|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Cardboard & Paperboard Mills
Overview: the U.S. Cardboard & Paperboard Mills Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Cardboard & Paperboard Mills:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Cardboard & Paperboard Mills Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Cardboard & Paperboard Mills companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Cardboard & Paperboard Mills company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Cardboard & Paperboard Mills industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Cardboard & Paperboard Mills measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||1%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||7%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||16%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||13%|
|Industrial Machinery Installation, Repair, and Maintenance Workers||9%|
|Industrial Machinery Mechanics||6%|
|Other Production Occupations||41%|
|Miscellaneous Production Workers||27%|
|Paper Goods Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||20%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||9%|
|Material Moving Workers||8%|
Cardboard & Paperboard Mills Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Six key trends in the liquid paperboard market - Production of liquid paperboard reached 7.2 million tonnes in 2016, equating to a value of $9.5 bn to the paper mills. Production of these materials is highly concentrated, especially liquid packaging board, which is produced in only ten countries around ... (01/10/2018)
- PaperWorks Growing Wabash Operation - The company is investing $3 million to build a warehouse addition to its Wabash paperboard mill. The 44,500-square-foot addition ... my coworkers and I relied largely on paper and phone to communicate with job candidates. Illinois-based Sears Holding ... (01/05/2018)
- PaperWorks invests $3 million in warehouse for Wabash, IN paperboard mill - BALA CYNWYD, Pa., Jan. 5, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- PaperWorks Industries has invested $3 million in a new warehouse for its Wabash, Indiana paperboard mill. The new facility is expected to be operational during the first quarter of 2018. The 44,500 square foot ... (01/05/2018)
- International Paper Transfers Business to Graphic Packaging - International Paper recently announced that it has completed the transfer of its North American consumer packaging business to Graphic Packaging. The transferred business includes approximately 3,900 employees, two coated paperboard mills and three ... (01/04/2018)
- SPM revival: A blink of hope for employees - one of the oldest paper mills in the country and regarded as the largest producer of pulp and paperboard, went into oblivion after the management struggled to pay salaries and repay debts, thus hitting the livelihood of at least 10,000 people, directly or ... (01/03/2018)
- Graphic Packaging finalizes $6B partnership - "The $75 million in synergies is compelling and will be driven by cost reductions, increased paperboard integration, and procurement and mill efficiencies." International Paper's North America Consumer Packaging, which is the second-largest Memphis-based ... (01/02/2018)
- Graphic Packaging Completes Combination with International Paper's North America Consumer Packaging Business - "The $75 million in synergies is compelling and will be driven by cost reductions, increased paperboard integration, and procurement and mill efficiencies." "We welcome the talented employees of International Paper into Graphic Packaging, and look forward ... (01/02/2018)
- Pratt Paper paperboard mill bringing 300 jobs to Wapakoneta - WAPAKONETA — A new recycled paperboard mill and corrugated box manufacturing facility could be on its way to Wapakoneta, thanks to a state tax credit. The project could create 300 full-time jobs, generating $14.3 million a year by 2023. On Monday, the ... (12/04/2017)
- Buy West Coast Paper Mills; target of Rs 240: Joindre Capital - WCPML operates in two business segments; Paper/Paperboard (including Duplex Board) at Dandeli and Telecommunication Cables at Mysore. WCPML also has Wind Mills of 1.75MW capacity in Tamilnadu for power generation. WCPML has a share of 10% in the domestic ... (09/28/2017)
- Paper mills fold, rewriting Maine history - The number of people employed by Maine’s pulp, paper and paperboard mills declined from 10,208 in 2001 to 5,723 in 2011 and continues to fall, according to industry officials. The shrinking of the industry has many longtime workers wondering how much ... (11/28/2014)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $695,539 on Cardboard & Paperboard Mills. It has awarded 18 contracts to 10 companies, with an average value of $69,554 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Chipboard (i.e., paperboard) stock manufacturing, Pulp mills producing paperboard, Milk carton board made in paperboard mills, Paperboard mills, Bristols board stock manufacturing, Binder's board manufacturing, Folding boxboard stock manufacturing, Paperboard coating, laminating, or treating in paperboard mills, Coated board made in paperboard mills, Paperboard (e.g., can/drum stock, container board, corrugating medium, folding carton stock, linerboard, tube) manufacturing, Wet machine board mills, Kraft liner board manufacturing, Paperboard products (e.g., containers) made in paperboard mills, Container board stock manufacturing, Pulp and paperboard combined manufacturing, Cardboard stock manufacturing, Setup boxboard stock manufacturing, Leatherboard (i.e., paperboard based) made in paperboard mills, etc.