|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Packaging & Labeling Services
Overview of the U.S. Packaging & Labeling Services IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Packaging & Labeling Services: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Packaging & Labeling Services industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Number of Companies||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Outbound Telemarketing Services
Packaging And Labeling Services
Resale Of Merchandise
All Other Receipts
All Other Operating Receipts
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Packaging & Labeling Services company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Packaging & Labeling Services industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Packaging & Labeling Services measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||3%|
|Business and Financial Operations Occupations||7%|
|Business Operations Specialists||6%|
|Protective Service Occupations||8%|
|Sales and Related Occupations||8%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||30%|
|Information and Record Clerks||6%|
|Material Recording, Scheduling, Dispatching, and Distributing Workers||13%|
|Stock Clerks and Order Fillers||5%|
|Stock Clerks and Order Fillers||5%|
|Other Production Occupations||6%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||17%|
|Material Moving Workers||13%|
|Laborers and Material Movers, Hand||12%|
|Laborers and Freight, Stock, and Material Movers, Hand||7%|
Packaging & Labeling Services Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Signature Food Marketing|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- CGS Prepares for WestPack 2018 - ORIS Flex Pack // Web Visualizer – 2017 InterTech Award recipient ensures fast, easy and cost-effective production of high-quality proofs or mock-ups for packaging, flexibles and label design ... color consulting services to help customers create ... (01/11/2018)
- Innovations Pushing the Growth of the Food Packaging Equipment Industry - Abbey Labels, a professional label printing company ... validation, loading, packaging, unloading, post packing inspection and additional value-added services, giving their customers only one source for all their manufacturing requirements. (01/11/2018)
- Associated Labels launches HP Indigo 20000 digital printing press - The HP Indigo 20000 digital press doubles digital capacity for Associated Labels and Packaging, operating until now its digital services with two HP Indigo WS6800 digital presses. The 30-inch press will also allow the converter to deliver digitally printed ... (01/10/2018)
- Beattie’s Distillery Redesigns Packaging - The labels and tamper evident seals were sourced through ... providing a broad range of packaging products and services to the liquor, wine, beer and food industries. The company’s products and services include expert consultation from design to ... (01/06/2018)
- Packaging Printing Market Perceives Enormous Accruals with a Striking CAGR of ~5% by 2022 - The market is further driven by the rapid growth in packaging and labeling industries ... Reports (3R), Continuous-Feed Research (CFR), and Market Research & Consulting Services. MRFR team have supreme objective to provide the optimum quality market ... (01/05/2018)
- Business Growth Spurs Lynx Labeling’s Plan for New Glasgow Plant - “We have been pleased to see the success and growth Lynx Labeling has experienced recently,” Mayor Doty said. “They have quietly grown into a strong and reputable partner in the food packaging industry ... and job placement services, reduced-cost ... (01/04/2018)
- Paper & Paperboard Packaging Market: Technological Advancements, Evolving Industry Trends and Insights - ... are also used to make packaging labels, boxes, cartons and cardboard boxes. Companies engaged in paper and paperboard packaging solution are widening their offering from core product to consulting services to the end users for picking out the most ... (01/03/2018)
- Blister Packaging Machinery - CVC Technologies, Inc. has grown to be one of the leading labeling and packaging ... and is validate-able... MSL Packaging & Fulfillment is a premier Contract Packaging Company and Contract Assembly Services provider that also specializes in outsourced ... (12/29/2017)
- Global Pharmaceuticals Packaging Equipment Market - Analysis, Trends & Forecasts to 2023 - Report further covers segments of package type which includes primary packaging equipment, secondary packaging equipment and labeling and serialization ... to the increasing need for automated packaging services and increasing demand for integrated ... (12/29/2017)
- Meal Kits Have a Packaging Problem - I tested four services and found that almost every meal was ... While many purveyors use some Earth-friendly packaging, and Blue Apron will provide shipping labels for sending back certain items, all that stuff had to be produced in the first place. (12/28/2017)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $61,492,183 on Packaging & Labeling Services. It has awarded 526 contracts to 58 companies, with an average value of $1,060,210 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Growth Opportunities / Competitive ThreatsCompanies in other industries may also sell similar products. Since there is an overlap in the customer base, there may be an opportunity for companies in Packaging & Labeling Services to sell additional products/services offered by these adjacent industries. Alternatively, these industries may identify further products in this industry to target. Products most at risk are those with the highest profit margins and lowest barriers to entry.
The following industries are competing channels for sales of similar products/services.
Packaging & Labeling Services
|Competing Industry||Sales Relative to Packaging & Labeling Services||Opportunity/Threat|
|Business Service Centers||Competing industry|
|Private Mail Centers||Competing industry|
Sales from other industries of Packaging & Labeling Services are less than those from Packaging & Labeling Services. This may mean that other channels are a competitive risk of increasing their Packaging & Labeling Services sales, taking market share from this industry.
Packaging & Labeling Services Product Sales Report
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Folding and packaging services, textile and apparel, Packaging services (except packing and crating for transportation), Textile folding and packaging services, Blister packaging services, Shrink wrapping services, Skin blister packaging services, Apparel folding and packaging services, Product sterilization and packaging services, Labeling services, Gift wrapping services, Kit assembling and packaging services, Cosmetic kit assembling and packaging services, Mounting merchandise on cards, etc.
Can't find what you're looking for? We have over a thousand market research reports. Ask us and an analyst will help you find what you need.