|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Poultry Processing
Overview of the U.S. Poultry Processing IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Poultry Processing: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Poultry Processing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Meat Processed From Carcasses
Other Processed, Frozen, Or Cooked Meats, Made From Purchased Carcasses
Rendering And Meat By-Product Processing
Young Chickens (Usually Under 20 Weeks Of Age), Including Bulk, Chilled, Frozen, Whole, And Parts
Hens And Fowl, Including Frozen, Whole, And Parts
Processed Poultry And Small Game (Excluding Soups), Containing 20 Percent Or More Poultry Or Meat
Poultry Processing, Not Categorized, Total
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Poultry Processing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Poultry Processing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Poultry Processing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Poultry Processing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Poultry Processing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||0%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||5%|
|Food Processing Workers||47%|
|Butchers and Other Meat, Poultry, and Fish Processing Workers||40%|
|Meat, Poultry, and Fish Cutters and Trimmers||21%|
|Slaughterers and Meat Packers||17%|
|Miscellaneous Food Processing Workers||7%|
|Other Production Occupations||15%|
|Miscellaneous Production Workers||6%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||16%|
|Material Moving Workers||14%|
|Laborers and Material Movers, Hand||12%|
Poultry Processing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Citizen Group Promises to Be ‘Thorn in the Side’ of New East Texas Factory Farm - and 80 farms that will send 1.5 million broiler chickens a week for processing. The project is slated for completion in early 2019. Mullins said Sanderson Farms is more “environmentally sensitive” than other industrial poultry growers, but couldn’t ... (01/10/2018)
- FG to create 1m jobs through eggs production, processing, sale - The Federal Government said on Tuesday egg production, processing and marketing could create no fewer ... would be self-sufficient in egg production through the scheme, by which poultry value chain would be developed across the 36 states of the country ... (01/09/2018)
- Poultry Processing Market in India 2017 - According to Publisher research, the poultry processing industry in India is expected to grow at a CAGR of 11.5% until FY 2022 to reach a value of INR 96.2 billion. Download our latest research report Poultry processing Market in India 2017 for a ... (01/09/2018)
- Poultry Science Signs Exchange Agreement with Malaysian University - U of A students will study Malaysian poultry production and processing practices as well as Malaysian culture. UPM students can transfer to Arkansas for their senior year to complete the certificate program. This is similar to the recent poultry science ... (01/09/2018)
- Poultry farmers appeal for government assistance; say sector is dying - Spokesperson of the Ghana Poultry Farmers Association ... to get things streamlined - to aid the farmers to acquire processing plants, regulate the importation of chicken and provide a ready market for their products. The goal of the project is to cut ... (01/09/2018)
- Council supports $8M proposed turkey processing plant despite outcry from activists - Windsor City Council approved a grant for a $8.1-million turkey processing plant that promises to create 50 jobs, despite warnings from about a dozen animal rights activists and concerned citizens. Belwood Poultry filed an Economic Revitalization Community ... (01/09/2018)
- CP building poultry mega project in key north China - The project is being billed as the region’s first “complete industry chain ” poultry project, with broiler farming, feed processing, slaughter and processing activities all on-site. Speaking recently at a ceremony marking the ground-breaking on the ... (01/09/2018)
- Mitsubishi to Launch Thai Poultry Processing JV - JAPAN - Trading house Mitsubishi Corp. intends to open a plant in Thailand to fry, steam and freeze chicken for export to Japan and elsewhere, under a joint venture with local food company Betagro Group. Nikkei Asian Review reports that the 6 billion yen ... (01/05/2018)
- Mitsubishi to launch Thai poultry processing joint venture - TOKYO -- Trading house Mitsubishi Corp. intends to open a plant in Thailand to fry, steam and freeze chicken for export to Japan and elsewhere, under a joint venture with local food company Betagro Group. The 6 billion yen ($53.2 million) poultry ... (01/04/2018)
- Report Highlights Fears Among Workers In The Meat Processing Industry - OSHA sets safety standards and plays a role in establishing and enforcing regulations that affect the health of the estimated 480,000 people in the U.S. meat and poultry processing industry. The department increased inspections from 177 in 2005 to 244 in ... (01/02/2018)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $367,794,433 on Poultry Processing. It has awarded 650 contracts to 79 companies, with an average value of $4,655,626 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Poultry canning (except baby, pet food), Small game, slaughtering, dressing and packing, Poultry (e.g., canned, cooked, fresh, frozen) processing, Geese, processing, frozen, or cooked, Ducks, Rabbits processing (i.e., frozen), Turkeys, slaughtering and dressing, Meat products (e.g., hot dogs, luncheon meats, sausages) made from a combination of poultry and other meats, Luncheon meat, poultry, manufacturing, Canning poultry (except baby and pet food), Meat canning, poultry (except baby and pet food), Processed poultry manufacturing, Hot dogs, canned or cooked, Dressing small game, frozen) manufacturing, Rabbits slaughtering and dressing, Chickens, or cooked (except baby and pet food), Hams, Poultry slaughtering, dressing, and packing, etc.