|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Cane Sugar Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Cane Sugar Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Cane Sugar Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Cane Sugar Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Cane Sugar Manufacturing
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Cane Sugar Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Cane Sugar Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Cane Sugar Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Cane Sugar Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Cane Sugar Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||1%|
|Sales and Related Occupations||10%|
|Retail Sales Workers||8%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||8%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||7%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||6%|
|Food Processing Workers||20%|
|Miscellaneous Food Processing Workers||20%|
|Other Production Occupations||19%|
|Packaging and Filling Machine Operators and Tenders||8%|
|Packaging and Filling Machine Operators and Tenders||8%|
|Miscellaneous Production Workers||6%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||17%|
|Material Moving Workers||16%|
|Laborers and Material Movers, Hand||13%|
|Packers and Packagers, Hand||8%|
Cane Sugar Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Victorias Milling Co Inc. earnings drop 61% in Sept-Nov 2017 - VMC milled 960,000 tons of cane, up 40 percent from the year ago due to the ... with plant facilities in Negros Occidental. It operates mill and refinery facilities for sugar and allied products, and engineering services. (01/11/2018)
- VMC profit falls as sugar prices decline - Raw sugar milled in the first quarter was recorded at 1.82 LKG per ton cane, indicating a 40% increase in total ... Incorporated in 1919, VMC’s core business is the operation of mill and refinery facilities for sugar production, as well as engineering ... (01/10/2018)
- Victorias Milling posts profit decline for fiscal first quarter - It said the huge cane hauled was due to an overall increase in ... due to the high level of company-owned raw sugar millshare and early start of refinery operations. “In CY [calendar year] 2017 to 2018, management continued its strategy to purchase ... (01/10/2018)
- Still a long way to attaining self-sufficiency in sugar production - The company, boasts of having Africa’s largest sugar refinery in Lagos, and a sugar cane plantation in Numan, Adamawa State. But despite the steps, it appears the country is not in any way inching closer to self-sufficiency, as all indices have shown. (01/07/2018)
- Brexit, trade tariffs and the battle to ensure British Sugar hits the sweet spot - the likes of American Sugar Refining, owner of the Tate & Lyle brand, which campaigned loudly for Britain to leave the European Union so that it could be free to import cheap raw sugar cane from sunnier climes, and an influential cabal of Conservatives ... (01/04/2018)
- Could beer become the leading transportation fuel by 2022? - Most commonly, ethanol is produced from biomass such as forest products, sugar cane, molasses, and corn ... into butanol in a large plant very much like the current petrochemical/refining industry, and then butanol would be put in the car by the consumer”. (01/03/2018)
- The Truth Behind All Those Sugar Substitutes - and it skips the final refining process. For refined brown sugar, molasses is added back into the refined white sugar after it is processed. The methods of production for other free sugars don't vary greatly from this model. Just as with cane sugar ... (12/29/2017)
- Art installation at old Domino Sugar refinery honors black workers - is “A Subtlety or the Marvelous Sugar Baby an Homage to the unpaid and overworked Artisans who have refined our Sweet tastes from the cane fields to the Kitchens of the New World on the Occasion of the demolition of the Domino Sugar Refining Plant.” (05/17/2014)
- Domino Sugar's Chalmette refinery's history and production recognized - Citing Domino Sugar's Chalmette refinery more than 100-year history ... processes about 60 percent of the raw sugar produced by Louisiana's sugar cane farmers. The Chalmette refinery typically produces about 2 billion pounds annually, or about 7 million ... (12/13/2012)
- Sugar shock - ... Sugar Refining Inc.'s Domino Sugar refinery in Baltimore was shut down for a week after an explosion in November. The explosion is thought to have been caused by sugar dust. Hurricane Katrina damaged sugar cane crops and shut down Domino's refinery in ... (02/16/2008)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $17,508 on Cane Sugar Manufacturing. It has awarded 2 contracts to 2 companies, with an average value of $8,754 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Sugar, granulated, manufacturing, Brown sugar manufacturing, Molasses manufacturing, Confectioner's powdered sugar manufacturing, Cane sugar manufacturing, raw, Cane syrup manufacturing, Sugarcane mills, Molasses, blackstrap, Syrup, cane, Sugarcane refining, clarified, and raw, invert, Invert sugar manufacturing, Blackstrap molasses manufacturing, confectionery, Liquid sugar manufacturing, Granulated cane sugar manufacturing, refined, etc.