electronic components to be small and reliable. DENSO supplies advanced ... (01/04/2018)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $215,799,136 on Automobile Body Manufacturing. It has awarded 1,459 contracts to 240 companies, with an average value of $899,163 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Garbage truck bodies manufacturing, Special purpose highway vehicle (e.g., firefighting vehicles) bodies manufacturing, Ambulance bodies manufacturing, Dump-truck lifting mechanisms manufacturing, firefighting vehicles) assembling on purchased chassis, Truck bodies and cabs manufacturing, Tank trucks (e.g., fuel oil, milk, water) assembling on purchased chassis, Garbage trucks assembling on purchased chassis, Fifth wheel assemblies manufacturing, Hearse bodies manufacturing, Truck tractors for highway use, assembling on purchased chassis, School buses assembling on purchased chassis, Automobile wrecker truck bodies manufacturing, Bus bodies manufacturing, Automobile bodies, passenger car, manufacturing, Kit car bodies manufacturing, Ready-mix concrete trucks assembling on purchased chassis, Highway tractors assembling on purchased chassis, Automobile wreckers assembling on purchased chassis, Stretch limousines assembling on purchased chassis, Boxes, truck (e.g., cargo, dump, utility, van), assembled on purchased chassis, Bus bodies assembling on purchased chassis, Hearses assembling on purchased chassis, Heavy trucks assembling on purchased chassis, Tow trucks (including tilt and load) assembling on purchased chassis, Tank bodies for trucks manufacturing, Truck bodies assembling on purchased chassis, Car bodies, kit, Ambulances assembling on purchased chassis, etc.