|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Speed Changer, Industrial High-Speed Drive & Gear Manufacturing
Overview of the U.S. Speed Changer, Industrial High-Speed Drive & Gear Manufacturing IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Speed Changer, Industrial High-Speed Drive & Gear Manufacturing: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Speed Changer, Industrial High-Speed Drive & Gear Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Speed Changers, Industrial High-Speed Drives, And Gear Manufacturing
Speed Changers And Industrial High-Speed Drives
Speed Changers, Industrial High-Speed Drives, And Gear Manufacturing, Not Categorized, Total
Mechanical Power Transmission Equipment Manufacturing
Mechanical Power Transmission Equipment And Parts, Excluding Speed Changers, Drives, Gears, And Bearings
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Speed Changer, Industrial High-Speed Drive & Gear Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Speed Changer, Industrial High-Speed Drive & Gear Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Speed Changer, Industrial High-Speed Drive & Gear Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Speed Changer, Industrial High-Speed Drive & Gear Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Speed Changer, Industrial High-Speed Drive & Gear Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||1%|
|Business and Financial Operations Occupations||6%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||15%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||8%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||5%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||19%|
|Engine and Other Machine Assemblers||9%|
|Engine and Other Machine Assemblers||9%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||9%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||22%|
|Other Production Occupations||6%|
Speed Changer, Industrial High-Speed Drive & Gear Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Ayers Gear & Machine||3|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Government agrees landmark Sector Deal to establish UK as world leader in future of mobility - The automotive sector will shape our response to the Grand Challenges articulated in our Industrial Strategy, such as Clean Growth and the Future of Mobility – transformations which will forever change ... e-Drive system platforms, utilising high speed ... (01/10/2018)
- Economist James K. Galbraith isn’t celebrating Dow 25,000 - They should recognize that things did change in the 1980s. Workers cannot bargain for higher wages? There is none of the bargaining power that existed in the 1950s and ’60s when you had a union-driven manufacturing ... miles of high-speed rail. (01/09/2018)
- Stanford geologist: Superheroes should stop saving the world due to their carbon footprints - BECAUSE CLIMATE CHANGE ... “Plus Batman drives around a car that literally shoots fire out the back. That has to be terrible for the environment.” Not to mention, Traer adds this: “If Bruce Wayne stopped spending money on Batman gear, he could ... (01/07/2018)
- Colorado makes breakthrough soft muscle for soft robots that is cheap, strong and effective - When voltage is applied, the liquid is displaced and drives shape change of the soft shell ... highlighting a need for soft transducers that are powerful, high-speed, efficient, and robust. We describe a class of soft actuators, termed hydraulically ... (01/06/2018)
- A look back at 2017 at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, part 2 - The 10,000-square-foot facility will feature a more convenient drive-through lane, double the lobby and processing ... systems – laying the groundwork for fifth-generation, high-speed, agile communication systems of the future. Fred Bennett Sr., (01/05/2018)
- JATCO Chief Discusses Shifting Transmission Industry - In addition to its manufacturing base in Japan ... Or perhaps, when a vehicle is running at a high speed, it might be possible to increase its maximum speed even further by adding transmission functions. In ways such as these, we believe that by combining ... (01/05/2018)
- Humans should move toward taxing robots - Since at least 2013, China's industrial robots have had the highest utilization rate in the world. The density of manufacturing robots in the ... while the labor demands of high-speed economic growth are still growing. The result: a shortage of labor ... (01/01/2018)
- Climate Change Solutions That Advance Illinois' Economy and Environment Together - President Barack Obama emphasized advancing climate change and clean energy solutions as a second ... How about building more clean cars of the future at your Illinois manufacturing plants? High-Speed Rail Development across Illinois and Michigan will ... (03/11/2013)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $98,925,779 on Speed Changer, Industrial High-Speed Drive & Gear Manufacturing. It has awarded 473 contracts to 189 companies, with an average value of $523,417 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Gearmotors (i.e., power transmission equipment) manufacturing, Gears, power transmission (except aircraft, motor vehicle), manufacturing, Speed changers (i.e., Reduction gears and gear units (except aircraft power transmission equipment, automotive) manufacturing, Drives, high-speed industrial (except hydrostatic), Speed reducers (i.e., Motors, gear, Reducers, speed, etc.