|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Pesticide & Agricultural Chemical Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Pesticide & Agricultural Chemical Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Pesticide & Agricultural Chemical Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Pesticide & Agricultural Chemical Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Pesticide & Agricultural Chemical Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Pesticide & Agricultural Chemical Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Pesticide & Agricultural Chemical Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Pesticide & Agricultural Chemical Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Life, Physical, and Social Science Occupations||6%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||10%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||9%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||7%|
|Plant and System Operators||12%|
|Miscellaneous Plant and System Operators||12%|
|Chemical Plant and System Operators||12%|
|Other Production Occupations||24%|
|Chemical Processing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||7%|
|Chemical Equipment Operators and Tenders||6%|
|Crushing, Grinding, Polishing, Mixing, and Blending Workers||9%|
|Mixing and Blending Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||9%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||12%|
|Material Moving Workers||8%|
Pesticide & Agricultural Chemical Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- US review shows pesticides harm threatened salmon, whales - At the urging of pesticide manufacturers ... Dow Chemical, based in Midland, Michigan, has been selling chlorpyrifos for spraying on citrus fruits, apples, cherries and other crops since the 1960s. It is among the most widely used agricultural pesticides ... (01/12/2018)
- Common pesticides threaten salmon, U.S. fisheries agency concludes - It was made public this week by Earthjustice, a nonprofit environmental law organization that wants EPA to ban the chemicals ... association that represents the manufacturers, formulators and distributors of pesticides, said it is "carefully reviewing ... (01/12/2018)
- Global Agricultural Adjuvants Market Anticipated to Reach $3,594.1 Million by 2021 - It also includes the key participants involved in the manufacturing ... regarding hazards of chemical pesticides • Development of IPM techniques However, there are certain challenges that are inhibiting the overall growth of the agricultural adjuvants ... (01/09/2018)
- EPA keeps Nazi nerve gas pesticide in use in California's fields - The outcry would be enormous if large numbers of farmers began using Zyklon B as a pesticide on fruits and vegetables ... Trump is not alone in allowing manufacturers (primarily the Dow Chemical Co.) to keep selling the noxious substance to farmers ... (01/08/2018)
- Chilling silence on pesticide poisoning - The organic food movement has created some awareness of residual pesticides in agricultural produce because this ... that begs to be asked is that why do we still allow the manufacturing of chemicals like monochrotophos mentioned above? (11/14/2017)
- Federal Shutdown Leaves Pesticides and Ag Chemicals Stuck at Ports - “Manufacturers ... Applications for new agricultural chemicals are also on hold until Congress passes its budget, as well as applications for any new uses of existing products, Ruckert added. When it comes to pesticides and other agricultural chemicals ... (10/10/2013)
- Hazmat Studies: Safe Response to Aerial Crop-Spraying Accidents - Thousands of agricultural ... gear is not designed for chemical exposures and may provide only limited skin protection, if any. Once exposed to certain pesticides, most bunker gear cannot be decontaminated without damage. Manufacturers of pesticides ... (02/01/2012)
- Getting Sick on Pesticides Big Ag Can't Live Without - Chemical agriculture's defense of pesticides ... who may have been poisoned by pesticides used to eradicate bedbugs from hotel rooms. None of this seems to matter to sprayers and manufacturers, though. In the face of this and plenty of other evidence ... (09/28/2011)
- The Pesticide and Other Agricultural Chemical Manufacturing Industry’s Revenue for the Year 2006 Was Approximately $13,810,000,000 - DUBLIN, Ireland--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/reports/c54629) has announced the addition of Pesticide and Other Agricultural Chemical Manufacturing Industry in the U.S. and its Foreign Trade (1996-2008 ... (04/19/2007)
- Fears of Pesticides Threaten American Way of Farming - Agricultural chemicals are a valuable and in some cases invaluable ... and the environmental agency is gradually issuing restrictions on some pesticides. In many other cases, manufacturers are voluntarily withdrawing their products for use on vegetables ... (05/01/1989)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $9,485,448 on Pesticide & Agricultural Chemical Manufacturing. It has awarded 384 contracts to 97 companies, with an average value of $97,788 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Methoxychlor insecticides manufacturing, Sodium arsenite insecticides manufacturing, Roach poisons manufacturing, Xanthone insecticides manufacturing, Rotenone insecticides manufacturing, Exterminating chemical products (e.g., fungicides, insecticides, pesticides) manufacturing, Parathion insecticides manufacturing, Ant poisons manufacturing, Flea powders or sprays manufacturing, Herbicides manufacturing, Household-type insecticides manufacturing, Tick powders or sprays manufacturing, Rodent poisons manufacturing, Botanical insecticides manufacturing, Fungicides manufacturing, Bordeaux mixture insecticides manufacturing, Seed treatment preparations manufacturing, Chlordane insecticides manufacturing, Fly sprays manufacturing, Pyrethrin insecticides manufacturing, Sulfur insecticides manufacturing, Moth repellants manufacturing, Arsenite insecticides manufacturing, Insecticides manufacturing, DDT (dichlorodiphenyltrichloroethane) insecticides manufacturing, Pest (e.g., ant, rat, roach, rodent) control poison manufacturing, Lindane pesticides manufacturing, Plant growth regulants manufacturing, Lime-sulfur fungicides manufacturing, Paris green insecticides manufacturing, Termite poisons manufacturing, Defoliants manufacturing, Organo-phosphate based insecticides manufacturing, Benzene hexachloride (BHC) insecticides manufacturing, Root removing chemicals manufacturing, Arsenate insecticides manufacturing, Nicotine insecticides manufacturing, Endrin insecticides manufacturing, Pesticides manufacturing, Rodenticides manufacturing, Cholinesterse inhibitors used as insecticides manufacturing, Malathion insecticides manufacturing, Dips (i.e., pesticides), cattle and sheep, manufacturing, etc.