Books Printing Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Books Printing
Overview: the U.S. Books Printing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Books Printing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Books Printing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Commercial Printing (Except Screen And Books)
Textbook Printing And Binding
Technical, Scientific, And Professional Book Printing And Binding
Religious Book Printing And Binding
General Book (Trade.) Printing And Binding
Other Book Printing And Binding
Books, Printing Only, Not Bound
Pamphlets, Printing Only Or Printing And Binding (Excluding Advertising Pamphlets)
Books Printing, Not Categorized, Total
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Books Printing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Books Printing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Books Printing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Books Printing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Books Printing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||3%|
|Sales and Related Occupations||6%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||19%|
|Information and Record Clerks||6%|
|Printing Press Operators||22%|
|Print Binding and Finishing Workers||9%|
|Other Production Occupations||10%|
|Miscellaneous Production Workers||6%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||7%|
|Material Moving Workers||6%|
|Laborers and Material Movers, Hand||5%|
Books Printing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Listed printing giants in schoolbook court dispute - It is the flagship programme of the Department of Basic Education and comprises the printing of 60 million books with 8.78 billion pages in 11 official languages for learners in grades R to nine. These books have to be distributed to 24 000 schools in nine ... (01/12/2018)
- 'Fire and Fury' is No. 1 on USA TODAY's list as Trump book sets sales records - the week’s second best-selling book, The Woman in the Window by A.J. Finn, sold .7 copies, according to data reported to USA TODAY’s best-seller list. USA TODAY’s list counts combined digital and print sales. Because of the East Coast blizzard and ... (01/11/2018)
- How surprise bestsellers strengthen Amazon’s book industry monopoly - The New Republic published an article about how Henry Holt, the publisher for Michael Wolff’s explosive White House tell-all Fire and Fury, was caught flat-footed by the surprising amount of interest in the book. Holt ordered an initial print run of only ... (01/11/2018)
- North Korea Says Trump 'Massively Humiliated Worldwide' By Fire And Fury Book - The publisher Henry Holt and Co. moved the book’s release up to Friday after the president threatened legal action against them. The publisher plans to print 1 million copies, up from the initial planned run of 150,000. The book called into question the ... (01/11/2018)
- Other New Trump Books See Demand Bump - but Johnston's book will release with a 30,000-copy first printing and a 5,000-copy second printing. Harper confirmed that 50,000 copies of Frum's book have been printed in total, to date. (01/11/2018)
- Broadsides, blocks, engravings and the marvelous printing press - Johannes Gutenberg made printing images and text far more time efficient with ... The images included with this article are the first woodblock prints I made using a single-screw (or book-binding press) that is built in the style of traditional 18th ... (01/11/2018)
- Book ‘Fire and Fury’ on Trump White House Tops Print Best-Seller List - Michael Wolff’s book “Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House” has gotten off to a sizzling start with consumers. The new book about President Donald Trump and his administration has sold out in many bookstores across the country and is out of ... (01/10/2018)
- 'Fire and Fury' Book on Trump White House Tops Print Best-Seller List - Michael Wolff’s book “Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House” has gotten off to a sizzling start with consumers. The new book about President Donald Trump and his administration has sold out in many bookstores across the country and is out of ... (01/10/2018)
- Taipei-Based K-Lin Chooses Xeikon 9800s for First Foray into Digital Book Printing - Eede, the Netherlands – Xeikon today announced that K-Lin, a leading Taipei book printer specializing in high quality culinary, travel and educational books, has chosen to install three Xeikon 9800 digital web-fed presses to support its first foray into ... (01/10/2018)
- 'Fire and Fury' publisher is rushing to print more books - NEW YORK (CNNMoney) — The publisher of Michael Wolff's new book "Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House" can't print copies fast enough. Henry Holt is facing a backlog of orders from Amazon, Barnes & Noble and other booksellers. The publishing house ... (01/10/2018)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $12,730,688 on Books Printing. It has awarded 1,075 contracts to 150 companies, with an average value of $84,871 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Printing and binding books without publishing, Pamphlets printing and binding without publishing, Almanacs printing without publishing, Textbooks printing and binding without publishing, Technical manuals and papers (books) printing and binding without publishing, Printing books without publishing, Books printing without publishing, Encyclopedias printing without publishing, Almanacs printing and binding without publishing, Nonfiction books printing and binding without publishing, Dictionaries printing and binding without publishing, Professional books printing without publishing, Fiction books printing and binding without publishing, Music books printing or printing and binding without publishing, Pamphlets printing without publishing, Religious books printing without publishing, Professional books printing and binding without publishing, School books printing and binding without publishing, Books printing and binding without publishing, Encyclopedias printing and binding without publishing, Technical manuals and papers (books) printing without publishing, Fiction books printing without publishing, Religious books printing and binding without publishing, Travel guide books printing without publishing, Dictionaries printing without publishing, School books printing without publishing, Travel guide books printing and binding without publishing, Nonfiction books printing without publishing, Textbooks printing without publishing, etc.