|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Prepress & Book Binding Services
Overview: the U.S. Prepress & Book Binding Services Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Prepress & Book Binding Services:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Prepress & Book Binding Services Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Prepress & Book Binding Services companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Prepress & Book Binding Services company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Prepress & Book Binding Services industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Prepress & Book Binding Services measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||3%|
|Sales and Related Occupations||6%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||19%|
|Information and Record Clerks||6%|
|Printing Press Operators||22%|
|Print Binding and Finishing Workers||9%|
|Other Production Occupations||10%|
|Miscellaneous Production Workers||6%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||7%|
|Material Moving Workers||6%|
|Laborers and Material Movers, Hand||5%|
Prepress & Book Binding Services Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Which are the best cities for children? - Children become less likely to use a destination “beyond about 800m from their home”, according to Cities Alive, a new book by the urban planning and ... as parking spaces and red lights as non-binding recommendations. It’s all très sportif unless ... (01/11/2018)
- Arizona man turned camera on injustices of Native Americans - No formal memorial services are planned ... was in a thrift shop in Tucson the day before her father died when she spotted a book with a photo of a Hopi maiden on the binding. She knew immediately it was her father's for the same reasons she recognized ... (01/10/2018)
- The Best News Yet for Energy Storage in New York - It's not a legally binding mandate like California's ... to energy policy and regulations allow storage providers to compete and make money for the services they provide. Those changes could include wonky items like pinning down the locational value ... (01/10/2018)
- Taipei-Based K-Lin Chooses Xeikon 9800s for First Foray into Digital Book Printing - The company has also added a top-of-the-line inline Muller Martini book binding system which accepts direct roll ... For more information about products and services from Xeikon, including the company’s aXelerate business development program that helps ... (01/10/2018)
- Emerge Energy Services LP (EMES) - This Second Amended and Restated Revolving Credit and Security Agreement, dated as of January 5, 2018, among EMERGE ENERGY SERVICES LP, a Delaware limited ... correspondence, records, books of account, business papers, computers, computer software (owned ... (01/08/2018)
- John Hyde, GAA Director, Advises Kingery Printing on Acquisition of United Graphics - based commercial printer that provides a full suite of prepress, sheetfed and web printing, binding, and distribution services, has announced the acquisition ... that specializes in the manufacturing of books, catalogs, guides and newsletters. (01/08/2018)
- Bengaluru: Exploring Ties Binding Atlanta to India, Part II - GlobalAtlanta’s publisher, Phil Bolton, fulfilled during the first week of July 2017 a long-term ambition to visit India on a trip to explore the ties binding Atlanta to the ... expand into information technology services. “I was in the right industry ... (12/28/2017)
- 2018 Book Manufacturing Outlook Includes Ranking of Top 5 Book Printers Based on Latest PI 400 List - “We have been able to transform our platform to the production of smaller-run books. This has also necessitated adding digital binding to our platform ... inventories better and providing fulfillment services. With publisher demand driving shorter ... (12/12/2017)
- Costco Photo Book Review: Nice Software, Uneven Book Quality - However, Costco also has a small but nice selection of decorative frames (with drop shadows), plus the largest and most varied collection of cutouts (or masks) among the services we ... the Nations Photo book in which the binding linen wasn't completed ... (12/04/2017)
- Book restorers preserve our paper past - He took a major pay cut. Only a handful of book restorers practice in Florida. Boca Book Binding in Ocoee also does restoration work, while mostly binding books for universities and hospitals. Ellen Hahn, who learned bookbinding from her father ... (05/11/2009)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $1,723,730 on Prepress & Book Binding Services. It has awarded 118 contracts to 33 companies, with an average value of $52,234 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Repairing books, Printing plate preparation services, Religious book binding without printing, Rebinding books, magazines, or pamphlets, Pamphlet binding without printing, Almanac binding without printing, Encyclopedia binding without printing, Screen for printing, preparation services, Flexographic plate preparation services, Book binding shops, Swatches and samples, mounting for the trade, Gold stamping books for the trade, Electronic prepress services for the printing trade, Imagesetting services, prepress, Printing prepress services (e.g., color separation, imagesetting, photocomposition, typesetting), Samples mounting, Professional book binding without printing, Printing postpress services (e.g., beveling, bronzing, folding, gluing, edging, foil stamping) to printed products (e.g., books, cards, paper), School textbooks binding without printing, Trade binding services, Color separation services, for the printing trade, Offset plate preparation services, Book binding without printing, Technical manual paper (books) binding without printing, Engraving printing plate, Phototypesetting services, Typesetting (i.e., computer controlled, hand, machine), Postpress services (e.g., foil stamping, gilding) on printed materials, Dictionary binding without printing, Gravure plate and cylinder preparation services, Fiction book binding without printing, Photocomposition services, Photoengraving plate preparation services, Prepress printing services (e.g., Nonfiction book binding without printing, Rotogravure printing plates and cylinders preparation services, Lithographic plate preparation services, Electrotype plate preparation services, Letterpress plate preparation services, Embossing plate preparation services, etc.