Lawn & Garden Tractor & Home Lawn & Garden Equipment Manufacturing Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Lawn & Garden Tractor & Home Lawn & Garden Equipment Manufacturing
Overview of the U.S. Lawn & Garden Tractor & Home Lawn & Garden Equipment Manufacturing IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Lawn & Garden Tractor & Home Lawn & Garden Equipment Manufacturing: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Lawn & Garden Tractor & Home Lawn & Garden Equipment Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Commercial Turf And Grounds Care Equipment, Including Parts And Attachments
Lawn And Garden Tractor And Home Lawn And Garden Equipment Manufacturing
Consumer Nonriding Lawn, Garden, And Snow Equipment
Consumer Riding Lawn, Garden, And Snow Equipment
Parts And Attachments For Consumer Lawn, Garden, And Snow Equipment
Lawn And Garden Tractor And Home Lawn And Garden Equipment Manufacturing, Not Categorized, Total
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Lawn & Garden Tractor & Home Lawn & Garden Equipment Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Lawn & Garden Tractor & Home Lawn & Garden Equipment Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Lawn & Garden Tractor & Home Lawn & Garden Equipment Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Lawn & Garden Tractor & Home Lawn & Garden Equipment Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Lawn & Garden Tractor & Home Lawn & Garden Equipment Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||8%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||9%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||5%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||17%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||13%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||28%|
|Welding, Soldering, and Brazing Workers||12%|
|Welders, Cutters, Solderers, and Brazers||10%|
|Other Production Occupations||7%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||5%|
Lawn & Garden Tractor & Home Lawn & Garden Equipment Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Gentent Safety Canopies||4|
|Conceptual Marketing & Development|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Top 10 Best Garden Sheds - What is the one thing that every home owner wishes they had? Is it a brand new lawn mower ... how much equipment you have to store, your budget and your personal style. I have together this list of the top 10 best garden sheds to show that there is ... (11/10/2017)
- Backyard hazards: Keeping yard work safe - About 75 people are killed and about 20,000 are injured on or near riding lawnmowers and garden tractors each year, according to the CPSC. “Make sure all lawn mower safety equipment is intact ... cause problems for your home that may cause deeper ... (07/17/2017)
- GREG PRYOR: Weed control takes work, persistence - Preventing weeds from taking over a small vegetable garden ... tractor equipment for my deer hunting areas, which I clear out in August just before hunting season. Finally, let’s discuss weed control in lawns. I do not use any herbicides in my lawn ... (06/18/2017)
- Hate mowing? A robot can cut your lawn - He struggled at first with the idea of paying for a 30-pound robot when, for the same amount of money, he could buy a garden tractor ... equipment. The federal agency has issued one recall for robotic mowers. In 2008, four models of LawnBott Lawn Mowers ... (06/12/2017)
- Lawn-care equipment still important for Ohio Steel despite retail shake-up - The company was started in 1958 and has persevered through drastic changes in the retail landscape for lawn and garden equipment ... Ohio Steel’s key customers are Home Depot, Lowe’s, Tractor Supply Co. and networks of independent hardware stores. (01/10/2016)
- Lawn and Landscape Tire Market Ready to Grow - Where are those warm-weather trends when dealers of residential lawn/garden ... commercial equipment, but also for golf and utility vehicles. Its Turf Pro is a consumer product made especially for lower-ended rear-engine riders and lawn tractors. (05/14/2013)
- Research and Markets: Lawn and Garden Tractor and Home Lawn and Garden Equipment Manufacturing Industry in the U.S. and its International Trade 2012-2016 Forecast - LLC's new report "Lawn and Garden Tractor and Home Lawn and Garden Equipment Manufacturing Industry in the U.S. and its International Trade [2012 Edition]" to their offering. This latest Lawn and Garden Tractor and Home Lawn and Garden Equipment ... (01/11/2012)
- Lawn and Garden Collector Magazine - She now has seven tractors in her collection. Charlotte and I picked up a Ford model 75 for her about a month ago. She asked that I deliver it to her home. As I unloaded ... Subscriptions are available from: Lawn and Garden Collector Magazine Subscriber ... (05/14/2011)
- Comparison Test - 5 Garden Tractors - You can use any basic lawn machine for small jobs, like towing a dethatcher, but hard work calls for beefy equipment. In the outdoor power business, these machines are known as garden tractors. Heavier, more powerful (and, yes, more expensive) than their ... (10/01/2005)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $20,031,809 on Lawn & Garden Tractor & Home Lawn & Garden Equipment Manufacturing. It has awarded 484 contracts to 185 companies, with an average value of $108,280 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Carts, lawn and garden-type, manufacturing, Garden machinery and equipment, powered, Trimmers, string, Tillers, Lawn and garden equipment manufacturing, Blowers, leaf, Cultivators, Hedge trimmers, Attachments, powered lawn and garden equipment, Seeders, Spreaders, Leaf blowers manufacturing, Tractors and attachments, Vacuums, yard, Lawnmowers (except agricultural-type), Mulchers, hedge, electric, Wagons, Snowblowers and throwers, residential-type, Chippers (i.e., shredders), Grass mowing equipment, powered lawn and garden, Snow plow attachments, Lawn edgers, etc.