|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Paper Mills
Overview: the U.S. Paper Mills Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Paper Mills:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Paper Mills Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Paper Mills companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Paper Mills company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Paper Mills industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Paper Mills measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||1%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||7%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||16%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||13%|
|Industrial Machinery Installation, Repair, and Maintenance Workers||9%|
|Industrial Machinery Mechanics||6%|
|Other Production Occupations||41%|
|Miscellaneous Production Workers||27%|
|Paper Goods Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||20%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||9%|
|Material Moving Workers||8%|
Paper Mills Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- NAB challenges SC verdict in Hudaibiya Paper Mills case - ISLAMABAD: The National Accountability Bureau (NAB) on Monday filed a review petition against the Supreme Court’s verdict in the Hudaibiya Paper Mills case involving allegations of Rs 1.2 billion money laundering against ousted prime minister Nawaz ... (01/16/2018)
- Shameful how govts colluded to adjourn reference in Hudabiya Paper mills case: Imran - Chairman Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Imran Khan on Tuesday criticised three successive governments for colluding to adjourn reference in mega Hudabiya Paper mills case. NAB files review petition against SC’s dismissal of reopening Hudaibiya mills case ... (01/16/2018)
- Shameful how govts colluded to adjourn ref in HP Mills case: Imran - Chairman Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Imran Khan on Tuesday criticised three successive governments for "colluding to adjourn reference in mega Hudabiya Paper mills case".The PTI chairman took to the Twitter and lamented the collusion between the Sharifs ... (01/16/2018)
- Maine Voices: Paper mill’s demise offers lessons to struggling communities - New Year’s Eve marked the 10th anniversary of the closing of the 116-year-old Groveton, New Hampshire, paper mill. In August 2007, the mill’s owners, Wausau Papers, headquartered in Wisconsin, informed mill Superintendent Dave Atkinson that the mill ... (01/16/2018)
- PES: New combustions systems benefit 2 Toronto-area paper mills - Commissioned in 2011, Precision Energy Services Inc. of Hayden, Idaho, supplied the first sludge-to-energy system to Atlantic Packaging’s 111 plant location. This system replaced a combustion technology that was unable to reliably burn the wet paper mill ... (01/15/2018)
- The Paper Fashion Show is Coming to the Denver Fashion Week Runway - paper mills represented on the runway, sponsors involved, attendees, etc. 303: There’s also some additional prizes added to the show this year. What are some of those? AR: In addition to the regular Paper Fashion Show™ awards, ONE exciting prize for ... (01/15/2018)
- Maine-based corporation plans to buy Turners Falls former paper plant for $4 million - TURNERS FALLS — Bankrupt Southworth Paper Co.’s former mill on the power canal has been approved for a $4 million sale to Maine-based corporation, SBD Greentech. If the U.S. Bankruptcy Court-approved sale goes through, SBD Greentech will acquire not ... (01/13/2018)
- New fluidized bed combustion system offsets tipping fees at Toronto-area paper mill. - Precision Energy Services, Inc. (PES) of Hayden, Idaho, recently designed and supplied a recycled paper mill sludge-to-energy system for Atlantic Packaging in Ontario, Canada. This system is designed to process 100,000 tons of paper mill sludge per year ... (01/09/2018)
- Paper Mill Playhouse Announces Auditions for the 2018 Summer Musical Theatre Conservatory and August Intensive - (Millburn, NJ) Paper Mill Playhouse, (Mark S. Hoebee-Producing Artistic Director, Todd Schmidt-Managing Director) recipient of the 2016 Tony Award for Regional Theatre, will be holding auditions for students to be a part of the theater’s prestigious ... (01/05/2018)
- SC issues detailed judgment in Hudaibiya Paper Mills case - ISLAMABAD: The Supreme Court has issued a detailed judgment in Hudaibiya Paper Mills case. A two member bench of the apex court comprising Justice Mushir Alam and Justice Qazi Faiz Issa heard the case. In its short judgment on 15th December, the bench had ... (01/05/2018)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $169,358,672 on Paper Mills. It has awarded 1,588 contracts to 114 companies, with an average value of $1,485,602 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|