2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Curtain & Linen Mills
Overview of the U.S. Curtain & Linen Mills IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Curtain & Linen Mills: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Curtain & Linen Mills Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Curtain & Linen Mills companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Curtain & Linen Mills company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Curtain & Linen Mills industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Curtain & Linen Mills measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||11%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||5%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||5%|
|Textile, Apparel, and Furnishings Workers||45%|
|Sewing Machine Operators||18%|
|Sewing Machine Operators||18%|
|Textile Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||21%|
|Textile Knitting and Weaving Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||8%|
|Textile Winding, Twisting, and Drawing Out Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||8%|
|Miscellaneous Textile, Apparel, and Furnishings Workers||5%|
|Other Production Occupations||12%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||11%|
|Material Moving Workers||9%|
|Laborers and Material Movers, Hand||6%|
Curtain & Linen Mills Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Warp and weft of time: An Indian collector’s carpets tell stories of tribes, trade and families - They were run-of-the-mill Persian carpets with Caucasian designs ... Over time, they came to be used as curtains, horse and donkey saddle covers and even bags to carry food and salt. There is even a traditional sleeping bag in the exhibition, with one ... (01/09/2018)
- Applied Material, Treehouse Foods, Sumco, Acushnet Holdings and Great Southern as Zacks Bull and Bear of the Day - That would be hosiery and sock mills, textile and fabric finishing mills, other apparel knitting mills & curtain and linen mills. The job counts do not look as high as people think, though I bet most of the jobs damage was done earlier. The wages lost are ... (01/09/2018)
- America’s 25 dying industries include sound studios, textiles, newspapers - annual wage: $36,548 Like the rest of the manufacturing sector, employment at curtain and linen mills in the United States has declined substantially over the past decade. Since the last of the international import quotas protecting the domestic textile ... (12/28/2017)
- America’s 25 Dying Industries - Like the rest of the manufacturing sector, employment at curtain and linen mills in the United States has declined substantially over the past decade. Since the last of the international import quotas protecting the domestic textile sector were lifted in ... (12/18/2017)
- Sugarloaf Mills announces opening of new stores amid holiday season - On Tuesday, Sugarloaf Mills officials ... ATL Linen Outlet is located in a 2,498-square-foot space across from Goldeagle Airsoft Battlefield and sells home decor items such as bath, bedding and kitchen supplies, as well as a large curtain selection. (12/13/2017)
- Jute mills to get new lease of life - Besides the traditional jute goods, the mills would also be able to manufacture various non-traditional items like high value car dashboard, window and curtains, linen cloth, car seat cover and so on. The Chinese company will also buy back some of the ... (12/18/2016)
- Artists bring new life to Indian Orchard Mills: Viewpoint - Then, it was time to stack my carefully-cut pieces into a bin, which then would be carted to another area of the building, where the fabric would be turned into curtains ... in the early 1800s, the mills handled cotton and linen manufacturing. (11/29/2015)
- Research and Markets: The Total Domestic Demand for the Curtain and Drapery Mills Industry in 2008 Was $1.8 Billion USD - This 6-digit NAICS industry (314121) is under the hierarchy of Curtain and Linen Mills Industry (31412), Textile Furnishings Mills Industry Group (3141), Textile Product Mills Subsector (314), and the Manufacturing Sector (31-33). Its SIC equivalent codes ... (10/30/2009)
- Stores Gear For Openings At Sawgrass Mills - Loehmann's, T.J. Maxx, JC Penney, Service Merchandise and Discovery Zone are expected to open later this year at Sawgrass Mills shopping center in ... small appliances, curtain, draperies and linen that is discontinued or leftover from the catalog ... (04/21/1994)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $6,998,319 on Curtain & Linen Mills. It has awarded 456 contracts to 92 companies, with an average value of $76,069 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Tablecloths (except paper) made from purchased materials, Slipcovers, all materials, made from purchased materials, Bedspreads and bed sets made from purchased fabrics, Shower and bath curtains, made from purchased fabric or sheet goods, Towels or washcloths made from purchased fabrics, Sheets and pillowcases made from purchased fabrics, Pads and protectors (e.g., ironing board, mattress, table), textile, made from purchased fabrics or felts, Placemats, Pillows, bed, Napkins made from purchased fabrics, Blankets (except electric) made from purchased fabrics or felts, Comforters made from purchased fabrics, Curtains and draperies, window, made from purchased fabrics, Pillowcases, Linens made from purchased materials, Cushions (except carpet, springs) made from purchased fabrics, Draperies made from purchased fabrics or sheet goods, Quilts made from purchased materials, etc.
Can't find what you're looking for? We have over a thousand market research reports. Ask us and an analyst will help you find what you need.