|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Steel Foundries
Overview of the U.S. Steel Foundries IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Steel Foundries: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Steel Foundries industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Steel Foundries (Except Investment)
Carbon Steel Castings, Excluding Investment
Alloy Steel Castings, Excluding Investment
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Steel Foundries Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Steel Foundries companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Steel Foundries company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Steel Foundries industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Steel Foundries measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||1%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||6%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||8%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||7%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||46%|
|Machine Tool Cutting Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||8%|
|Grinding, Lapping, Polishing, and Buffing Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||5%|
|Metal Furnace Operators, Tenders, Pourers, and Casters||7%|
|Molders and Molding Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||15%|
|Foundry Mold and Coremakers||7%|
|Molding, Coremaking, and Casting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||9%|
|Other Production Occupations||14%|
Steel Foundries Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Our Past: Along the Mississippi - the Duncan Foundry and Machine Works was established in 1874; Mississippi Lime Company in 1895; Alton Brick Company in 1892. Other major industries were in Alton before World War I, with steel entering the picture in the form of the Laclede Steel Company ... (01/09/2018)
- WWI Centennial: Wilson Presents ‘Fourteen Points,’ House Approves Suffrage Amendment - They manage the travelling cranes in iron and steel foundries, a thing no employer believed was possible. They do what is called “electro-technical” work … They dig the coal and also load the cars … The employers declare they wish to keep the ... (01/09/2018)
- Foundry makes bronze gator to 'guard' Mount Dora lighthouse - cast at the foundry, depicts the Greek god of war, Ares, with sword raised riding a pegasus centaur — half human, half winged horse — with its bow drawn and arrow aimed. The statue is all bronze except the tip of the arrow, which was forged from steel ... (01/06/2018)
- Global Aluminum Castings Market is Projected to Reach US$40.14 Bn at a Steady 5.2% CAGR by 2025 - Transparency Market Research - are some of the key end-use segments of aluminum castings market. At the forefront of driving demand in the market is the automotive sector. This is because aluminum has many advantages over traditionally used steel. For starters, aluminum has high strength. (01/03/2018)
- Two Artists Document the Rise and Fall of Pittsburgh’s Steel Industry - Yet while the steel industry largely left town during the “steel crisis ... providing a greasy-spoon meal while constantly trying to “chase the Foundry’s grit and Blast Furnace smoke” out of his establishment; her text is coupled with images ... (12/31/2017)
- Northern Steel Castings in Wisconsin Rapids steel company to idle production - WSAW reported that Northern Steel Castings will idle production at its two Wisconsin Rapids facilities for the long term, according to Wisconsin Rapids Mayor Zach Vruwink. Employees were informed of the company's plans to halt production on Thursday. (06/29/2017)
- United States Steel Foundries (Except Investment) Market Report 2017 - Analysis And Forecast to 2020 - Research and Markets - Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "U.S. Steel Foundries (Except Investment) Market - Analysis And Forecast to 2020" report to their offering. The report provides an in-depth analysis of the U.S. steel foundries (except investment) market. (01/31/2017)
- McConway & Torley steel foundry under fire in trendy Lawrenceville - A steel foundry that employs hundreds in Lawrenceville is under fire from some in the neighborhood it's called home for nearly 150 years. Residents, neighborhood groups and environmental activists want McConway & Torley LLC to cut the pollution, truck ... (04/30/2015)
- Angry Maritime Steel Foundry owner leaving N.S. - Jafarnia plans to move to Ontario after frustrating efforts to get plant up and running Abbas Jafarnia is selling his Stellarton house and the Maritime Steel plant in New Glasgow and moving out of the province because of his frustrations with trying to get ... (06/24/2014)
- Omaha Steel Castings in Wahoo sold to Allan Lozier - Omaha businessman Allan Lozier announced his purchase of Omaha Steel Castings Co. from Phil Teggart. Terms were not disclosed. The company was founded in 1906 and continues to operate at 46th and Farnam in Omaha. Last year, it began moving into a new $ ... (03/28/2014)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $1,128,105 on Steel Foundries. It has awarded 28 contracts to 10 companies, with an average value of $112,810 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Rolling mill rolls, steel, manufacturing, Castings, steel (except investment), unfinished, Alloy steel castings (except investment), Stainless steel castings (except investment), Steel castings (except investment), Cast steel railroad car wheels, Steel foundries (except investment), Foundries, etc.