Iron Foundries Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Iron Foundries
Overview: the U.S. Iron Foundries Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Iron Foundries:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Iron Foundries industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Other Ductile Iron Castings
Other Gray Iron Castings
Standard Malleable Iron Castings
Iron Foundries, Not Categorized, Total
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
Miscellaneous Receipts, Including Receipts For Repair Work, Sales Of Scrap And Refuse.
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Iron Foundries Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Iron Foundries companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Iron Foundries company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Iron Foundries industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Iron Foundries measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||1%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||6%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||8%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||7%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||46%|
|Machine Tool Cutting Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||8%|
|Grinding, Lapping, Polishing, and Buffing Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||5%|
|Metal Furnace Operators, Tenders, Pourers, and Casters||7%|
|Molders and Molding Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||15%|
|Foundry Mold and Coremakers||7%|
|Molding, Coremaking, and Casting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||9%|
|Other Production Occupations||14%|
Iron Foundries Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Nick in the AM: Morning fire at Caterpillar foundry in Mapleton - The Mapleton facility covers about 440 acres, according to the Caterpillar website. The foundry produces cast-iron cylinder blocks, heads and liners used in engine platforms. (01/10/2018)
- Historic Coalbrookdale Aga foundry site up for sale - The foundry, which closed in November, was started in the 18th century by Abraham Darby I, who developed new processes for smelting iron The Aga foundry shut for the final time in November, with the 42 remaining workers leaving their boots and helmets on ... (01/09/2018)
- WWI Centennial: Wilson Presents ‘Fourteen Points,’ House Approves Suffrage Amendment - Women drive the mail wagons and delivery wagons, deliver the post, work in in open mines, work electric walking cranes in iron foundries, sell tickets and take tickets in railway stations, act as conductors in the subway. Later Bullitt noted that female ... (01/09/2018)
- A new iron age is dawning - Tom Dixon cast iron doorstop, £95 When German furniture designer Konstantin Grcic first visited a historic cast-iron foundry in Italy he was taken aback: “It’s a very physical place. There is something inherently raw about it all. It is huge and loud ... (01/08/2018)
- Public hearing on Wawa's plans for Randolph convenience store, gas station starts Jan. 11 - Wawa was first founded in New Jersey in 1803 as a New Jersey iron foundry, according to its website. Nearly 100 years later, the family opened a dairy processing plant in Wawa, Pa. Its first market opened in 1964. Since then, the company has expanded to ... (01/05/2018)
- 11 Lodge Cast Iron Items to Upgrade Your Kitchen - Whether you're a new chef or seasoned veteran, there's one ubiquitous cast iron you'll find recommended above all others: Lodge. Founded as the Blacklock Foundry in 1896 by Joseph Lodge in the town of South Pittsburg, Tennessee, the company now known as ... (01/03/2018)
- Margaretta Furnace was a leading iron making center in 19th century York County - There was abundant iron ore in the immediate area as well as many acres of chestnut forest to be converted to charcoal to fuel the furnace and foundry. The Slaymakers are said to have owned over 5,000 acres of land in the vicinity in their heyday. (01/02/2018)
- Brembo Celebrates ‘First Pour’ At Its New Cast Iron Foundry In Escobedo, Mexico - Brembo, a global provider and innovator of brake technology, had a successful first pour at its all-new cast iron foundry in Escobedo, Mexico, yesterday. The facility will cast iron brake discs for Brembo’s nearby disc machining plant, with a melting ... (11/17/2017)
- Iron Castings Market - Global Forecasts Based on Product and Opportunity Assessment by Technavio - According to the latest market study released by Technavio, the global iron castings market is expected to reach USD 126.18 million metric tons by 2021, growing at a CAGR of nearly 7%. This Smart News Release features multimedia. View the full release here ... (05/03/2017)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $486,089 on Iron Foundries. It has awarded 25 contracts to 22 companies, with an average value of $22,095 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Ductile iron castings, unfinished, manufacturing, Pipe and pipe fittings, cast iron, Cast iron pipe and pipe fittings manufacturing, Cast iron railroad car wheels manufacturing, Fittings, soil and pressure pipe, Castings, compacted graphite iron, Industrial molds, steel ingot, Gray iron foundries, Molds, industrial, Iron castings, Malleable iron foundries, Manhole covers, Ductile iron foundries, Semisteel foundries, unfinished iron (e.g., ductile, gray, malleable, semisteel), Cast iron brake shoes, railroad, Foundries, iron (i.e., Soil pipe, Pipe couplings, Pearlitic castings, malleable iron, Rolling mill rolls, iron, Cooking utensils, Iron foundries, Water pipe, Molds for casting steel ingots manufacturing, Sewer pipe, etc.