|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Newsprint Mills
Overview: the U.S. Newsprint Mills Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Newsprint Mills:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Newsprint Mills industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Newsprint Mills Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Newsprint Mills companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Newsprint Mills company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Newsprint Mills industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Newsprint Mills measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||1%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||7%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||16%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||13%|
|Industrial Machinery Installation, Repair, and Maintenance Workers||9%|
|Industrial Machinery Mechanics||6%|
|Other Production Occupations||41%|
|Miscellaneous Production Workers||27%|
|Paper Goods Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||20%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||9%|
|Material Moving Workers||8%|
Newsprint Mills Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Newsprint costs to rise as U.S. imposes tariffs on Canadian paper makers - After 18 months of relatively stable newsprint pricing, the industry already had been hit ... "We are stunned that a single U.S. mill in Longview, Washington, has been able to manipulate the trade laws to their gain, while potentially wreaking financial ... (01/16/2018)
- Trade dispute results in tariffs that add cost for newsprint - “We are stunned that a single U.S. mill in Longview, Washington ... “The well-documented decline in the U.S. newsprint market is not due to unfair trade, but to a decade-long shift from print to digital distribution of news and information,” the ... (01/16/2018)
- Trade dispute results in tariffs that add significant cost for newsprint - “We are stunned that a single U.S. mill in Longview, Washington ... “The well-documented decline in the U.S. newsprint market is not due to unfair trade, but to a decade-long shift from print to digital distribution of news and information,” the ... (01/14/2018)
- Editorial: Newsprint tariff hurts public’s ability to know - It’s based on a dubious complaint from a single paper mill and was just announced by the U.S. Department ... Newspapers and newspaper associations are uniting against newsprint tariffs. This is not only a print industry concern but could ultimately ... (01/14/2018)
- Newsprint tariff puts heavy burden on papers - Ohio’s newspapers cannot absorb the additional financial burden that this tax — based on a dubious complaint from a single paper mill — is sure to create. The new import tax begins on Tuesday and will add almost 10 percent to the cost of newsprint ... (01/13/2018)
- Tariff decision on Canadian newsprint adds to worries for American newspapers - Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross said Tuesday the tariffs would protect American paper mills from unfair competition by Canadian ... small-town papers will be at risk of failing” if higher newsprint costs are added to existing problems caused by the ... (01/11/2018)
- U.S. newspapers warn of devastating impact from duties on Canadian newsprint - The industry's turmoil is due to readers turning in droves to digital devices and away from printed copies, so it is wrong for a paper mill in Washington State to blame Canadian newsprint for hurting the U.S. manufacturing sector, said Paul Boyle ... (01/10/2018)
- Ottawa ‘deeply disappointed’ as Washington targets Canadian newsprint - The U.S. Department of Commerce says Canada exported about $1.6 billion worth of newsprint to the U.S. in 2016. “There is no way for U.S. paper mills could meet demand for newsprint, no matter what price was charged for the Canadian product,” said ... (01/10/2018)
- B.C.'s Catalyst Paper mills caught in U.S. paper trade dispute - Punitive duties on newsprint sales to the U.S. do pose a threat to B.C.’s biggest papermaker, though its mills have other export options to mitigate the impact. The U.S. Department of Commerce Tuesday ruled in a preliminary decision that Canadian ... (01/10/2018)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $712,900 on Newsprint Mills. It has awarded 29 contracts to 16 companies, with an average value of $44,556 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Pulp mills producing newsprint paper, Newsprint paper, manufacturing, Groundwood paper, newsprint, made in paper mills, Paper mills, uncoated groundwood, Paper, newsprint and uncoated groundwood, Groundwood paper products (e.g., publication and printing paper, tablet stock, wallpaper base) made in newsprint mills, Pulp mills and groundwood paper, uncoated and untreated, Uncoated groundwood paper mills, Newsprint mills, Pulp and newsprint combined manufacturing, etc.