|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Metal Heat Treating
Overview: the U.S. Metal Heat Treating Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Metal Heat Treating:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Metal Heat Treating industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Metal Heat Treating
Heat Treating Of Metal For The Trade (Heat Treating, Pickling, Annealing, Brazing, Shot Peening, Tempering.)
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Miscellaneous Receipts, Including Receipts For Repair Work, Sales Of Scrap And Refuse.
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Metal Heat Treating Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Metal Heat Treating companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Metal Heat Treating company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Metal Heat Treating industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Metal Heat Treating measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||3%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||10%|
|Supervisors of Production Workers||5%|
|First-Line Supervisors of Production and Operating Workers||5%|
|First-Line Supervisors of Production and Operating Workers||5%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||29%|
|Machine Tool Cutting Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||5%|
|Miscellaneous Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||20%|
|Plating and Coating Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||15%|
|Other Production Occupations||28%|
|Coating, Painting, and Spraying Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||12%|
|Miscellaneous Production Workers||8%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||9%|
|Material Moving Workers||7%|
|Laborers and Material Movers, Hand||6%|
Metal Heat Treating Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Your tongue is stuck to a pole. Now what? - They can suck heat from a warm tongue in a hurry ... which should allow you to ease away from the metal. “If skin is torn off, treat it like an open wound,” the organization notes. That’s assuming the incident took place in a public place where ... (01/12/2018)
- Gold photothermal therapy: A positive for negative margins - The concept of PTT has existed for decades, with prominent developments relying on noble-metal materials formed ... hyperthermia is a validated treatment strategy in patients; alternating magnetic fields can locally heat iron oxide nanoparticles, and ... (01/10/2018)
- Cancer cells can be killed with dinosaur extinction metal - Cancer cells can be killed with metal from the asteroid that killed the dinosaurs ... the first time – discovered exactly which parts of cancer cells are affected by treatment, using highly advanced technology to analyse thousands of miniscule cell ... (01/09/2018)
- Metal Heat Treatment Market Supply-Demand, Industry Research and End User Analysis, Outlook to 2022 - The Metal Heat Treatment Market, presents critical information and factual data about the United States Metal Heat Treatment Market, providing an overall statistical learning of that industry on the basis of market drivers, market constraints, and its ... (12/15/2017)
- "Metal Heat Treatment Market" - The Metal Heat Treatment Market, presents critical information and factual data about the United States Metal Heat Treatment Market, providing an overall statistical learning of that industry on the basis of market drivers, market constraints, and its ... (12/15/2017)
- Global Metal Heat Treatment Market 2017-2021 - Key vendors are Bluewater Thermal Solutions, General Metal Heat Treating, Keith & Thermex Metal Treating - Research and Markets - DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Global Metal Heat Treatment Market 2017-2021" report has been added to Research and Markets' offering. The analysts forecast the global metal heat treatment market to grow at a CAGR of 5.77% during the period 2017-2021. (08/02/2017)
- Global Metal Heat Treatment Market 2017-2021 - NEW YORK, Aug. 1, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- About Metal Heat Treatment Metal heat treatment is a process that is used for changing the physical and chemical properties of metal to attain the desired engineered requirements. The process involves heating of ... (08/02/2017)
- Heat treat addition makes Metal Finishing a one-stop shop - Metal Finishing Co., a locally owned aerospace parts finishing and inspection company, has been on a mission to expand its capabilities and its operations. It recently added the ability to heat treat parts, which means machine shops can get their parts ... (09/08/2013)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $1,269,093 on Metal Heat Treating. It has awarded 58 contracts to 19 companies, with an average value of $66,794 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Hardening (i.e., heat treating) metals and metal products for the trade, Burning metals and metal products for the trade, Cryogenic treating metals for the trade, Annealing metals and metal products for the trade, Cold treating metals for the trade, Brazing (i.e., hardening) metals and metal products for the trade, Shot peening metal and metal products for the trade, Heat treating metals and metal products for the trade, Tempering metals and metal products for the trade, etc.