Carpet & Rug Mills Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Carpet & Rug Mills
Overview of the U.S. Carpet & Rug Mills IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Carpet & Rug Mills: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Carpet & Rug Mills Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Carpet & Rug Mills companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Carpet & Rug Mills company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Carpet & Rug Mills industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Carpet & Rug Mills measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||11%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||5%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||5%|
|Textile, Apparel, and Furnishings Workers||45%|
|Sewing Machine Operators||18%|
|Sewing Machine Operators||18%|
|Textile Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||21%|
|Textile Knitting and Weaving Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||8%|
|Textile Winding, Twisting, and Drawing Out Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||8%|
|Miscellaneous Textile, Apparel, and Furnishings Workers||5%|
|Other Production Occupations||12%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||11%|
|Material Moving Workers||9%|
|Laborers and Material Movers, Hand||6%|
Carpet & Rug Mills Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Marketing & Sales Management|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Warp and weft of time: An Indian collector’s carpets tell stories of tribes, trade and families - They were run-of-the-mill Persian carpets with Caucasian designs ... While they made it easy to keep moving, the downside was that the carpets and rugs they produced were rarely ever straight. Then there are the sudden changes. Mehra points to one carpet ... (01/09/2018)
- Portland's airport rug is getting ripped up and hipsters are sad - Carpet Mill Outlet says it will sell pieces large enough to be installed like traditional carpeting while City Liquidators announced via its blog that it will create area rugs and welcome mats from iconic carpet. The PDX Project will have various pieces ... (03/25/2015)
- The Dixie Group Acquires Atlas Carpet Mills - --(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Dixie Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:DXYN) today announced its agreement to acquire Atlas Carpet Mills, a high-end manufacturer and ... is a leading marketer and manufacturer of carpet and rugs to higher-end residential and commercial customers ... (03/14/2014)
- Doyle's Carpet and Furniture, Great Mills, Md. - Doyle's Carpet and Furniture has been an Abbey Carpet and Floor Dealer ... Doyle's installation teams are all CRI (Carpet and Rug Institute) certified and insured. Come into our massive showroom for all of your floor covering and furniture needs today. (04/25/2011)
- Rug pulled on carpet industry - Victoria Carpets, for example, was established in 1954 and has a manufacturing base at Dandenong in Melbourne's south-east and spinning mills at Castlemaine and Bendigo ... "Now Canberra has pulled the rug from under the carpet industry and the people ... (06/07/2009)
- Crusade to market child-labor-free rugs - which crusades against child labor in South Asia's carpet industry. Founded in 1994, the international nonprofit organization aims to eliminate the use of children in rug mills in India, Nepal and Pakistan and, through its education programs, helps young ... (11/30/2007)
- Anadarko rug mill to close Town fights for 3rd-largest employer - In December, a multibillion-dollar carpet manufacturer bought the parent company of Anadarko's Hollytex Carpet Mills, which employs about 300. Now, Beaulieu of America, based in Dalton, Ga., has decided to close the carpet mill, which includes two plants ... (06/30/2000)
- ON THE MAP; A Factory That Wove Rugs and Bound a Town Together - work clothes and any other objects left from the mill. We have a miniature rug loom and the punch cards that direct the weaving that was built for the 1939 World's Fair that actually made miniature carpets. We have carpet samples of the rugs that were ... (04/09/2000)
- Rug Rescue - DuPont`s Stainmaster line is one example while Galaxy Carpet Mills Inc. is bringing out a series, the ``Worry-Free Home Collection,`` of three Anso V Worry-Free nylon carpet styles. The Worry-Free Collection is available in three different textures and 36 ... (10/18/1987)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $16,706,237 on Carpet & Rug Mills. It has awarded 1,019 contracts to 120 companies, with an average value of $139,219 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Bath mats and bath sets made in carpet mills, Carpets and rugs made from textile materials, Weaving rugs, carpets, and mats, Doormats, all materials (except entirely of rubber or plastics), manufacturing, Finishing (e.g., dyeing) rugs and carpets, Rugs and carpets made from textile materials, etc.
Can't find what you're looking for? We have over a thousand market research reports. Ask us and an analyst will help you find what you need.