|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Farm Machinery & Equipment Manufacturing
Overview of the U.S. Farm Machinery & Equipment Manufacturing IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Farm Machinery & Equipment Manufacturing: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Farm Machinery & Equipment Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Farm Machinery And Equipment Manufacturing
Farm-Type, Power Take-Off Hp, Wheel Tractors (2- And 4-Wheel Drive), Sold With Or Without Attachments (Excluding Parts)
Farm Dairy Equipment, Sprayers And Dusters (Excluding Aerial Types), Farm Blowers, And Attachments
Planting, Seeding, And Fertilizing Machinery And Attachments, Excluding Turf Machinery
Harvesting Machinery (Excluding Hay And Straw) And Attachments
Parts For Farm Machinery, For Sale Separately
All Other Farm Machinery And Equipment (Excluding Parts), Including Attachments
Commercial Turf And Grounds Care Equipment, Including Parts And Attachments
Farm Machinery And Equipment Manufacturing, Not Categorized, Total
Consumer Riding Lawn, Garden, And Snow Equipment
Construction Machinery Manufacturing
Power Cranes, Excavation Loaders, Dozers, Construction Tractors, Off-Highway Trucks And Trailers, Mixers, Pavers, Backhoes, And
Parts For Construction Machinery And Equipment, Sold Separately
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
Miscellaneous Receipts, Including Receipts For Repair Work, Sales Of Scrap And Refuse.
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Farm Machinery & Equipment Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Farm Machinery & Equipment Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Farm Machinery & Equipment Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Farm Machinery & Equipment Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Farm Machinery & Equipment Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||8%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||9%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||5%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||17%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||13%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||28%|
|Welding, Soldering, and Brazing Workers||12%|
|Welders, Cutters, Solderers, and Brazers||10%|
|Other Production Occupations||7%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||5%|
Farm Machinery & Equipment Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Great Northern Equipment Distributing|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Protest Parade, Hearing Set For NorthPoint - NorthPoint Development calls the project a "warehousing, distribution and light manufacturing ... farm equipment and military vehicles from winter storage in an effort to demonstrate to Elwood Village officials and NorthPoint Development that their ... (01/11/2018)
- Meat is not the ‘new tobacco,’ and shouldn’t be taxed - A new report published recently by a British group called Farm Animal Investment Risk and Return Initiative ... bureaucratic governmental machinery is weak. What’s more, many small businesses around the country have offered high-quality meat products ... (01/10/2018)
- Global IIoT Market in Agriculture 2017: Smart Digital Farm / Evolution of Smart Agriculture / Farming 4.0 Ecosystem - Global farm equipment manufacturers are looking at improving manufacturing efficiencies for their businesses ... practices with an objective to manage and track their fleet of machinery and gather real-time data on equipment status. The industry is not ... (01/08/2018)
- Last Word - Do you remember when drones were toys and telemetry was something for spacecraft, not farm equipment ... Other acquisitions that appeared in Machinery Chatter included Kubota's purchase of Great Plains Manufacturing. It was a very big deal that moved ... (01/03/2018)
- Shaktiman to set up farm equipment unit in Telangana - ... setting up a centre of excellence and manufacturing facility for farm machinery. This will be the company’s second manufacturing facility in the country for farm equipment after Rajkot in Gujarat. The company expects the Telangana manufacturing hub ... (03/17/2017)
- Deere acquires stake in U.S. leader in high-clearance sprayers - (Reuters) - Deere & Co said on Tuesday it has acquired a majority stake in Hagie Manufacturing ... equipment manufacturers have continued to invest millions in acquisitions, research and development even as demand for farm equipment and machinery tapers ... (03/29/2016)
- Lots to see at the NY Farm Show, from machinery to milk bottles - equipment and livestock. H&S Manufacturing Co. — based in Wisconsin, Ronald Galbreath, territory manager, was at the show with many pieces of gigantic farm machinery. One hay rake (about $7,500) will take three rows of hay and put it in one row for ... (02/27/2015)
- Research and Markets: Conveyor and Conveying Equipment Manufacturing Industry in the US and its International Trade - Updated 2011 Report on the $5.4 Billion Industry - DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/1c43e9/conveyor_and_conve) has announced the addition of Supplier Relations US, LLC's new report "Conveyor and Conveying Equipment Manufacturing Industry in the US ... (08/18/2011)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $22,914,114 on Farm Machinery & Equipment Manufacturing. It has awarded 769 contracts to 258 companies, with an average value of $88,814 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Tractors and attachments, farm-type, manufacturing, Tree shakers (e.g., citrus, nut, soft fruit) manufacturing, Corn heads for combines manufacturing, Feed processing equipment, Irrigation equipment, agriculture, Peanut combines (i.e., diggers, packers, threshers) manufacturing, Farm wagons manufacturing, Tomato harvesting machines manufacturing, Blowers, forage, Fertilizing machinery, Grain stackers manufacturing, Cotton picker and stripper harvesting machinery manufacturing, Stalk choppers (i.e., shredders) manufacturing, Bale throwers manufacturing, Rotary hoes manufacturing, Shredders, Planting machines, Sod harvesting machines manufacturing, Drags, farm-type equipment, Crop driers manufacturing, Hog feeding and watering equipment manufacturing, Chicken feeders manufacturing, Chicken brooders manufacturing, Grain drills manufacturing, Dusters, Shears, powered, for use on animals, Hulling machinery, Seeders, Curers, tobacco, Fruit harvesting machines manufacturing, Harvesting machinery and equipment, Cotton ginning machinery manufacturing, Hair clippers for animal use, electric, Spreaders, Nut shellers, Rakes, hay, Grading, cleaning, and sorting machinery, Poultry brooders, feeders, and waterers manufacturing, Tobacco harvester machines manufacturing, Cream separators, Corn pickers and shellers manufacturing, Berry harvesting machines manufacturing, Combines (i.e., harvester-threshers) manufacturing, Cotton balers and presses manufacturing, Balers, farm-type (e.g., cotton, straw), Sprayers and dusters, Sheep shears, Milking machines manufacturing, Harrows (e.g., disc, spring, tine) manufacturing, Haying machines manufacturing, Cattle feeding and watering equipment manufacturing, Grass mowing equipment (except lawn and garden) manufacturing, Hay balers and presses manufacturing, Rotary tillers, Wagons, Farm tractors and attachments manufacturing, Cabs for agricultural machinery manufacturing, Incubators, poultry, Transplanters, Potato diggers, harvesters, and planters manufacturing, Cultivators, Weeding machines, Plows, Windmills, Lawnmowers, agricultural-type, Presses, etc.