|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Precision Turned Product Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Precision Turned Product Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Precision Turned Product Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Precision Turned Product Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Receipts For Machine Shop Job Work And Job Order Repairs
Precision Turned Product Manufacturing
Precision Turned Products, Automotive
Precision Turned Products (Made On Cnc Equipment Or Screw Machines), Excluding Automotive
Precision Turned Product Manufacturing, Not Categorized, Total
Bolt, Nut, Screw, Rivet, And Washer Manufacturing
Other Secondary Products
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
Contract Work - Receipts For Work Done For Others On Their Materials
Miscellaneous Receipts, Including Receipts For Repair Work, Sales Of Scrap And Refuse.
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Precision Turned Product Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Precision Turned Product Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Precision Turned Product Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Precision Turned Product Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Precision Turned Product Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||11%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||50%|
|Computer Control Programmers and Operators||9%|
|Computer-Controlled Machine Tool Operators, Metal and Plastic||8%|
|Machine Tool Cutting Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||15%|
|Lathe and Turning Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||8%|
|Other Production Occupations||10%|
|Inspectors, Testers, Sorters, Samplers, and Weighers||5%|
|Inspectors, Testers, Sorters, Samplers, and Weighers||5%|
Precision Turned Product Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Factory Tour: Rhode Island's Lotuff Leather Aspires to Be the American Hermès - Welcome to our new series, Factory Tour, in which we're taking you inside the manufacturing facilities of some ... and the employees in turn offer Lotuff the precision and skill of trained artists. The outcome is a workshop that is full of the wackiness ... (01/12/2018)
- As environmentalists warn about water scarcity, these two companies are saving water and money - That, in turn, helps maintain the long-term viability of Pepsi’s operations in Tolleson. Pepsi is also working with The Nature Conservancy in Arizona and elsewhere, experimenting with ways to replenish local watersheds. But remember: manufacturing is ... (01/12/2018)
- Honest Precision to Tolerance Ratios - The precision to tolerance ratio is commonly ... P/T ratio will end up rejecting an excess amount of good product, all producers should be interested in computing appropriate manufacturing specifications. Like the P/T ratio, most guard bands are based ... (01/11/2018)
- Klarm China Promotes Top Quality CNC Prototyping Services at Competitive Price - Klarm Prototyping Limited is an extensive prototype manufacturing ... and product design in this competitive industry. Through their superior solutions, KLARM has managed to make a significant milestone in the market, and in turn, customers have ... (01/11/2018)
- Flex Says These Will be the Top 5 Trends Shaping Manufacturing’s Future - making advancements possible in products ranging from toys to medical devices. In addition to these consolidation and scrap benefits, additive manufacturing also offers many other benefits, including precision material placement, significant time and cost ... (01/02/2018)
- Mill Point Capital Invests in KKSP Precision Machining - The Mill Point team has extensive experience investing in manufacturing businesses similar to KKSP, including Metal Powder Products and Huntington Solutions ... for growth in the highly fragmented precision turned parts industry. KKSP’s scale and ... (12/07/2017)
- Raydiance Announces Suite of All-Laser Precision Manufacturing Solutions for Automotive, Industrial and Medical Device Industries - Ready to integrate into customer manufacturing ... a major shift in product design and development by significantly reducing prototyping and production transfer from months to as little as 24 hours. Customer applications include precision nozzles for ... (03/27/2014)
- Contract manufacturer Precision Extrusion Inc. planning local expansion - GLENS FALLS — Precision Extrusion ... the medical device manufacturing industry. Increasingly, the company is being contracted to do “subassembly work,” which involves melding different types of tubing for use in specialized products. (12/12/2013)
- Research and Markets: Precision Turned Product Manufacturing Industry in the U.S. and its International Trade - Updated Report - LLC's new report "Precision Turned Product Manufacturing Industry in the U.S. and its International Trade" to their offering. Definition & Classification: This U.S. industry comprises establishments known as precision turned manufacturers primarily engaged ... (11/16/2011)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $15,763,706 on Precision Turned Product Manufacturing. It has awarded 319 contracts to 116 companies, with an average value of $135,894 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Precision turned product manufacturing, etc.