Frozen Cakes, Pies & Pastries Manufacturing Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Frozen Cakes, Pies & Pastries Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Frozen Cakes, Pies & Pastries Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Frozen Cakes, Pies & Pastries Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Frozen Cakes, Pies & Pastries Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Frozen Cakes, Pies, And Other Pastries Manufacturing
Frozen Cakes, Pies, And Other Pastries
Dry Pasta, Dough, And Flour Mixes Manufacturing From Purchased Flour
Prepared Flour Mixes, Including Refrigerated And Frozen Doughs And Batters, Made From Purchased Flour
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Frozen Cakes, Pies & Pastries Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Frozen Cakes, Pies & Pastries Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Frozen Cakes, Pies & Pastries Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Frozen Cakes, Pies & Pastries Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Frozen Cakes, Pies & Pastries Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||1%|
|Food Preparation and Serving Related Occupations||8%|
|Sales and Related Occupations||11%|
|Retail Sales Workers||9%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||6%|
|Food Processing Workers||30%|
|Miscellaneous Food Processing Workers||12%|
|Other Production Occupations||15%|
|Packaging and Filling Machine Operators and Tenders||6%|
|Packaging and Filling Machine Operators and Tenders||6%|
|Miscellaneous Production Workers||6%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||14%|
|Material Moving Workers||10%|
|Laborers and Material Movers, Hand||9%|
|Packers and Packagers, Hand||6%|
Frozen Cakes, Pies & Pastries Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Gryphon Investors’ Dessert Holdings buys Atlanta Cheesecake Company - The Original Cakerie is a leading manufacturer of high-quality frozen desserts for retail and foodservice customers across North America. Lawler’s Desserts is a manufacturer of gourmet cheesecakes, cakes and pies ... will retain its manufacturing ... (01/09/2018)
- Savory pies for after the holidays - I’m a big fan of festive, holiday foods like crab and smoked salmon, special cheeses and charcuterie, of Beef Wellington, prime rib and roast turkey, of cakes ... Roll out the pastry to a 10-inch round. Drape it over a 9-inch pie pan, then gently ... (01/08/2018)
- 7 Hearty Winter Recipes for When the Weather Outside Is Way Too Frightful - Stir in the frozen peas and chicken, taste for seasonings, and pour the mixture into six 2-cup ovenproof serving bowls.Raise the oven to 400 degrees. On a lightly floured board, roll each pastry ... (Cake flour or bread flour is no good for pie dough ... (01/04/2018)
- Can eating sugar cause cancer? What one study says and why. - Added sugars usually come from sweetened beverages (soft drinks, coffee, tea, energy drinks), candy, cakes, cookies, pies, pastries, doughnuts ... unsweetened applesauce, frozen fruit with no added sugar or syrups. Siddhi Shroff is a registered dietitian ... (12/31/2017)
- One 2017 Restaurant Opening to Know in Every Boston Neighborhood - For a sweet taste of Sicily, head to Zia Gianna, a cafe that serves up several types of tiramisu, a variety of espresso options (including one made with a housemade Nutella pastry cream ... to start assembling cakes, pies, sandwiches, lasagna, and ... (12/31/2017)
- United States Frozen Cakes, Pies, And Other Pastries Market 2017 - Analysis And Forecast to 2025 - Research and Markets - Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "U.S. Frozen Cakes, Pies, And Other Pastries Market - Analysis And Forecast to 2025" report to their offering. The report provides an in-depth analysis of the U.S. frozen cakes, pies, and other ... (05/10/2017)
- Cake and Pastry Manufacturing in Australia Industry Market Research Report Now Updated by IBISWorld - The cake segment tends to be less concentrated, as numerous niche players exist and production tends to be labour-intensive. Pies ... engaged in the manufacturing of cakes, pastries and similar bakery products (including frozen products) from either ... (01/09/2015)
- Research and Markets: The Frozen Cakes, Pies, And Other Pastries Manufacturing Industry's Revenue for the Year 2008 was approximately $5.1 Billion USD - ... and Markets(http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/381488/frozen_cakes_pies) has announced the addition of Supplier Relations US, LLC's new report "Frozen Cakes, Pies, and Other Pastries Manufacturing Industry in the U.S. and its International ... (07/14/2009)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $886,129 on Frozen Cakes, Pies & Pastries Manufacturing. It has awarded 82 contracts to 19 companies, with an average value of $46,638 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Cake, frozen, manufacturing, Crullers, made in a commercial bakery, Sweet yeast goods, Frozen cake manufacturing, Pastries (e.g., Danish, French), Knishes, Doughnuts, Pies, Desserts, frozen bakery, Baked goods (except bread, bread-type rolls), etc.