|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Petroleum Bulk Stations & Terminals
Overview: the U.S. Petroleum Bulk Stations & Terminals Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Petroleum Bulk Stations & Terminals:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Petroleum Bulk Stations & Terminals industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Number of Companies||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Oil Well, Oil Field, Oil Refinery, And Pipeline Machinery, Equipment, And Supplies
Industrial Containers And Supplies
Chemicals And Allied Products, Excluding Agricultural Chemicals, Plastics, Industrial And Natural Gases, Liquefied Petroleum (Lp
Biofuels, Including Ethanol, Methanol, Biodiesel, And Gasohol Not Included With Petroleum Products
Other Chemicals And Allied Products
Automotive Chemicals, Including Polishes And Cleaners, Fuel And Oil Additives, And Antifreeze
Refined Petroleum Products, Excluding Liquefied Petroleum (Lp)
Jet Fuel, Naphtha Or Kerosene
No. 2 Distillate Fuel Oil, Including No. 2 Diesel And No. 2 Heating Oil
All Other Distillate Fuel Oil, Including No. 1 And No. 4 Diesel And Heating Oil
Residual Fuel Oil, Including No. 5 And No. 6 Heavy Diesel
Lubricating Oil And Greases
Liquefied Petroleum (Lp)
Other Petroleum Products, Including Asphalt Binder, Road Oil, And Wax
Insecticides, Fungicides, And Pesticides
Other Agricultural Chemicals And Fertilizers
Seeds And Bulbs For Planting
Service Receipts And Labor Charges, Including Installed Parts
Pipeline Transportation Receipts
Rental And Operating Lease Receipts
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Petroleum Bulk Stations & Terminals company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Petroleum Bulk Stations & Terminals industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Petroleum Bulk Stations & Terminals measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||4%|
|Sales and Related Occupations||17%|
|Retail Sales Workers||6%|
|Sales Representatives, Wholesale and Manufacturing||9%|
|Sales Representatives, Wholesale and Manufacturing||9%|
|Sales Representatives, Wholesale and Manufacturing, Except Technical and Scientific Products||8%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||20%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||6%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||40%|
|Motor Vehicle Operators||30%|
|Driver/Sales Workers and Truck Drivers||30%|
|Heavy and Tractor-Trailer Truck Drivers||25%|
|Material Moving Workers||6%|
Petroleum Bulk Stations & Terminals Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Abbasi promises two million gas connections by June - Years of crippling shortages of the vital fuel forced consumers to resort to either organic fuels or liquefied petroleum gas (LPG ... One is the trouble that terminal operators might have finding bulk buyers for their imported cargo given that the ... (01/07/2018)
- Nigeria: Petrol Scarcity - DPR Unveils Tough Sanctions for Hoarding, Racketeering - This is coming as a strategic hub for facilitating the distribution of petroleum products within Tanzania and other East African nations has emerged with the inauguration of a terminal that has ... petrol to unlicensed bulk buyers and some retailers ... (12/20/2017)
- Rotary Engineering : wins $140m contract to build tank terminal at Jurong Port - bulk and containerised cargo, and the new tank terminal will add to its operational capabilities. For this latest contract, Rotary`s scope of work includes constructing a tank farm with 19 tanks for clean petroleum products storage, pump stations ... (04/26/2017)
- Rotary Engineering wins $140m contract to build tank terminal at Jurong Port - Jurong Port is a multi-purpose port that handles general, bulk and containerised cargo, and the new tank terminal will add to its ... a tank farm with 19 tanks for clean petroleum products storage, pump stations, valve manifolds, firefighting system ... (04/26/2017)
- Tri-Citians get chance to weigh in on coal train export plan - In 2015, it wrapped up a $26 million project that added a third main line through the hump yard and a station where coal loads and petroleum ... on coal train export plan is 1 to 4 p.m. and 5 to 9 p.m. June 2 at the TRAC center, 6600 Burden Blvd., Pasco ... (05/28/2016)
- Qalaa to terminate Egypt storage terminal contract - Egyptian investment company Qalaa said one of its subsidiaries is in talks with General Authority of the Suez Canal Economic Zone to terminate a contract to build, operate and transfer a liquid bulk station at East Port Said. Mashreq Petroleum, established ... (11/23/2015)
- Family-owned Belle Vernon company fuels a history of growth - A Belle Vernon-based petroleum distributor has come a long way from a single gas station in McKeesport ... it for delivery in leased terminals around the eastern United States or in one of three terminals that Guttman's Bulk Terminal Storage subsidiary ... (10/23/2012)
- Jetti puts up fuel terminal in Iloilo - Independent oil firm Jetti Petroleum ... bulk terminal, while the two others are in Tagoloan, Misamis Oriental; and Naic, Cavite. The oil firm entered the Western Visayas market only in the first quarter this year with the opening of four new stations ... (10/02/2012)
- Ennore LPG terminal on stream - Liquefied petroleum gas bottling plants of oil marketing companies in several parts of the southern region can look forward to improved and timely availability of the product with a 1.2 million tonne LPG terminal ... Tamil Nadu whose bulk LPG requirement ... (07/24/2012)
- FISC Jax fuels team recognized for excellence - The American Petroleum Institute (API ... Points (DFSP), located on the north side of Jacksonville and at Naval Station Mayport, won Category I – the Navy Bulk Fuel Terminal award, and FISCJ Det. NAS Jacksonville was the runner-up for Category II ... (05/25/2011)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $20,706,526 on Petroleum Bulk Stations & Terminals. It has awarded 485 contracts to 130 companies, with an average value of $159,281 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Bulk gasoline stations, Fuel oil bulk stations and terminals, Propane bulk stations and terminals, Bulk stations, petroleum, Oil, bulk stations and terminals, Lubricating oils and greases bulk stations and terminals, Crude oil terminals, Petroleum and petroleum products bulk stations and terminals, Terminals, Gasoline bulk stations and terminals, Liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) bulk stations and terminals, etc.