Instant Download - Available immediately
Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Corrugated & Solid Fiber Box Manufacturing
Overview of the U.S. Corrugated & Solid Fiber Box Manufacturing IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Corrugated & Solid Fiber Box Manufacturing: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Corrugated & Solid Fiber Box Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Corrugated And Solid Fiber Box Manufacturing
Corrugated And Solid Fiber Boxes, Including Pallets
Folding Paperboard Box Manufacturing
Folding Paperboard Boxes, Packaging, And Packaging Components
Other Paperboard Container Manufacturing
Setup (Rigid) Paperboard Boxes
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
Miscellaneous Receipts, Including Receipts For Repair Work, Sales Of Scrap And Refuse.
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Corrugated & Solid Fiber Box Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Corrugated & Solid Fiber Box Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Corrugated & Solid Fiber Box Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Corrugated & Solid Fiber Box Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Corrugated & Solid Fiber Box Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||10%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||6%|
|Other Production Occupations||40%|
|Miscellaneous Production Workers||29%|
|Paper Goods Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||21%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||14%|
|Material Moving Workers||12%|
|Laborers and Material Movers, Hand||8%|
Corrugated & Solid Fiber Box Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Noble Environmental Technologies||11|
|Caylym Technologies International|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- What goes around: Common curbside recycling mistakes - Dunn County Solid Waste & Recycling has partnered ... All shipping and packaging materials should be removed from boxes and properly recycled (paper, bubble wrap, fiber inserts) or disposed of (Styrofoam sheets, blocks or packing peanuts). (10/04/2017)
- U.S. Corrugated And Solid Fiber Box Market Analysis And Forecast 2017-2025 - Research and Markets - The "U.S. Corrugated And Solid Fiber Box Market - Analysis And Forecast to 2025" report has been added to Research and Markets' offering. The report provides an in-depth analysis of the U.S. corrugated and solid fiber box market. It presents the latest ... (07/25/2017)
- Top 5 Vendors in the Corrugated Box Market in the US From 2017 to 2021: Technavio - View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170503006433/en/ Technavio has published a new report on the corrugated box market in the ... packaging solutions through Georgia-Pacific packaging and cellulose business unit that offers ... (03/05/2017)
- Global Unfinished Paper Manufacturing Market Briefing 2017: Major Companies are SENSIT, Baumer and Hansford Sensors - Research and Markets - The unfinished paper manufacturing market is characterized into paper ... This can be attributed to the demand for corrugated and solid fiber box from the retail and e-commerce industries as well as growth in the newsprint industry in the region. (01/30/2017)
- Michelman's RustBan® Can Eliminate the Need for VCI Paper and Bags, Reducing Material and Handling Costs - Michelman is introducing RustBan, a vapor corrosion inhibitor (VCI) that is applied directly to corrugated, solid fiber and other forms of paperboard packaging used to store and ship ferrous and nonferrous metal products. Michelman is introducing RustBan ... (09/12/2014)
- Research and Markets: The Total Domestic Demand for the Corrugated and Solid Fiber Box Manufacturing Industry in 2008 Was $32.2 Billion USD - LLC's new report "Corrugated and Solid Fiber Box Manufacturing Industry in the U.S. and its Foreign Trade [2009 Edition]" to their offering. The Corrugated and Solid Fiber Box Manufacturing Industry report is the most comprehensive market research report ... (05/29/2009)
- Corrugated Holds Stiff Under Pressure - In a sort of postscript to yesterday's IMT e-newsletter on the packaging industry and the holiday season ... reaching $45 billion in 2010. Not surprisingly, corrugated and solid fiber boxes continue to make up the lion's share of the market. (12/13/2006)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $12,540,691 on Corrugated & Solid Fiber Box Manufacturing. It has awarded 1,134 contracts to 80 companies, with an average value of $156,759 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Paper, corrugated, made from purchased paper or paperboard, Boxes, corrugated and solid fiber, Corrugated and solid fiberboard pads made from purchased paper or paperboard, Pallets, Shipping containers, Partitions, shipping, laminated paper and paperboard, made from purchased paperboard, Pads, corrugated and solid fiberboard, Corrugated paper made from purchased paper or paperboard, Shipping containers made from purchased paperboard, Corrugated and solid fiber boxes made from purchased paper or paperboard, etc.