Commercial Screen Printing Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Commercial Screen Printing
Overview: the U.S. Commercial Screen Printing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Commercial Screen Printing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Commercial Screen Printing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
All Other Miscellaneous Textile Product Mills
Embroideries (Excluding Schiffli Machine Products) And Embroidery Contractors
Commercial Printing (Except Screen And Books)
Commercial Screen Printing
Label Printing (Screen)
Screen Printing On Garments, Apparel Accessories, And Other Fabric Articles, Excluding Labels
Screen Printing (Excluding On Textiles, Apparel, Apparel Accessories, And Labels)
Commercial Screen Printing, Not Categorized, Total
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Commercial Screen Printing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Commercial Screen Printing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Commercial Screen Printing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Commercial Screen Printing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Commercial Screen Printing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||3%|
|Sales and Related Occupations||6%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||19%|
|Information and Record Clerks||6%|
|Printing Press Operators||22%|
|Print Binding and Finishing Workers||9%|
|Other Production Occupations||10%|
|Miscellaneous Production Workers||6%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||7%|
|Material Moving Workers||6%|
|Laborers and Material Movers, Hand||5%|
Commercial Screen Printing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Image Apparel Solutions|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Allsigns Offers Innovative Commercial Signage via Quality Screen Printing in Aberdeen and Edgewood MD - Every business needs to expand once it begins its operations properly. Spreading the word is imperative, therefore. Trust AllSigns to do it in the best possible manner. Bel Air, MD -- (ReleaseWire) -- 01/10/2018 --Allsigns believes in powering a business ... (01/10/2018)
- Airwolf 3D releases EVO Additive Manufacturing Center at CES - Airwolf 3D has been one of the key innovators in the manufacturing of desktop industrial 3D printers over recent years, cornering a niche in the market for machines that are capable of printing at a commercial ... a full-color touch-screen display to ... (01/09/2018)
- Human rights in the Age of Pop Culture - 1967 was when Pop artist Andy Warhol caused the making of the painting “Brillo Box.” This painting is a silk screen print of the label of a commercial detergent popular in the US at that time. This painting is historically significant because Warhol ... (01/09/2018)
- Screen Europe appoints new POD sales manager - Working alongside regional sales manager Alan Rolfe, Farnsworth will manage direct and indirect sales channels in the UK and Ireland for Screen ... publishing and commercial applications. Farnsworth brings over 20 years’ digital printing equipment ... (01/08/2018)
- New York Times debuts powerful anti-sexual harassment commercial at Golden Globes - by Kyle Feldscher | Jan 7, 2018, 8:39 PM Share on Twitter Share on Facebook Email this article Share on LinkedIn Print ... on the screen multiple times before "She said." filled the rest of the screen. The New York Times debuted a commercial during the ... (01/08/2018)
- Screen Europe appoints sales manager - Working alongside regional sales manager Alan Rolfe, Farnsworth will manage direct and indirect sales channels in the UK and Ireland for Screen ... publishing and commercial applications. Farnsworth brings over 20 years of digital printing equipment ... (01/08/2018)
- Why That Winona Ryder Shampoo Commercial Stirred Up Such a Frenzy - Amid the black dresses, activist plus ones, and Time’s Up speeches, a commercial that compared Winona Ryder ... And then these words flash on the screen: “Everyone loves a comeback. Damaged hair deserves one too.” After a reprieve in the form ... (01/07/2018)
- The New York Times Has a Commercial Scoop for Golden Globes Crowd - Longtime devotees of The New York Times read the publication for “all the news that’s fit to print.” But the company behind the ... The Times will run a new TV commercial this Sunday during NBC’s Golden Globes broadcast that highlights its recent ... (01/05/2018)
- U.S. Commercial Screen Printing Market 2017 - Analysis And Forecast to 2020 - Research and Markets - Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "U.S. Commercial Screen Printing Market - Analysis And Forecast to 2020" report to their offering. The report provides an in-depth analysis of the U.S. commercial screen printing market. It presents ... (02/03/2017)
- Research and Markets: Commercial Screen Printing Industry in the US and its International Trade: Updated Report [2011 Q3 Edition] - LLC's updated new report "Commercial Screen Printing Industry in the US and its International Trade [2011 Q3 Edition]" to their offering. Definition & Classification This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in screen printing without ... (07/20/2011)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $10,756,092 on Commercial Screen Printing. It has awarded 368 contracts to 81 companies, with an average value of $132,791 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Art prints screen printing without publishing, Magazines and periodicals screen printing without publishing, Catalogs of collections screen printing without publishing, Directories screen printing without publishing, Racetrack programs screen printing without publishing, Business forms (except manifold) screen printing without publishing, Religious magazines and periodicals screen printing without publishing, Screen printing (except books, manifold business forms, grey goods), Comic books screen printing without publishing, Discount coupon books screen printing without publishing, Professional magazines and periodicals screen printing without publishing, Print shops, screen, Postcards screen printing without publishing, Stationery, screen printing, on a job-order basis, Television guides screen printing without publishing, Scholastic magazines and periodicals screen printing without publishing, Technical magazines and periodicals screen printing without publishing, Catalogs screen printing without publishing, Periodicals screen printing without publishing, Shipping registers screen printing without publishing, Trade magazines and periodicals screen printing without publishing, Guides, street map, screen printing without publishing, Newsletters screen printing without publishing, Maps screen printing without publishing, Posters screen printing without publishing, Databases screen printing without publishing, Trade journals screen printing without publishing, Yearbooks screen printing without publishing, Sheet music screen printing without publishing, Business directories screen printing without publishing, Job printing, Telephone directories screen printing without publishing, Financial magazines and periodicals screen printing without publishing, Cards (e.g., business, greeting, playing, postcards, trading) screen printing without publishing, Music, sheet, Greeting cards (e.g., birthday, holiday, sympathy) screen printing without publishing, Patterns and plans (e.g., clothing patterns) screen printing without publishing, Scholarly journals screen printing without publishing, Agricultural magazines and periodicals screen printing without publishing, Globe covers and maps screen printing without publishing, Newspapers screen printing without publishing, Calendars screen printing without publishing, Racing forms screen printing without publishing, Address lists screen printing without publishing, Radio guides screen printing without publishing, Atlases screen printing without publishing, Radio schedules screen printing without publishing, Juvenile magazines and periodicals screen printing without publishing, Commercial screen printing, Printing, screen (except books, Screen printing apparel and textile products (e.g. caps, napkins, placemats, T-shirts, towels) (except grey goods), etc.