Mechanical Power Transmission Equipment Manufacturing Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Mechanical Power Transmission Equipment Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Mechanical Power Transmission Equipment Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Mechanical Power Transmission Equipment Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Mechanical Power Transmission Equipment Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Speed Changers, Industrial High-Speed Drives, And Gear Manufacturing
Mechanical Power Transmission Equipment Manufacturing
Plain Bearings And Bushings (Excluding Engines)
Mechanical Power Transmission Equipment And Parts, Excluding Speed Changers, Drives, Gears, And Bearings
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Mechanical Power Transmission Equipment Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Mechanical Power Transmission Equipment Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Mechanical Power Transmission Equipment Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Mechanical Power Transmission Equipment Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Mechanical Power Transmission Equipment Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||1%|
|Business and Financial Operations Occupations||6%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||15%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||8%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||5%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||19%|
|Engine and Other Machine Assemblers||9%|
|Engine and Other Machine Assemblers||9%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||9%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||22%|
|Other Production Occupations||6%|
Mechanical Power Transmission Equipment Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Creative Motion Control|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Haydon Kerk announces launch of 3-D-printed leadscrew-nut insert prototype service - Those materials commonly exhibit high friction and poor wear characteristics because they are primarily formulated for mechanical ... impacts power consumption and anticipated life. Development engineers and original equipment manufacturers who are testing ... (01/12/2018)
- Leadscrew-Nut Insert Prototype features threaded interior. - Those materials commonly exhibit high friction and poor wear characteristics because they are primarily formulated for mechanical ... impacts power consumption and anticipated life. Development engineers and original equipment manufacturers who are testing ... (01/11/2018)
- Tonka Bay sells PTI to Incline Equity - Based in Charlotte, North Carolina, PTI is a leading supplier of mechanical power transmission products and replacement ... sprockets and other products to original equipment manufacturers and large national distributors for use across diverse end-markets. (01/08/2018)
- Timken Company purchases PT Tech - The product line has grown to include brakes, clutches and gearboxes, and PT Tech's equipment is used in mining, tunnel boring, steel manufacturing, road working and other markets. Timken has been building its portfolio of mechanical power transmission ... (05/05/2017)
- Now, a first-of-its kind digital-simulation centre to power India's dream of becoming a manufacturing hub - There's now a need for high-quality electro-mechanical equipment to support domestic and export demand in the power generation, transmission and distribition sector, and manufacturing sector. The government plans to increase India's power generation ... (12/05/2016)
- INTO TOP GEAR – David Brown and Santasalo Merge to Create a New Global Force in Mechanical Power Transmission - two of the world's leading mechanical power transmission companies merged on June 1st to create David Brown Santasalo, a new, truly global force in the gear industry. With more than 1,000 employees, 7 major manufacturing plants and 23 service centres ... (06/02/2016)
- Baldor adding 41 manufacturing jobs in Buncombe - Baldor Electric Company will add 41 jobs and $4.2 million in new facilities and equipment ... electric motors and mechanical power transmission products announced Friday. The Arkansas-headquartered company is restructuring its manufacturing facilities ... (05/20/2016)
- Research and Markets: Mechanical Power Transmission Equipment Manufacturing Industry in the U.S. and its Foreign Trade [2009 Edition] - LLC's new report "Mechanical Power Transmission Equipment Manufacturing Industry in the U.S. and its Foreign Trade [2009 Edition]" to their offering. The Mechanical Power Transmission Equipment Manufacturing Industry report is the most comprehensive market ... (05/06/2009)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $25,068,602 on Mechanical Power Transmission Equipment Manufacturing. It has awarded 1,083 contracts to 427 companies, with an average value of $58,709 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Ball joints (except aircraft, motor vehicle) manufacturing, Railroad car journal bearings, plain, manufacturing, Drive chains, bicycle and motorcycle, Sprockets, power transmission equipment, Collars, shaft for power transmission equipment, Joints, universal (except aircraft, motor vehicle), Universal joints (except aircraft, Couplings, mechanical power transmission, Sheaves, Bearings, plain (except internal combustion engine), Chains, power transmission, swivel (except aircraft, Bushings, Pulleys, etc.