|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Folding Paperboard Box Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Folding Paperboard Box Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Folding Paperboard Box Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Folding Paperboard Box Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Corrugated And Solid Fiber Box Manufacturing
Corrugated And Solid Fiber Boxes, Including Pallets
Folding Paperboard Box Manufacturing
Folding Paperboard Boxes, Packaging, And Packaging Components
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Folding Paperboard Box Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Folding Paperboard Box Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Folding Paperboard Box Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Folding Paperboard Box Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Folding Paperboard Box Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||10%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||6%|
|Other Production Occupations||40%|
|Miscellaneous Production Workers||29%|
|Paper Goods Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||21%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||14%|
|Material Moving Workers||12%|
|Laborers and Material Movers, Hand||8%|
Folding Paperboard Box Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Mobile Phone Accessories Packaging Market to Reflect a Significant CAGR of 6.5% During 2017 - 2027 - Chargers, protective covers & headsets are largely sold in folding cartons & clear view boxes. Manufacturers of mobile phone accessories ... Material type segment consists of plastic and paper & paperboard. Plastic segment is sub-segmented into PE, PET ... (01/09/2018)
- Global Paper and Paperboard Packaging Market 2010-2018 & 2021 - Research and Markets - ... market size for paper and paperboard packaging as well as the market size and trends for the following kinds of products: Paper bags and sacks Boxes, cases and cartons of corrugated paper or paperboard Folding boxes, cases and cartons of non ... (01/08/2018)
- Paper & Paperboard Packaging Market: Technological Advancements, Evolving Industry Trends and Insights - On the basis of grade, the global paper & paperboard packaging market is segmented into coated unbleached 'kraft' paperboard, White Line Chipboard (WLC), label paper, Folding Box Board (FBB), Solid Bleached Sulfate (SBS), and others (liquid packaging grade ... (01/03/2018)
- Paper & Paperboard Packaging Global Market Other Key Strategies By Type & Geography Analysis & Forecast to 2022 - For more information about this report: http://www.reportsweb.com/global-paper-and-paperboard ... Board, Folding Boxboard, Glassine & Greaseproof and Label Paper. Based on Type, the market is classified into Corrugated Box, Flexible Paper Packaging and ... (10/26/2017)
- US Paperboard Packaging Market Outlook to 2020 - Expanding E-tail industry and Usage of Recycled Paper to Fuel the Demand for Paper Products - The report titled "US Paperboard Packaging Market Outlook to 2020 - Expanding E-tail industry ... The report also covers value chain analysis and investment model of corrugated boxes and folding cartons. Additionally, the report offers prevalent trends ... (01/31/2017)
- Corrugated Holds Stiff Under Pressure - helped breathe life into this sector as well as the folding paperboard boxes and fiber cans and drums sectors. Corrugated is a durable, versatile material used for custom-manufactured shipping containers, packaging and point-of-purchase displays ... (12/13/2006)
- Cd Packaging Battle Includes Plastics Manufacturers - Will it be the folding paperboard DigiTrak system already used on ... Or, will fans of the current "jewel box" (and high-powered plastics manufacturers) demand that the plastic that's been used for a decade to hold CDs is the best way to preserve discs? (09/04/1991)
- PRICE FIXING LAID TO 23 PRODUCERS OF FOLDING BOXES - WASHINGTON, Feb. 18—A Federal grand jury today charged 23 manufacturers of folding paperboard boxes, including the industry's three largest, with engaging in criminal conspiracy to fix prices. The indicted companies were said to control the production of ... (02/19/1976)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $829,455 on Folding Paperboard Box Manufacturing. It has awarded 71 contracts to 18 companies, with an average value of $46,081 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Boxes, folding (except corrugated), made from purchased paperboard, Cartons, folding (except milk), Shoe boxes, folding, Folding boxes (except corrugated) made from purchased paperboard, Folding paper and paperboard containers (except corrugated) made from purchased paperboard, Food containers, sanitary, Sanitary food container, etc.