|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Paint & Coating Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Paint & Coating Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Paint & Coating Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Paint & Coating Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Paint & Coating Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Paint & Coating Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Paint & Coating Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Paint & Coating Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Life, Physical, and Social Science Occupations||7%|
|Sales and Related Occupations||6%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||14%|
|Material Recording, Scheduling, Dispatching, and Distributing Workers||5%|
|Other Production Occupations||39%|
|Chemical Processing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||7%|
|Chemical Equipment Operators and Tenders||6%|
|Crushing, Grinding, Polishing, Mixing, and Blending Workers||16%|
|Mixing and Blending Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||16%|
|Packaging and Filling Machine Operators and Tenders||7%|
|Packaging and Filling Machine Operators and Tenders||7%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||7%|
|Material Moving Workers||6%|
Paint & Coating Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- New report examines the Global sputter coating market research - Development policies and plans are discussed as well as manufacturing processes and Bill of Materials ... Tosoh Smd, Soleras Advanced Coatings, China Rare Metal Material, Jiangyin Entret Coating Technology, Grikin and more are profiled in the terms of ... (01/10/2018)
- High Road Capital buys U-C Coatings - U-C Coatings, of Buffalo, New York ... In addition, our SEAL-ONCE formulations are preferred by craftspeople and manufacturers who demand environmentally friendly products and premium performance. Our customers value our commitment to quality. (01/10/2018)
- Roof Coatings Market Analysis Includes Growth, Trends, Technologies & Opportunities Forecast 2022 - Global Roof Coatings Market Information by Technology (Solvent-based ... Among them, BASF SE, Sika AG, Evonik Industries AG, PPG Industries, Akzo Nobel N.V, 3M are the leading manufacturers which have substantial contribution to the growth of the market ... (01/10/2018)
- Global Waterbased Coatings Sales Market by Manufacturers, Types, Regions and Application & Forecast to 2025 - (EMAILWIRE.COM, January 10, 2018 ) Global Waterbased Coatings Sales Market report is replete with detailed analysis from a thorough research, especially on questions that border on market size, development environment, futuristic developments, operation ... (01/10/2018)
- Sono-Tek Corporation Announces New Coating Technology - Ultrastatic Enhanced Spray Coating - semiconductor coatings, solar and fuel cell manufacturing, thin film glass deposition, food and other industrial coatings applied to any width production lines. Sono-Tek's environmentally friendly ultrasonic spray systems feature up to an 80 percent ... (01/10/2018)
- Global Marine Coatings Market 2018 Trends, Market Share, Industry Size, Opportunities, Analysis And Forecast To 2022 - 8.10.3 Hempel AS 2016 Marine Coatings Sales, Ex-factory Price, Revenue, Gross Margin Analysis 8.10.4 Hempel AS 2016 Marine Coatings Business Region Distribution Analysis Wise Guy Reports is part of the Wise Guy Consultants Pvt. Ltd. and offers premium ... (01/09/2018)
- MIT Researchers Find Melting Hinders Some Sprayed Metal Coatings - In the case of metal coatings, manufacturers have long relied on a process similar to spray painting to apply metal to surfaces. Despite the ubiquity of the technique, no one was ever quite certain what happened at the particle level when metal coatings ... (01/08/2018)
- Coating brings high-gloss aesthetic and greater durability to aluminum surfaces - Acrylicoat’s hard surface resists scratches and meets or exceeds the American Architectural Manufacturers Association (AAMA) 2603-17 industry standard for high-performance coatings. Well suited for high-traffic residential, commercial, and industrial ... (01/05/2018)
- Material Changes to Seal OD Coatings - In order to provide sealing on the OD(outside diameter) of a seal many seal manufacturers either make an all-rubber covered seal, or produce a metal cased seal with a coating on the OD or outside portion of the metal case. The “Thin coatings of resin ... (01/03/2018)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $23,746,774 on Paint & Coating Manufacturing. It has awarded 1,126 contracts to 165 companies, with an average value of $143,920 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Lacquers manufacturing, Powder coatings manufacturing, Water repellant coatings for wood, concrete and masonry manufacturing, Frit manufacturing, Driers, paint and varnish, manufacturing, Stains (except biological) manufacturing, Industrial product finishes and coatings (i.e., paint) manufacturing, Paint and varnish removers manufacturing, Dispersions, pigment, Paint thinner and reducer preparations manufacturing, Epoxy coatings made from purchased resins, Glaziers' putty manufacturing, Paints (except artist's) manufacturing, Enamel paints manufacturing, Paints, oil and alkyd vehicle, Polyurethane coatings manufacturing, Fillers, wood (e.g., dry, liquid, paste), Marine paints manufacturing, Latex paint (i.e., water based) manufacturing, Shellac manufacturing, Paintbrush cleaners manufacturing, emulsion (i.e., latex paint), Wood fillers manufacturing, Dopes, paint, and laquer, Calcimines manufacturing, Plastic wood fillers manufacturing, Architectural coatings (i.e., Varnishes manufacturing, Primers, Motor vehicle paints manufacturing, Plastisol coating compounds manufacturing, etc.