|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Concrete Block & Brick Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Concrete Block & Brick Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Concrete Block & Brick Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Concrete Block & Brick Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Concrete Block And Brick Manufacturing
Concrete Block And Brick
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Concrete Block & Brick Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Concrete Block & Brick Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Concrete Block & Brick Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Concrete Block & Brick Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Concrete Block & Brick Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||3%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||9%|
|Construction and Extraction Occupations||8%|
|Construction Trades Workers||7%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||6%|
|Other Production Occupations||19%|
|Miscellaneous Production Workers||9%|
|Molders, Shapers, and Casters, Except Metal and Plastic||7%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||40%|
|Motor Vehicle Operators||31%|
|Driver/Sales Workers and Truck Drivers||31%|
|Heavy and Tractor-Trailer Truck Drivers||30%|
|Material Moving Workers||7%|
Concrete Block & Brick Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- House Works: Concrete blocks are more beautiful, better than ever, and can even capture carbon - What started out as the plainest, cheapest and simplest way to build with masonry, concrete blocks have evolved into an option that combines beauty along with construction speed ... Brampton Brick is the leading user of a process developed by another ... (12/06/2017)
- Green technology for construction - Master Concrete Block Manufacturing ... is now producing 23 types of green building materials, said Mohammad Salim, head of its marketing. Structures made of hollow concrete blocks or solid concrete bricks are 20 percent cost saving, and they last longer ... (11/24/2017)
- Concrete Block and Brick Manufacturing Market to Reach 2769.24 Billion Units by 2027, Globally: Transparency Market Research - Global Concrete Block and Brick Manufacturing Market: Construction Sector to Contribute Significant Revenues PR Newswire ALBANY, New York, November 22, 2017 ALBANY, New York, November 22, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Transparency Market Research has released a new ... (11/22/2017)
- India Bricks and Blocks Market to 2021 - Focus on AAC Block Segment - The report titled "India Bricks and Blocks Market to 2021 – Focus on AAC Block Segment" provides a comprehensive ... of the overall market based on clay brick, fly-ash brick, concrete block, AAC block and others. The sub segments of concrete blocks ... (07/18/2017)
- Concrete blocks come under 28% GST slab - With concrete blocks attracting 28% tax post GST from the present 5.5%, experts in the real estate space are predicting a comeback of the traditional red brick in the construction space. “Every one is buying concrete blocks because it has seen a ... (07/02/2017)
- Block, brick supplier R.I. Lampus of Springdale adapts to continued growth - They quit farming when they purchased T.C. Campbell Co. and began making concrete and cinder blocks. Blocks account for one-third of sales. Last month, the company acquired A.A. Robbins Co. in Crawford County to add to its brick distribution business and ... (11/03/2014)
- Aerated concrete blocks ease burden of construction industry - HUBLI: Lighter, more fire-resistant and a better insulator, autoclaved aerated concrete is slowly ... and we can reduce the overall construction cost with the use of AAC blocks, though the blocks are costlier than bricks,'' he said. Blockbuster * One ... (04/04/2013)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $2,931,237 on Concrete Block & Brick Manufacturing. It has awarded 139 contracts to 34 companies, with an average value of $86,213 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Slumped brick manufacturing, Blocks, concrete and cinder, manufacturing, Precast concrete block and brick manufacturing, Prestressed concrete blocks or bricks manufacturing, Patio block, concrete, Plinth blocks, precast terrazzo, Paving blocks, Architectural block, concrete (e.g., fluted, ground face, screen, slump, split), Cinder (clinker) block, Bricks, etc.