|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Cosmetics & Beauty Products Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Cosmetics & Beauty Products Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Cosmetics & Beauty Products Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Cosmetics & Beauty Products Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Cosmetics & Beauty Products Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Cosmetics & Beauty Products Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Cosmetics & Beauty Products Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Cosmetics & Beauty Products Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||14%|
|Material Recording, Scheduling, Dispatching, and Distributing Workers||6%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||6%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||6%|
|Other Production Occupations||36%|
|Chemical Processing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||5%|
|Crushing, Grinding, Polishing, Mixing, and Blending Workers||10%|
|Mixing and Blending Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||9%|
|Packaging and Filling Machine Operators and Tenders||13%|
|Packaging and Filling Machine Operators and Tenders||13%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||10%|
|Material Moving Workers||9%|
|Laborers and Material Movers, Hand||7%|
Cosmetics & Beauty Products Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Global cosmetics market segmentation, growth and market size 2016-2022 insights shared in detailed report - Along with the women, men have in addition seamlessly integrated beauty products into their daily lives ... across different countries and the usage of organic elements in manufacturing cosmetic accessories. Swiftly rising attractiveness strategies ... (01/09/2018)
- UK bans microbeads in beauty products in bid to cut plastic in oceans - A UK-wide ban on manufacturers making products containing microbeads has come into force, in an attempt to cut down on plastics in our oceans. The beads are used in hundreds of different cosmetic products such as face washes and shower gels. It is ... (01/09/2018)
- Global Halal Cosmetics Market Expected To Reach $21.4 Billion by 2024 - The word "halal" means products that have ... more interest in Halal cosmetic in terms of natural, organic and vegetarian. Main driving factor market is youth or young population they more concerned about skin and beauty. Even this would be a great chance ... (01/05/2018)
- Global Probiotic Cosmetic Products Market Report 2018-2022 - Rise in Demand for Multifunctional and Multi Purpose Beauty Products - Customers opt for natural and instant ways to heal their beauty concerns. To meet the changing needs of customers, vendors focus on manufacturing innovative products. Hence, they focus on extending their existing product line by introducing new cosmetic ... (01/04/2018)
- Cosmetic Surgery Products Market Forecast Report Offers Actionable Insights 2013 – 2019 - Technological advancement in the manufacturing of cosmetic surgery products is one of the driving factors for ... underwent aesthetic procedures to retain their youth and beauty. Additionally, the ASAPS also reported that in 2013, more than 11,000,000 ... (12/29/2017)
- Cosmetics maker’s rapid growth bucks trends in manufacturing - “People are still required in cosmetics manufacturing ... care products, for an undisclosed price. The deal, financed by a loan from Fifth Third Bank, lets Oxygen jump on Americans’ newfound love of Korean cosmetics. “The big rage is K-beauty ... (12/29/2017)
- ‘Spurious cosmetics’ in branded bottles sold to parlours, salons: FDA - In a scam that the Maharashtra Food and Drug Administration (FDA) suspects to be operational on a larger scale and in multiple cities, spurious, unlicensed cosmetics products were found being sold to salons and beauty ... spurious cosmetics in branded ... (11/21/2017)
- Why Beauty Brands Should Consider Halal Cosmetics - But halal goes beyond ingredients and product-handling to include "manufacturing ... beauty and personal care at Euromonitor International, told BoF. The rising trend of ethical well-being...will make halal cosmetics and personal-care products mainstream. (11/19/2015)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $1,864,586 on Cosmetics & Beauty Products Manufacturing. It has awarded 71 contracts to 27 companies, with an average value of $69,059 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Bath salts manufacturing, Hair coloring preparations manufacturing, Hair sprays manufacturing, Permanent wave preparations manufacturing, After-shave preparations manufacturing, Lotions (e.g., body, face, hand) manufacturing, Shampoos and conditioners, hair, manufacturing, Powders (e.g., baby, talcum, toilet) manufacturing, Nail polish remover manufacturing, Face creams (e.g., cleansing, moisturizing) manufacturing, Baby powder and baby oil manufacturing, Eye make-up (e.g., eye shadow, eyebrow pencil, mascara) manufacturing, Bubble bath preparations manufacturing, Hair preparations (e.g., conditioners, dyes, rinses, shampoos) manufacturing, Nail polishes manufacturing, Antiperspirants, personal, Foundations (i.e., make-up) manufacturing, Lipsticks manufacturing, Towelettes, premoistened, Talcum powders manufacturing, Denture cleaners, effervescent, Rouge, cosmetic, Manicure preparations manufacturing, Mouthwashes (except medicinal) manufacturing, Hand lotions manufacturing, Denture adhesives manufacturing, Sunscreen lotions and oils manufacturing, Make-up (i.e., cosmetics) manufacturing, Deodorants, Blending and compounding perfume bases, Depilatory preparations manufacturing, Shaving preparations (e.g., creams, gels, lotions, powders) manufacturing, Tints, and rinses, Sachet, scented, Dental floss manufacturing, Colognes manufacturing, Perfumes manufacturing, Suntan lotions and oils manufacturing, Blushes, Toilet water manufacturing, Toilet preparations (e.g., cosmetics, deodorants, perfumes) manufacturing, Cosmetic creams, and oils manufacturing, etc.