Instant Download - Available immediately
Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Plastics Pipe & Pipe Fitting Manufacturing
Overview of the U.S. Plastics Pipe & Pipe Fitting Manufacturing IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Plastics Pipe & Pipe Fitting Manufacturing: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Plastics Pipe & Pipe Fitting Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Plastics Pipe And Pipe Fitting Manufacturing
Plastics Pipe Fittings And Unions
Plastics Pipe And Pipe Fitting Manufacturing, Not Categorized, Total
All Other Plastics Product Manufacturing
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Plastics Pipe & Pipe Fitting Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Plastics Pipe & Pipe Fitting Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Plastics Pipe & Pipe Fitting Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Plastics Pipe & Pipe Fitting Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Plastics Pipe & Pipe Fitting Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||9%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||6%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||5%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||9%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||9%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||27%|
|Forming Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||7%|
|Extruding and Drawing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||6%|
|Molding, Coremaking, and Casting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||10%|
|Other Production Occupations||16%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||11%|
|Material Moving Workers||10%|
|Laborers and Material Movers, Hand||8%|
Plastics Pipe & Pipe Fitting Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- PVC Pipes Market is expected to witness a significant growth with CAGR of 7.13% - PVC pipes are the leader among other types of plastic pipes owing to the easy ... collaborated with India-based PVC pipes & fittings manufacturer Finolex Industries Limited for the manufacturing & sale of Finolex FlowGuard Plus pipes and fittings in ... (01/04/2018)
- Prince Pipes Launches CORFIT Double Wall Corrugated Pipes - For a Cleaner India Tomorrow - The facility has the largest manufacturing capacity for CORFIT Double Wall Corrugated Pipes. These pipes ... Prince Pipes & Fittings Pvt. Ltd., who is recognized for changing the prospect of Indian Plastic Industry, was felicitated with the ‘Inspiring ... (01/03/2018)
- Handbook of Polyethylene Pipe - Polyethylene Pipe and Fittings Manufacturing – A chapter describing the production ... placing an installed system in service and operating a polyethylene piping system. Plastics Pipe Institute, Inc., 1825 Connecticut Ave., NW Suite 680, Washington ... (01/02/2018)
- Europe Plastic Pipes and Fittings Market Outlook to 2021 - Growing Sewage Sector and Construction Activities to Foster Future Growth - The report titled "Europe Plastic Pipes and Fittings Market Outlook to 2021 - Growing Sewage Sector and Construction Activities to Foster Future Growth" provides ... plastic pipe manufacturers and dealers, retail chains, potential entrants and other ... (10/23/2017)
- HSIL plans to start production at pipe and fittings facility by December - known for its Hindware range of products – is planning to bring on stream its plastic pipes and fittings manufacturing facility and caps and closures plant (required for packaging) by December. Both the units are in Telangana. According to Sandip Somany ... (10/06/2017)
- Charlotte Pipe buying some assets from Rocky Mountain Colby Pipe - RMCP had estimated sales of $99 million last year, according to Plastics News data, which will be updated July 24 ... ChemDrain, ReUze and RePVC pipe and fittings for residential and commercial systems. Charlotte Pipe claims to be the largest U.S. producer ... (07/14/2017)
- Global CPVC Pipe & Fitting Market by Manufacturers, Countries, Type and Application, Forecast to 2022 - Huaya Industrial Plastics, Youli Holding. Access this report at https://www.themarketreports.com/report/global-cpvc-pipe-fitting-market-by-manufacturers-countries-type-and-application-forecast-to-2022 To provide the historical development this report ... (06/02/2017)
- Products in the News - Viega was awarded Plastic ... manufacturing practices and installation methods. About Viega: The Viega Group, with a tradition of innovation for more than 115 years, has more than 4,000 employees worldwide and is among the leading manufacturers of pipe ... (10/21/2016)
- Research and Markets: Plastics Pipe And Pipe Fitting Manufacturing Industry in the United States - Industry Size & Growth, Trends and Competitive Analysis - has announced the addition of the "Plastics Pipe And Pipe Fitting Manufacturing Industry in the United States - Industry Size & Growth, Trends and Competitive Analysis" report to their offering. The plastics pipe And pipe fitting manufacturing report ... (10/15/2013)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $40,801,801 on Plastics Pipe & Pipe Fitting Manufacturing. It has awarded 1,195 contracts to 154 companies, with an average value of $264,947 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Fittings and unions, rigid plastics pipe, manufacturing, PVC pipe manufacturing, Pipe fittings, rigid plastics, Fittings, Pipe, etc.