Instant Download - Available immediately
Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Electroplating, Plating, Polishing, Anodizing & Coloring
Overview of the U.S. Electroplating, Plating, Polishing, Anodizing & Coloring IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Electroplating, Plating, Polishing, Anodizing & Coloring: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Electroplating, Plating, Polishing, Anodizing & Coloring industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Metal Coating, Engraving (Except Jewelry And Silverware), And Allied Services To Manufacturers
Metal Coating, Engraving (Excluding Jewelry And Silverware), And Allied Services To Manufacturers
Electroplating, Plating, Polishing, Anodizing, And Coloring
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Electroplating, Plating, Polishing, Anodizing & Coloring Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Electroplating, Plating, Polishing, Anodizing & Coloring companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Electroplating, Plating, Polishing, Anodizing & Coloring company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Electroplating, Plating, Polishing, Anodizing & Coloring industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Electroplating, Plating, Polishing, Anodizing & Coloring measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||3%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||10%|
|Supervisors of Production Workers||5%|
|First-Line Supervisors of Production and Operating Workers||5%|
|First-Line Supervisors of Production and Operating Workers||5%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||29%|
|Machine Tool Cutting Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||5%|
|Miscellaneous Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||20%|
|Plating and Coating Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||15%|
|Other Production Occupations||28%|
|Coating, Painting, and Spraying Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||12%|
|Miscellaneous Production Workers||8%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||9%|
|Material Moving Workers||7%|
|Laborers and Material Movers, Hand||6%|
Electroplating, Plating, Polishing, Anodizing & Coloring Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Kings Mountain International||7|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Sources Sought Notice – Plating and Metal Finishing - code for the future acquisition is 332813 - Electroplating, Plating, Polishing, Anodizing, and Coloring. The size of business pursuant to North American Industrial Classification System (NAICS) is 500 employees. Responses to this notice should include ... (02/11/2014)
- PODCAST: The Most Dangerous Workplaces in RI - Rhode Island businesses cited for the most health and safety violations paid nearly half a million dollars in total penalties over the past year and include a Global Fortune 500 company and one of the most prominent local businesses, according to federal ... (11/14/2013)
- Lower Middle Peninsula scores nearly $10 million in defense contracts - Here is a list of companies in Gloucester, Mathews, Middlesex and the town of West Point that secured defense contracts in 2011. The list is compiled by The Center for Security Policy, an entity that identifies itself as a non-profit, non-partisan national ... (09/14/2012)
- Research and Markets: Electroplating, Plating, Polishing, Anodizing, and Coloring Industry in the U.S.: an updated 2012 report - LLC's new report "Electroplating, Plating, Polishing, Anodizing, and Coloring Industry in the U.S. and its International Trade [2012 Edition]" to their offering. The Electroplating, Plating, Polishing, Anodizing, and Coloring Industry report from Supplier ... (01/18/2012)
- 2011 Salute to Industry - 10 NAICS: 332813 Electroplating, plating, polishing, anodizing, and coloring APS Petroleum Equipment 2800 U.S. Highway 431 P.O. Box 1198 Anniston, AL 36202 Margaret Turner, President Pete Turner, Vice Pres./COO Debbie Tomlin, HR Director Philip Thacker ... (09/21/2011)
- Park Ave. business a health hazard - MRS Plating, Inc., specializes in electroplating, plating, polishing, anodizing and coloring. Management at the facility couldn’t be reached for comment on Thursday. “In late September, a neighbor reported seeing some unusual-looking fluid in puddles b ... (11/10/2006)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $12,375,473 on Electroplating, Plating, Polishing, Anodizing & Coloring. It has awarded 558 contracts to 82 companies, with an average value of $150,920 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Cleaning and descaling metals and metal products for the trade, Anodizing metals and metal products for the trade, Laminating metals and metal formed products without fabricating, Depolishing metals and metal products for the trade, Chrome plating metals and metal products for the trade, Tumbling (i.e., cleaning and polishing) metal and metal products for the trade, Buffing metals and metal products for the trade, Polishing metals and metal products for the trade, Coloring metals and metal products (except coating) for the trade, Plastic, glass, or other media blasting services, Pickling metals and metal products for the trade, Electroplating metals and formed products for the trade, Plating metals and metal products for the trade, Sandblasting metals and metal products for the trade, Gold and silver plating metals and metal products for the trade, etc.