Metal Tank Manufacturing Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Metal Tank Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Metal Tank Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Metal Tank Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Metal Tank Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Metal Tank Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Metal Tank Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Metal Tank Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Metal Tank Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||5%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||8%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||7%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||7%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||10%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||7%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||31%|
|Machine Tool Cutting Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||6%|
|Welding, Soldering, and Brazing Workers||17%|
|Welders, Cutters, Solderers, and Brazers||15%|
|Other Production Occupations||12%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||6%|
Metal Tank Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Editorial: Climate change bill is not ready - How much will that jack up the price of filling a gas tank? What will it do to the ... Here’s a partial list — cement manufacturing, frozen fruit, juice and vegetable manufacturing, iron and steel mills, some plastics manufacturing, glass container ... (01/10/2018)
- Manufacturing sector shows sluggish growth in November: TIER - Taipei, Dec. 30 (CNA) The local manufacturing sector flashed a ... according to the think tank. Other yellow-blue lights were seen in the auto/auto parts and base metal industries. Car vendors were hurt by rising competition from foreign vendors and ... (12/30/2017)
- A little metal-bender goes big into 3-D - “That was the bulk of the skepticism.” Metal tanks that don't break at the seam are a big deal in terms of demonstrating both the potential of additive metal manufacturing and Sciaky's place within that world. (01/02/2016)
- Metal Tank Manufacturing in Canada Industry Market Research Report from IBISWorld Has Been Updated - Climbing crop, oil, industrial and chemical production will increase demand for industry products. For these reasons, industry research firm IBISWorld has updated a report on the Metal Tank Manufacturing industry in its growing industry report collection. (03/30/2014)
- Major tank manufacturer to expand to Belle Fourche - Hiring is scheduled to begin in the spring of 2014. Permian Tank and Manufacturing, Inc., announced that it would expand its Texas-based above-ground steel tank operations to Belle Fourche. It's the first firm to commit to the new industrial park that is ... (08/21/2013)
- Canadian manufacturing company finds the right fit in Billings - At the former Anderson Steel Co. plant at 301 Orchard Lane, Highland Projects of Sundre, Alberta, is manufacturing specialized steel tanks that are used by drilling rigs exploring oil-bearing formations in North Dakota, Alberta, Wyoming and Montana. (12/01/2011)
- Research and Markets: Metal Tank (Heavy Gauge) Manufacturing Industry in the U.S. and its International Trade - The Complete Q2 2009 Edition - LLC's new report "Metal Tank (Heavy Gauge) Manufacturing Industry in the U.S. and its International Trade [Q2 2009 Edition]" to their offering. The just published Metal Tank (Heavy Gauge) Manufacturing Industry report is the comprehensive market research ... (08/21/2009)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $28,588,417 on Metal Tank Manufacturing. It has awarded 324 contracts to 162 companies, with an average value of $176,472 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Water tanks, heavy gauge metal, manufacturing, Retorts, Fermention tanks, heavy gauge metal tanks, Annealing vats, Acetylene cylinders, Columns, fractionating, Bulk storage tanks, Septic tanks, Oil storage tanks, Air receiver tanks, Absorbers, gas, Cylinders, pressure, Stills, Nuclear waste casks, Storage tanks, Vats, Gas storage tanks, Farm storage tanks, Tanks, Kettles, Digesters, industrial-type, Autoclaves, Vacuum tanks, Vessels, Liquid oxygen tanks manufacturing, Pots (e.g., annealing, melting, smelting), Liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) cylinders manufacturing, Smelting pots and retorts manufacturing, Accumulators, industrial pressure vessels, Petroleum storage tanks, Cryogenic tanks, Caissons, underwater work, etc.