|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Biomass Power Generation
Overview: the U.S. Biomass Power Generation Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Biomass Power Generation:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Biomass Power Generation industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Number of Companies||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Electricity - Generation
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Biomass Power Generation company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Biomass Power Generation industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Biomass Power Generation measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Business and Financial Operations Occupations||7%|
|Business Operations Specialists||5%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||11%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||16%|
|Information and Record Clerks||5%|
|Customer Service Representatives||5%|
|Customer Service Representatives||5%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||29%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||21%|
|Line Installers and Repairers||15%|
|Electrical Power-Line Installers and Repairers||14%|
|Plant and System Operators||12%|
|Power Plant Operators, Distributors, and Dispatchers||11%|
|Power Plant Operators||8%|
Biomass Power Generation Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Argentina power watch: solar kit and generator tenders, biomass projects - BNamericas develops thousands of news articles, analyses and features every month, always concentrating on how to make or save money in Latin American business. This news article is one of hundreds published daily by Business News Americas about the ... (01/12/2018)
- Brazil solar power generation reaches one GW - biomass and wind power.” Brazil's solar power generation is still below its potential, said Sauaia, adding Brazil needs a nationwide program to accelerate the development of solar power in the country. Brazil traditionally relies on hydroelectric power ... (01/12/2018)
- LePage tells lawmakers he will oppose borrowing aimed at helping biomass industry - Troy Jackson, D-Allagash, would create a $20 million revolving loan fund for capital investments in biomass plants, which burn wood to generate power for the electric ... manufacturing facilities, build co-generation plants that produce electricity and ... (01/11/2018)
- Residential biomass burning, open waste burning responsible for highest PM 2.5 exposure: Study - ... 2.5 is residential biomass burning followed by the open burning of trash and biomass according to the study. Coal combustion emissions from both industries and thermal power plants were responsible for 15.5% deaths attributable to PM 2.5 pollution ... (01/11/2018)
- Brazil's solar power generation reaches one gigawatt - biomass and wind power," Absolar President Rodrigo Sauaia was quoted as saying by Agencia Brasil. Brazil's solar power generation is still below its potential, said Sauaia, adding Brazil needs a nationwide program to accelerate the development of solar ... (01/11/2018)
- Granite Shore Power Completes Acquisition of Select Power Generating Assets of Public Service Company of New Hampshire - Atlas owns co-generation units at several of its industrial operations, as well as Greenidge Generation, a 106 MW power generation facility that Atlas converted from coal to natural gas and biomass in 2016. (01/10/2018)
- UK government details coal power phase-out strategy - The plan would also allow biomass power plants to continue to burn some coal so long ... quality and for industrial strategy by encouraging cleaner forms of electricity generation. “The government should be congratulated on their international leadership ... (01/05/2018)
- The bioliquid heat and power generation market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 6.54%, from 2017 to 2022 - Major European players, such as MBP Group, Olleco, and Neste, are involved in the collection of biomass and conversion to energy. This is expected to drive the bioliquid heat and power generation market during the forecast period. The bioethanol segment is ... (01/05/2018)
- Canada increases biomass capacity, generation - biomass and wind-generated power. According to the NEB’s report, Canada’s electricity generation was 66 percent renewable in 2016, with non-hydro renewables accounting for 7.2 percent and hydro accounting for 58.8 percent. Canadian biomass capacity ... (01/04/2018)
- Independent power producers see rates fizzle - That group includes hydro plants, biomass generators, landfill gas generation plants and a waste-to-energy operation. The rates Consumers pays to independent power producers took a nose dive. "It's half what we're currently getting," said Bill Stockhausen ... (01/03/2018)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $732,000 on Biomass Power Generation. It has awarded 1 contracts to 1 companies, with an average value of $732,000 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Electric power generation, biomass, Power generation, Biomass electric power generation, etc.