Casino Hotels Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Casino Hotels
Overview: the U.S. Casino Hotels Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Casino Hotels:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Casino Hotels industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Number of Companies||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Table Wagering Games
Gambling Machine Products
Pari-Mutuel Sports Gambling, Away From The Event Premises
Other Gambling Services
Room Or Unit Accommodation For Travelers & Others
Room Or Unit Accommodation For Travelers, With Maid Service
Groceries & Other Food Items For Human Consumption Off The Premises
Alcoholic Beverages Served For Immediate Consumption
Packaged Liquor, Wine, & Beer
Cigars, Cigarettes, Tobacco, & Smokers' Accessories, Excluding Sales From Vending Machines Operated By Others
All Other Merchandise
Souvenirs & Novelty Items
Meals, Unpackaged Snacks, Sandwiches, Unpackaged Ice Cream & Yogurt, Bakery Items, Other Food Items & Nonalcoholic Beverages Prepared
Meals, Snacks, & Beverages Prepared For Catered Events
Admissions To Live Performing Arts Performances
Rental Of Retail Space
All Other Merchandise, Excluding Lottery Ticket Sales/Commissions
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Casino Hotels Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Casino Hotels companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Casino Hotels company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Casino Hotels industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Casino Hotels measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||0%|
|Protective Service Occupations||5%|
|Food Preparation and Serving Related Occupations||28%|
|Cooks and Food Preparation Workers||6%|
|Food and Beverage Serving Workers||13%|
|Waiters and Waitresses||8%|
|Waiters and Waitresses||8%|
|Other Food Preparation and Serving Related Workers||7%|
|Building and Grounds Cleaning and Maintenance Occupations||14%|
|Building Cleaning and Pest Control Workers||13%|
|Janitors and Cleaners, Except Maids and Housekeeping Cleaners||5%|
|Maids and Housekeeping Cleaners||8%|
|Personal Care and Service Occupations||24%|
|Entertainment Attendants and Related Workers||17%|
|Gaming Services Workers||15%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||10%|
Casino Hotels Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Station Casinos Llc Employee Benefit Plan||333|
|MGM Resorts International||257|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Robbery at New York, New York marks second high-profile Las Vegas casino heist in three months - A cash cage at the New York, New York Hotel and Casino was robbed early Wednesday, with the armed suspect ultimately escaping in a taxi, authorities reported. The heist took place about 1 a.m., with the robber revealing a handgun in his waistband and ... (01/10/2018)
- Melco’s Cyprus casino christened City of Dreams Mediterranean - Lawrence Ho’s new Cyprus casino project finally has a name worthy of its ambitions ... Besides trees, the resort will boast a 500-room five-star hotel, along with the usual mix of eating, drinking, retail and entertainment options, plus 9.600-square ... (01/10/2018)
- Failed Revel casino in Atlantic City is sold, could reopen in months - Colorado developer Bruce Deifik said Monday he had purchased Atlantic City's former Revel casino hotel from Florida businessman Glenn Straub for $200 million. He plans to reopen it this summer, around the same time the former Trump Taj Mahal casino will ... (01/10/2018)
- Las Vegas hotels bet on technology to attract, dazzle guests - Continue Reading Below Thousands of guests at some of Las Vegas' casino-hotels also can get towels, food and toiletries delivered with just a few taps on their smartphone. It comes as the staples of hotel room technology — a phone on a nightstand and a ... (01/10/2018)
- Police looking for man who robbed Las Vegas Strip casino - Police are looking for a man who robbed a Las Vegas Strip casino-hotel. Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Lt. David Gordon says a man armed with a handgun on Wednesday demanded money from a cashier at the casino cage of the New York-New York. Gordon says the ... (01/10/2018)
- Get a look inside the new Four Winds South Bend casino - It is considered the first casino in the state of Indiana owned and operated by a Native American tribe. They have not said whether a hotel is part of the second phase of development, however. The Pokagon Band of Potawatomi Indians has an estimated 5,000 ... (01/10/2018)
- New Hotels to Check Out in 2018 - Park MGM and NoMad Las Vegas In the first half of 2018 on the Las Vegas Strip, MGM Resorts International aims to replace the mundane Monte Carlo Resort and Casino with two flashier hotels in one tower: the 2,700-room Park MGM with an Eataly food market and ... (01/09/2018)
- NEW DETAILS: Former UNI QB sacked with gun charge at casino hotel - WATERLOO – A former University of Northern Iowa quarterback was shocked with a Taser and arrested after he allegedly refused to remove his pistols or leave the Isle Casino Hotel on Monday night. The man became uncooperative with officers and refused to ... (01/09/2018)
- New Revel owner hopes casino will hold sports betting in Atlantic City - In a statement Monday, Delfik said he plans to call the property Ocean Resort Casino and will aim to reopen the building this summer around the same time the former Trump Taj Mahal debuts as the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino, according to the Associated Press. (01/09/2018)
- AC OCEAN WALK Announces Acquisition of Atlantic City's Revel Hotel and Casino - ATLANTIC CITY, N.J., Jan. 8, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- AC OCEAN WALK announced today that it acquired the former Revel Casino Hotel in Atlantic City for $200 million. The property will be re-branded as the Ocean Resort Casino, giving a nod to the property's ... (01/08/2018)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $2,208,459 on Casino Hotels. It has awarded 67 contracts to 21 companies, with an average value of $105,165 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Resort hotels with casinos, Hotels, casino, resort, with casinos, seasonal, Casino hotels, etc.