|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Mattress Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Mattress Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Mattress Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Mattress Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Mattress Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Mattress Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Mattress Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Mattress Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Sales and Related Occupations||5%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||13%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||32%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||32%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators, All Other||7%|
|Textile, Apparel, and Furnishings Workers||14%|
|Sewing Machine Operators||10%|
|Sewing Machine Operators||10%|
|Other Production Occupations||6%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||9%|
|Material Moving Workers||5%|
Mattress Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- How to Score a Mattress Deal Online - You can shop for a mattress anytime, anywhere, and compare multiple retailers and manufacturers simultaneously, so the likelihood that you can click or type your way to a better price is high. “Almost every time you contact a mattress customer service ... (01/10/2018)
- Europe is expected to lead the growth of electric mattress market over the forecast period explored in latest research - Further, Europe electric mattress market is the most opportunistic and revenue generated market for electric mattress manufacturing industries owing to increasing demand of electric mattress for comfortable sleep. The market of Europe is mainly up surged ... (01/10/2018)
- Blue Bell begins expansion with acquisition - Blue Bell will run its Midwest production from Comfort’s 140,000-square-foot manufacturing facility in Roseville, Mich. Comfort Mattress employees will become part of the Blue Bell family, which will now total 250 employees, officials said. Terms of the ... (01/10/2018)
- This mattress that keeps you cooler at night is $125 less with Business Insider's exclusive offer - Bear Mattress Traditionally, getting a new mattress meant going ... We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate ... (01/08/2018)
- QYResearch Medical – Anti-decubitus Foam Mattresses Market 2017 Industry Size, Growth, Insights and Manufacturers Forecast To 2022 - The Global Anti-decubitus Foam Mattresses Market Professional Survey Report 2017 is a professional and in-depth study on the current state of the Anti-decubitus Foam Mattresses industry. Firstly, the report provides a basic overview of the industry ... (01/04/2018)
- Coir mattress producers want reduced GST rate - The All India Coir Mattress Manufacturers Association (AICMMA) has urged the Coir Board to suggest to the central government to reduce the goods and services tax (GST) rate on rubberised coir mattress, the largest selling coir product in the country ... (01/03/2018)
- Mattress Firm to close 200 stores - and its entry into the U.S. via the mattress space has been fraught with recent disruption. Manufacturers in recent decades established a method of keeping consumers on their toes by selling various models and versions of mattresses to different retailers ... (12/29/2017)
- Coir mattress producers want to lie on a lighter GST rate - Manufacturers association has asked for a GST reduction in coir mattress to 5 per cent. Kochi: Rubberised coir mattress, the largest selling coir product in the country, is expecting a reduction in goods and services tax (GST) rates to spur sales and to ... (12/28/2017)
- Giant mattress built for families who want to sleep together - The Ace Collection has produced a line of mattresses that make a normal king-size bed look tiny in comparison. Ace is manufacturing three types of super-sized beds included the company's "Ace family size" mattress, which is 12 feet wide. The average king ... (12/05/2017)
- Local mattress manufacturers enter retail fray with stores in Beaverton, Lake Oswego - Owners of a 77-year-old home-grown mattress manufacturer are wagering that bad times are a good time to get into the retail business. Oregon Mattress Co., which makes Restonic and Sleep EZ mattresses at its Newberg factory, recently opened its first BedCo ... (12/08/2009)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $15,205,612 on Mattress Manufacturing. It has awarded 373 contracts to 64 companies, with an average value of $237,588 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Springs, assembled bed and box, made from purchased springs, Box springs, assembled, made from purchased spring, Innerspring cushions manufacturing, Mattresses made from felt, foam rubber, urethane and similar materials, Mattresses (i.e., box spring, innerspring, noninnerspring) manufacturing, Beds, sleep-system ensembles (i.e., flotation, adjustable), manufacturing, Water bed mattresses manufacturing, etc.