Industrial Sand Mining Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Industrial Sand Mining
Overview: the U.S. Industrial Sand Mining Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Industrial Sand Mining:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Industrial Sand Mining Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Industrial Sand Mining companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Industrial Sand Mining company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Industrial Sand Mining industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Industrial Sand Mining measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||3%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||10%|
|Construction and Extraction Occupations||31%|
|Construction Trades Workers||14%|
|Construction Equipment Operators||11%|
|Operating Engineers and Other Construction Equipment Operators||11%|
|Mining Machine Operators||7%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||10%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||5%|
|Other Production Occupations||9%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||28%|
|Motor Vehicle Operators||11%|
|Driver/Sales Workers and Truck Drivers||11%|
|Heavy and Tractor-Trailer Truck Drivers||11%|
|Material Moving Workers||15%|
|Dredge, Excavating, and Loading Machine Operators||9%|
|Excavating and Loading Machine and Dragline Operators||8%|
Industrial Sand Mining Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- This Morning's Research Reports on Metals & Minerals Stocks -- Turquoise Hill Resources, Northern Dynasty Minerals, Smart Sand, and Cameco - Furthermore, shares of the Company, which together with its subsidiaries, operates as a mining company ... Moreover, shares of Smart Sand, which engages in the excavation, processing, and sale of industrial sands for use in hydraulic fracturing operations ... (01/08/2018)
- Council OKs sand-mining moratorium - Later, the Maui County Council gave final approval to a bill to establish a six-month moratorium on sand-mining in Central Maui ... And, on Friday, the council found out that Waiko Industrial Investment LLC was already exempt. Department of Public ... (01/07/2018)
- Wakiso leaders bow to pressure, endorse Chinese sand mining firm - officials to set up an industrial park in Kakiri Town Council. The park is expected to create more than 50,000 jobs, according to Mr Masokoyi. Wakiso, one of Uganda’s fastest growing districts, experiences excessive sand mining due to a growing ... (01/05/2018)
- Brazil Minerals, Inc. Adds Multiple Diamond Kimberlites to its Mineral Bank - Brazil Minerals has assembled a robust team of geologists, mining engineers and other local experts with ... encompassing mineral rights for diamond, gold, manganese, industrial sand – because of what it sees as a near inexhaustible demand for quality ... (01/04/2018)
- General Mineral Mining Market Global Briefing 2017 - Research and Markets - The general mineral mining industry includes establishments involved in mining construction sand and gravel, industrial sand, kaolin and ball clay, clay and ceramic and refractory minerals. This market also includes companies carrying out potash ... (01/03/2018)
- Villagers pay tragic price as Indian building boom drives demand for sand - To confront the men mining sand near his village. Not to run when the miners went ... The sand miners arrived at the beginning of the year, using excavators and industrial vacuums that could slurp vast quantities of sand from the riverbed. (01/01/2018)
- IDCOL-IREL forms joint venture for beach sand mining in Odisha - The state run Industrial Development Corporation of Odisha Limited (IDCOL) on Wednesday signed a joint venture agreement with Indian Rare Earth Ltd (IREL) for implementation of Rs 450 crore beach sand mining project. The state run Industrial Development ... (11/29/2017)
- Frac mining opponents hail Winona County decision as plaintiffs consider appeal - Winona County officials have welcomed a judge’s ruling upholding the county’s ban on industrial sand mining, but an attorney for a group of landowners who sued to overturn it sees potential grounds for appeal. Minnesota Sands, a company with leases on ... (11/21/2017)
- Winona County continuing trial process on sand mining ban - A campaign to overturn Winona’s ban on industrial sand mining will continue on to pretrial after a decision wasn’t made in court Tuesday. Third Judicial District Judge Mary Leahy heard arguments from both Winona County’s legal representatives and ... (10/03/2017)
- Four sand mining companies form group to set mutual 'code of conduct' - Wisconsin's chaotically fast-growing sand mining industry took a step toward stricter self-regulation Tuesday with the public rollout of a new statewide member organization formed by a handful of the industry's top players. The Wisconsin Industrial Sand ... (08/29/2012)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $231,702 on Industrial Sand Mining. It has awarded 13 contracts to 10 companies, with an average value of $23,170 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Blast sand quarrying and/or beneficiating, Abrasive sand quarrying and/or beneficiating, Silica mining and/or beneficiating, Grinding sand quarrying and/or beneficiating, Glass sand quarrying and/or beneficiating, Silica sand quarrying and/or beneficiating, Filtration sand quarrying and/or beneficiating, Molding sand quarrying and/or beneficiating, Sand, blast, quarrying and/or beneficiating, Industrial sand beneficiating (e.g., screening, washing), Industrial sand sandpits and dredging, Foundry sand quarrying and/or beneficiating, Enamel sand quarrying and/or beneficiating, industrial (e.g., engine, filtration, glass grinding), etc.